Best Rapper Alive - 2011 (IF YOUR MVP CHOICE ISN'T ON POLL, MAKE A REQUEST IN THREAD)

Who is the MVP of 2011?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JordanwiththeWiz

you mad..you big mad..I’m happy..leave me alone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Where the fukk is Young Jeezy at :why:

TM3 is better than 80% of that trash you put up there

Last edited:

wingstop

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
outbackbread
We can now officially call it The Booth version of Rate That Girl....dudes are catching feelings for nothing :laff:
people are really are in their feelings over this. They are in every thread like they don't already know the criteria that most users base their votes on. :mjlol:

However I do think MVP and best rapper alive should be two different categories :yeshrug:

Last edited:

wingstop

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
outbackbread
These flabby and sick mfers:flabbynsick: so pathetic this voting is a prime example voting with malice in your heart. Suburbanite cacs talking about K-Rino, Danny Brown and Kendrick Lamar nobody was checking for them like that in 2011. Top 3 off that list that I personally soon people checking for was Watch the throne, LiveLoveAsap and Take Care. Well out of these 3 one is joint album how you vote for Jay and not Kanye. Can't be a MVP off a free mixtape. Take Care sold 2 million pre-streaming era. Obviously he greatest of this era. They voted 2015-2010 and Drake not MVP one of these years something fishy:dahell:
i felt like more people were talking about section80 than Live love asap. It could go either way i guess :yeshrug:

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Tech N9ne has a very successful independent label and can technnically rap well, but let's be reality. Aint nobody checking for Tech N9ne/Strange Music outside of suburban cacs and cornball nikkas. You could almost call him the underground rapper version of Flo-rida and Pitbull.

Catch feelings all you want but I can go out right now and ask any random nikka right now if they're familiar with Tech N9ne and I'll be greeted with :dahell:
Yet he's still more known than K Rino:wow:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Probably gonna hate for this...but do any of the Odd Future guys count this year for a nomination? (Tyler and Mellowhype dropped albums and that was the year as a crew people started taking notice of them and checking their tapes out) I get people think they were corny and CaC and etc but they had impact and thought as rappers they were decent (Earl is probably the biggest choice even though the stuff we heard was from the year before, but I kinda liked Tyler and Hodgy)

Just a nomination though:whoa:

I'd probably give it to Kanye for Watch the Throne and carrying on the momentum from 2010 into 2011. Jay did well too but I feel like it was Kanye's album.

Otherwise this was a big year in terms of finally seeing a re-energinzed youth movement from the internet and different regions. We had kinda seen it in the previous 3 years (The hipster blog rap movement with Nah Right and 2dopeboyz pushing Cool Kids, Kidz in tha Hall, Currensy, Wiz, KRIT, etc)

But this year it felt like there was a real emergence of young talent first heard online and the second class of that online hip hop that brough Hip Hop alive from the stale mid 2000s and a place for young people and others who had to search out for Hip Hop not on the radio

Kendrick dropped Section 80, Cole had his debut (Which was ehh), Drake emerged, Odd Future made a impact with several albums and tape, Danny Brown, ASAP Rocky, KRIT, Currensy

Probably go with Kanye hands and above with ASAP, Odd Future, Common, Drake, Kendrick making noise.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
:dahell: I agree with wayne being represented even though carter 4 was trash.

but return of forever >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> carter 4 :dahell:

if anything he should be represented above raekwon, k rino or saigon :yeshrug:
We considered Wayne. If someone wants to vote for him, he'll be added.
Raekwon and Saigon dropped amazing albums that year.
You know why Rino is there.