Best Cities for Black People In...Part I: NORTH CAROLINA

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
I’m in Wilmington for the weekend. What’s the general consensus on the area? I haven’t seen a lot of us around here, I’m guessing I’m just in the wrong area for that though. Is this area good for black folks?

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
I’m in Wilmington for the weekend. What’s the general consensus on the area? I haven’t seen a lot of us around here, I’m guessing I’m just in the wrong area for that though. Is this area good for black folks?

No! Terrible for black people!

Wilmington is around 17% black and declining, black people are moving out. We don't have enough social capital or leadership positions there, and it's history is among the worst nationally, one of the largest massacres of black folk ever occurred in Wilmington...

Not to mention it's boring as shyt there. fukk Wilmington...

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
No! Terrible for black people!

Wilmington is around 17% black and declining, black people are moving out. We don't have enough social capital or leadership positions there, and it's history is among the worst nationally, one of the largest massacres of black folk ever occurred in Wilmington...

Not to mention it's boring as shyt there. fukk Wilmington...
Yeah I’m really shocked at the low amount of black folks I’ve seen. And I’m definitely good on coming back after exploring it so far. I’ve been hitting up certain parts of NC every year since I’ve lived here. I enjoyed the Outer Banks way more than here.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if we bite the bullet and leave CA it's going to be raleigh/durham.

i've spent a lot of time in raleigh for work related trips and i really like it out there.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
if we bite the bullet and leave CA it's going to be raleigh/durham.

i've spent a lot of time in raleigh for work related trips and i really like it out there.

Damn I didn't even know you were thinking of leaving, you know if you leave the city you gotta link with me out here! I ain't been home since '18, I've met more White people from Sac here and there and only run into like two of us out here...

Ain't your girl Mexican or I'm thinking bout someone else? It's alot of Mexicans here, not Cali of course but Durham has plenty...

What's making you consider leaving, and when would you do so? What specifically did you like about your visits here?

Raleigh is Sac-lite, it's smaller than Sac but the suburban orient is similar, and they are both government towns (state capitals). That smart, tech vibe and education vibe is similar between the two as well, it's the most similar city to Sac in NC if that matters...

Durm is like Vallejo or Oakland-lite 🤣...

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
What is the most scenic place to live or get a vacation home in North Carolina that isn’t deep MAGA country? @Pressure
Beach homes out on Oak Island or surrounding areas.

The only areas of NC that I would never suggest to brehs or brehettes is Western NC. I mean, they talk of how progressive Asheville is, but I don’t know. Few times I’ve ever ventured west of Statesville, I’ve always gotten :mjpls:vibes.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn I didn't even know you were thinking of leaving, you know if you leave the city you gotta link with me out here! I ain't been home since '18, I've met more White people from Sac here and there and only run into like two of us out here...

Ain't your girl Mexican or I'm thinking bout someone else? It's alot of Mexicans here, not Cali of course but Durham has plenty...

What's making you consider leaving, and when would you do so? What specifically did you like about your visits here?

Raleigh is Sac-lite, it's smaller than Sac but the suburban orient is similar, and they are both government towns (state capitals). That smart, tech vibe and education vibe is similar between the two as well, it's the most similar city to Sac in NC if that matters...

Durm is like Vallejo or Oakland-lite 🤣...
lol you thinking of someone else, my girl is black, but it's not for certain we're leaving. it has come up a lot recently though because we getting married and the lease on where we rent is not getting renewed next yr because they are gonna try to sell the house. so basically we in the market.

we're mostly still here due to family ties, my job is now fully remote and she is in a field where we can go anywhere.

but it's really almost all money related and the fact that like you said.... raleigh basically feels like sac except maybe even a little bit more "college townish" than a city vibe and i kind of like it. i want to live somewhere comparable to here still..

we love sac, we love california, but last time i was over there for work in february i was looking at property and we could own there vs here... and it really is like a step up out there.

durham definitely has the vallejo fukkery feels to it, and it's also even cheaper so yeah i threw that in as a possibility. :russ:

(and I do want to live somewhere that is close to where there are good jobs in case i don't stay at this place forever)

Last edited:

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Yeah I’m really shocked at the low amount of black folks I’ve seen. And I’m definitely good on coming back after exploring it so far. I’ve been hitting up certain parts of NC every year since I’ve lived here. I enjoyed the Outer Banks way more than here.

Wilmington is garbage. Pasties live that wack ass city though...

Beach homes out on Oak Island or surrounding areas.

The only areas of NC that I would never suggest to brehs or brehettes is Western NC. I mean, they talk of how progressive Asheville is, but I don’t know. Few times I’ve ever ventured west of Statesville, I’ve always gotten :mjpls:vibes.

Asheville definitely ain't for blacks, it's one of those liberal white towns but it's nestled in Klan Kountry. I've never heard anyone black say they want to move there, just like Wilmington it's a town honkies love...

lol you thinking of someone else, my girl is black, but it's not for certain we're leaving. it has come up a lot recently though because we getting married and the lease on where we rent is not getting renewed next yr because they are gonna try to sell the house. so basically we in the market.

we're mostly still here due to family ties, my job is now fully remote and she is in a field where we can go anywhere.

but it's really almost all money related and the fact that like you said.... raleigh basically feels like sac except maybe even a little bit more "college townish" than a city vibe and i kind of like it. i want to live somewhere comparable to here still..

we love sac, we love california, but last time i was over there for work in february i was looking at property and we could own there vs here... and it really is like a step up out there.

durham definitely has the vallejo fukkery feels to it, and it's also even cheaper so yeah i threw that in as a possibility. :russ:

(and I do want to live somewhere that is close to where there are good jobs in case i don't stay at this place forever)

Oh yeah it's waaayyyy cheaper living out here. COL is rising here too but its nothing compared to living in the large cities up north or on the West Coast...

I must be thinking bout the homie @Max. with the Mexican chick 😆. Do you know when and how he got banned?

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh yeah it's waaayyyy cheaper living out here. COL is rising here too but its nothing compared to living in the large cities up north or on the West Coast...

I must be thinking bout the homie @Max. with the Mexican chick 😆. Do you know when and how he got banned?
yeah and if it was pure COL we could probably go to fukking oklahoma or some shyt and live like we rich rich, but we still want to live somewhere comparable. we still might stay here though.. like i said, family ties, for me especially.

and yeah that sounds like Max.

he got permanently banned over some shyt in the wrestling section for posting somebodies personal info. shyt got too real for him. sad to see the breh go. :snoop:

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
I've been hearing for the past for years that NC is the real "black mecca" and not ATL. Which city in NC is the closet to NYC?
Rocky Mount is the closest city on the I-95 highway. Between Rocky Mount and Richmond VA I-95 is basically passing though the boonies:pachaha:

EDIT: You meant which city is cloest to NY culture wise, my bad breh :snoop:

egsteel

All Star
Daps
:russ: Everybody always asks that. Never really looked it up to see.
It's like part of me thinks it's just some long dead white guy's name. But you just know back in the day they joked on the name hard and used it to intimidate black people.