Best Cities for Black People In...Part I: NORTH CAROLINA

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
I mostly stick to certain parts of Concord like Concord Mills and parts near Kannapolis which is where I live. West Concord looks like an area that I don’t want to be in so I don’t go there. I’m mostly In Charlotte to hang out though.
Use to mess around with a jawn who lived in Kannapolis/Denver. I rarely saw any of us but I know it’s changed cause the last time I drove thru there, it’s like someone dropped a bomb of suburbia there

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
It’s 2022 and y’all still believe in this best cities for blacks people nonsense.

Same shyt everywhere
Ehh, there are objectively terrible places for black people to live and objective better places. Cities in NC for example have EXTREMELY low homicide rates which is very important for black men/ black families raising sons to consider. I'd much raise a son in a <50 homicides 100+ sq mi city than a place like DC that currently has 130+ in 69 sq mi.
My experience is white people are white people anywhere. They aren't any different in NC from anywhere else, only the accents and food changes...

NC government is okay but I'm not the most versed in politics so someone else could describe that better...

Where do you currently live and what is important to you in deciding on a new place of residence?

Where do you live and why didn't yall make the move?

It definitely isn't the same for blacks everywhere and you contradicted yourself by calling DMV the Black Mecca. If that's the case, which I don't necessarily disagree with, then DMV has distinguished itself from other places and isn't the same experience you can find "everywhere"...

There are plenty of middle class and up black hoods in NC. 75%, not positive but majority/over 50%, definitely. I'm sure there are at least some that hit 75%...

All those little counties outside Fayetteville are racist as fukk, particularly Robeson and Sampson. Hoke and Harnett are somewhat better but I wouldn't trust any of these places if I'm a city lover...

Fayetteville has alot of whites but is less inviting to them and they know it, black live is big there. There is a snippet of South Fayetteville that is kinda racist, it isn't a no man's land for us but most of the poor whites in Fayetteville live I'm this specific geographic bubble of South Fayetteville and its really rednecky compared to the overall vibe of The Ville; and East Fayetteville is racist but it's also small as shyt compared to the rest of the city (only like 11,000 population in East Fay) and its so removed from the rest of town, most people in Fayetteville don't know the Eastside exists lol...

They ain't even got a Walmart in East Fayetteville...

Damn near 95% of Fayetteville's population is in the rest of the city, and that stretch in South Fayetteville is a small one. So other than that small bubble and East Fayetteville, white people are not all that comfortable in Fayetteville. Way too many black people and the general culture of the city is black as fukk...

fukk all them counties on the outskirts 🤣...

I'm doing VA soon. Where in Virginia do you live, and where in NC are you coming to?

I prefer VA to NC for sure and if I can go back at some point I will, but I'm in NC for the foreseeable future, probably at least until my daughters are all much older. I've accepted it...
I'm in the DMV. One thing I like about this area is that you can avoid cacs if you want and that District / MD politics are dominated by blacks and/or Democrats. I considered a move to Texas in the past but the politics and long term prospect of that state don't look great IMO.

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
I’m always going to be an advocate for the Triad area (Greensboro, Winston, High Point). Quite a few black neighborhoods, and long time, historic black communities in both Winston and Greensboro. If you are looking to get back to school, or attend school, Greensboro has approximately 9 colleges and universities to choose from, while Winston has 4. There are 3 HBCUs in the area (NCA&T, WSSU, and Bennett College for women).

Strong black presence in the area, and you can find quite a few black middle class neighborhoods scattered throughout the cities. Strong black history.

As for economic growth; it’s slow but it’s growing. Greensboro moreso than Winston. I’m from Winston. I plan on moving back to NC at some point in life, but it’ll be Charlotte or Greensboro.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
I’m always going to be an advocate for the Triad area (Greensboro, Winston, High Point). Quite a few black neighborhoods, and long time, historic black communities in both Winston and Greensboro. If you are looking to get back to school, or attend school, Greensboro has approximately 9 colleges and universities to choose from, while Winston has 4. There are 3 HBCUs in the area (NCA&T, WSSU, and Bennett College for women).

Strong black presence in the area, and you can find quite a few black middle class neighborhoods scattered throughout the cities. Strong black history.

As for economic growth; it’s slow but it’s growing. Greensboro moreso than Winston. I’m from Winston. I plan on moving back to NC at some point in life, but it’ll be Charlotte or Greensboro.

Man it's a good look for black folk for sure. I wouldn't choose to live in The Triad, I briefly considered Gboro a few years ago but it really isn't my kinda city. I will say it's absolutely stunning though, it's the most naturally beautiful city in NC in my opinion...

Why wouldn't you move back to The Tre? Your long term goal of getting back to NC is similar to mine if getting back to VA...

How you think like that bro you from Brooklyn and Queens is right next to you

I got New York coming up soon, tap in if there's anything you wanna contribute! This series is designed for engagement!

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
Man it's a good look for black folk for sure. I wouldn't choose to live in The Triad, I briefly considered Gboro a few years ago but it really isn't my kinda city. I will say it's absolutely stunning though, it's the most naturally beautiful city in NC in my opinion...

Why wouldn't you move back to The Tre? Your long term goal of getting back to NC is similar to mine if getting back to VA...

I got New York coming up soon, tap in if there's anything you wanna contribute! This series is designed for engagement!
I’ve outgrown the Tre, and with the majority of my family still there, I’ll always be around.

Plus, from my time at A&T, I just really grew to love Greensboro and I want to go back. It’s a transplant city, with many people from up north and down south attending the universities there, and then staying around afterwards. That’s appealing to me. I remember as a kid, we used to always hit up 4 seasons mall and emerald pointe during the summers. It’s just a place that makes me feel good. You mentioned the city’s beauty. There are so many beautiful parks, and with the walkway they built downtown, it’s just a city that encourages you to be outside.

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
They don’t even have a Saks in Fayetville

dikembe-mutombo-annoyed.gif

jmegamar

On the Come up Member
Daps
Man one of my longtime homegirls (shes black), been friends with her for years, grew up in Culpeper. She lives in Boca and is 32, at this point she's been in South Florida for like half her life since she was a teenager, and hates her hometown 😆. She told me once she'd never go back, and I think besides some cousins and shyt all her family is in SoFla, I know her parents and siblings have all been in Florida for years...

I went to Culpeper with her well over a decade ago and I liked it...

What was Lynchburg like? I've never been, met a fine sister from there earlier this year. Well she said she bounced around growing up between Lynchburg, Richmond, and Emporia where she was originally from, but she went to LU. Did you like Lynchburg? Where are you originally from?

NC definitely has much more Black Success than VA, it's one of its strongest selling points to me. There are alot of black peoples and families with assets and money here. It's more diverse in VA fir sure though and I like VA weather better...

I'm in Fayetteville 3-4 times a month because my parents and youngest daughter are there. Try to line some shyt up this week and catch up with me, I live and work in Raleigh though so the math may not work anyway!

I don't know where the spots are anymore though 😂 , it's been 7+ years since I could say where all the fun spots were. I will say, Fayetteville has a strong ass dining culture, you can find some great places to eat while you're here...

The Rock black as fukk 😆. And boring as fukk, and shytty as fukk. I'm never going there again if I don't have to...

Where at in VA? Personally I prefer VA to NC, but as I said in the opener different things appeal to different people! If yall are still interested once you pay the mortgage off definitely do it, nothing like living where you want to
Lynchburg was cool. I liked it because it had everything you needed but not an excess of anything. Great place to raise a family. The downtown area didn’t have shyt initially when I moved there but since Liberty started getting National recognition they stepped it up some. Good amount of black ppl. Moved from there for my ex wife’s job. Contrary to popular belief you don’t have to be a big religion head to live there but it’s true that nothing happens if Liberty doesn’t want it to happen. They def control that town.

egsteel

All Star
Daps
Lynchburg was cool. I liked it because it had everything you needed but not an excess of anything. Great place to raise a family. The downtown area didn’t have shyt initially when I moved there but since Liberty started getting National recognition they stepped it up some. Good amount of black ppl. Moved from there for my ex wife’s job. Contrary to popular belief you don’t have to be a big religion head to live there but it’s true that nothing happens if Liberty doesn’t want it to happen. They def control that town.
so what's the deal with the name though? :stopitslime: