Benny The Butcher - Everybody Can’t Go (Discussion Thread)

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Alchemist been cutting samples for major label Griselda stuff for awhile, I doubt it's that. I'd imagine there are a couple samples on the album but nothing crazy.

We've reached "how about a Wayne feature" level of desperation. "How about a Chris Brown feature" is probably next. I'd imagine part of it is going from waiting for Travis to drop, to waiting for Drake to drop. But he should have had some type of street single out already.
Benny already has had a Wayne feature. Wayne is all over features the last few years and he has been spitting. Nothing desperate about getting him on a track :dahell:

bigillwill06

All Star
Daps
Yea I was thinking about this the other day. I was really heavy into the whole Griselda back in 16-21 but it seems like they got stagnant or tried to branch off and stand on their own, and it's not wack, it's just that all of their efforts aren't as good as when they were all on the same page and rockin with each other. Don't know what WSG is doing by not releasing the Stove God album and playing with him "retiring" or whatever the fukk, Conway stays drunk on IG live leaking music and I could care less about his Drumworks albums. Benny and his online antics and lack of new music, along with his super mid BSF albums just have me uninterested. Seems like they all are just stuck career/music wise.
yeah the mystique is totally gone. Now they seem like try hard. Also the extra tuff guy mannerisms outside of rap seem so corny coming from nikkaz in they 40s (Benny nem b lying bout they age). Benny had a great run but his best work to me has already come out. Everything he is dropping now is just him retelling/ rerapping what he has already done. This is why Kendrick Lamar moves how he moves. He drops then disappear leaving u thirsty for more. Griselda is so over saturated I’ve heard actual fans of them say they are tapped out on certain projects (drum work/Rome streetz). Their only hope now is their freshest artist stove and maybe westside who actually gets the best beats and features out them all. Which in and of it self shows a major problem within Griselda: westside wants the shine and his careeer comes first. I’d he put as much time and thought “curating” his artists that had more rap talent than he does they might have made more focused projects. A talent like Conway should not be having as many skippable tracks on each project as he usually does. And where was the guidance to have a sit down with Benny to tell him to slow down the bsf stuff until you establish yourself as titan in the rap game. I’m so tired of bsf and Rick Hyde wack ass it makes me feel like all Benny projects now gonna sound like that shyt(I hope not)

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Let me guess, ALC signature heavy-sample production gotta go thru proper protocol:lupe::ld:
I don't think that's it. Al usually cuts out samples for major label stuff. His beats on God Don't Make Mistakes and Who Made the Sunshine were all sample free, and Johnny P's Caddy was sample free too. Orange Village on Larry June's album is almost entirely sample free too.

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Damned if you do. Damned if you don’t.

If Griselda changes their sound then folks will say they sold out. But if they do sign major label deals and don’t change their sound instead of folks applauding that, they’ll just say what’s the point of going major label if you’re not going to switch up? Benny been knocking out banging projects one after the other since 2016 with My First Brick. The fact these snippets are the quality they are production wise is unparalleled. Still producing fire music after all these years of the same quality just updated. Fire.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Damned if you do. Damned if you don’t.

If Griselda changes their sound then folks will say they sold out. But if they do sign major label deals and don’t change their sound instead of folks applauding that, they’ll just say what’s the point of going major label if you’re not going to switch up? Benny been knocking out banging projects one after the other since 2016 with My First Brick. The fact these snippets are the quality they are production wise is unparalleled. Still producing fire music after all these years of the same quality just updated. Fire.
People are looking at history. Besides Pusha T, ain't a coke rapper that hasn't changed his style up a bit over the years. And if they were on major labels, they pretty much were forced to, or the music wasn't coming out. Hell, Em complains how they was still making him put out goofy singles 3 albums in and that man was going diamond every time

So to think Benny is going to put out the same content and also Def Jam is going to put money behind it, is thinking against most of rap history. It ain't gonna be too long before they ask "Ok what's going to be the single" and start looking at the stream numbers

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
People are looking at history. Besides Pusha T, ain't a coke rapper that hasn't changed his style up a bit over the years. And if they were on major labels, they pretty much were forced to, or the music wasn't coming out. Hell, Em complains how they was still making him put out goofy singles 3 albums in and that man was going diamond every time

So to think Benny is going to put out the same content and also Def Jam is going to put money behind it, is thinking against most of rap history. It ain't gonna be too long before they ask "Ok what's going to be the single" and start looking at the stream numbers
That’s to be expected. He is going to expand his sound & that is a good thing for the fans hoping Benny does add some layers to his content. By listening to these snippets it does not appear that he is completely changing course. Even if he drops a single with a different sound. I believe that since Benny actually has history rapping over trap beats that if he were to do a lead single that has a sound like what’s on the radio today it could really work well & I trust his judgement on hopping on that type of track.

RIPODB

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Side
Yup his social media activity is ramping up now. As soon as I see anything substantial I will edit the OP.