Benny The Butcher - Everybody Can’t Go (Discussion Thread)

Xtz23

All Star
Daps
needed a couple of V Don and Harry Fraud beats

and if he's gonna try to blow up, then go for it. Get one of those anthemic Metro beats. Ride that wave Conductor got fresh off Drake with something from him.

Benny was on a mission lyrically though. I hope he does well.
Yea if anything he should’ve got one hitboy beat like fktg. and had like 3-4 vdon and Daringer beats all together combined. and then lastly get 2 hard banger beats from metro and/or others who have those newer bangers that fit. & i have no complaints with alcs beats on this so I would keep all that alchemist heat. Hitboy shouldn’t have produced half the album, his shyt sounds mad generic af on this.

Last edited:

areohbee824

Superstar
Daps
A week later I've cooled off quite a bit on this. There's some good tracks on here tho

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea if anything he should’ve got one hitboy beat like fktg. and had like 3-4 vdon and Daringer beats all together combined. and then lastly get 2 hard banger beats from metro and/or others who have those newer bangers that fit. & i have no complaints with alcs beats on this so I would keep all that alchemist heat. Hitboy shouldn’t have produced half the album, his shyt sounds mad generic af on this.

What's the last hit record that Hit Boy made? Wiki says he has a gold song with Don Toliver in 2021 and and platinum song with Nipsey in 2019. He's not hot right now for moving units. If he wanted to sell records he didn't need him doing half most of the album. There's probably other producers who could have given him a bigger mainstream push.

Then the features don't really make sense outside of Griselda. Snoop ain't moving the needle and he didn't add anything to the album.

Benny went platinum without trying to. He should have went back to that formula and done it organically.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel like the major label sets artists like him up to fail.

Last edited:

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
I was expecting better given the wait. Thought Benny would have been rapping for his life but I'm not blown away by his performance. Feeling the intro and TMVTL. Even the Griselda track wasn't hitting like that.
Snoop gotta hate Benny on the low. What the fukk was that hook? :snoop:
Benny wass rapping for his life on butcher on steroids, a friend of ours and tt3
Hes already made it
Theres no reason to expect him to do that

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
The first four songs are pretty jarring comparing the production jump between Al and Hit. :picard:

I like Hit but he got washed on this album. Needed more Pillow Talk and Big Tymers caliber beats from him.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
for real it sold less than those?

I don’t think he charted within the top 50 and if he didn’t then irregardless of how anyone feels about the album, Def Jam ROYALLY dropped the ball. There’s absolutely ZERO reason why a Major Label Benny The Butcher album debuts outside the top 20. ZERO.

Def Jam is a piece of shyt as a label.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Does he have any records on here that aren’t street? Not asking to patronize, asking for real because I wanna check em. You can make one kind of content if you me rapping style is malleable, imo….Benny has one style, he always sounds the same…couple that with the content being all the same too and I can’t imagine that a whole LP from him being good. Kinda sorta like Fab (Fab is way better than him, just saying)

Xtz23

All Star
Daps
Does he have any records on here that aren’t street? Not asking to patronize, asking for real because I wanna check em. You can make one kind of content if you me rapping style is malleable, imo….Benny has one style, he always sounds the same…couple that with the content being all the same too and I can’t imagine that a whole LP from him being good. Kinda sorta like Fab (Fab is way better than him, just saying)
Fab doesn’t got no tana talk 3:yeshrug:or no plugs I met 1(Bennys rapping was at its best and he unlocked new flows) :whew: not even a tana talk 4 level:banderas: :mjlol: I like fab as a rapper for a hot 16 or guest appearances but his projects were never good opposed to Benny. This major label album was some straight mid to borderline wack I agree on that for sure

I’ve nvr heard soul tape by fab I’ve seen ppl call it a classic, I’m going to check it soon one day.

Last edited: