Bell Hooks dead at age 69

Thurgood Thurston III

#LLNB #LLLB #E4R | woooK nypdK
Daps
Reppin
The kirk to the fields
nikkas in here shytting on a Black woman who's body isn't even cold yet and can't put forth any meaningful counterarguments to the snippets of her work they're quoting.

color me shocked.

:francis:
From what I gather, all she ever did was tell a bunch of anecdotes without citing sources.

Why would that deserve a meaningful counterargument?

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
When Dr Francis Cress Welsing died and the Shea butter brigade went after her a few minutes after it was announced, brehs were outraged.

Now look.
It’s “interesting” that the mainstream media posted more about bell hooks when she passed than they did for Dr. Francis Cress Welsing. It’s not as if Dr. Welsing wasn’t known either.

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
An inspiration for several of my college dissertations. You will be missed, but not forgotten. Thank you for helping me understand both myself, and the world around me. Rest In peace.

Considering your posts in that barbershop thread, I’m not surprised by your statement in the least bit. Speaking of that barbershop thread you never answered my question, how old are you?

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I read some of her essays in college. Her main message was that patriarchy and white supremacy were tied together and that sexism and racism went hand in hand. This quote pretty much summed up many of her arguments

Yet, our feminist critiques of black male sexism fail as meaningful political intervention if they seek to demonize black males, and do not recognize that our revolutionary work is to transform white supremacist capitalist patriarchy in the multiple areas of our lives where it is made manifest

Didn't agree with everything she wrote but thought all of her arguments were well written and thought out. I'd encourage ya'll to read some of her essays before passing judgment. You should watch this video series as well

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtcPSLo-lxGdAaZ8NaZ0XLMMWAgmNJCdS

Problematic Pat

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
OPP pack hitting.
D4Gi.gif