Bell Hooks dead at age 69

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Not one Bell Hooks fan in here can refute anything in that thread, and they won't touch it.
@Graveyard Hermit @
Bell hooks on black men white women

“White women and black men have it both ways. They can act as oppressor or be oppressed. Black men may be victimized by racism, but sexism allows them to act as exploiters and oppressors of women. White women may be victimized by sexism, but racism enables them to act as exploiters and oppressors of black people. Both groups have led liberation movements that favor their interests and support the continued oppression of other groups. Black male sexism has undermined struggles to eradicate racism just as white female racism undermines feminist struggle. As long as these two groups or any group defines liberation as gaining social equality with ruling class white men, they have a vested interest in the continued exploitation and oppression of others”
She's the reason why you see so many black feminist spam this online. I was wondering where that weird take came from, now I know. I also seen some black feminists promoting Bell Hook's books to young black girls on tiktok.

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Not one Bell Hooks fan in here can refute anything in that thread, and they won't touch it.
@Graveyard Hermit @Consigliere @Matt504
Go through that thread on twitter. You can find thee books cited by going to google scholar.
She's responsible for how a lot of black feminists dehumanize black men. She claimed that the central park 5 deserved what happened to them because they had an animalistic urge to raype white women. She reprinted that book MULTIPLE times and never retracted her statement. She also said that black men using violence to fight against oppression was patriarchal violance that needs to be diminished. Those of you who cape for her are clowns.
I'm not surprised that @Knuckles Red liked her. Only LGBTQ and rad fems mess with her.

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
They gave the white cat in here who make sense and speaks on polices that help black people a warning for speaking on black issues, but cac’s like @the cac mamba are allowed to talk like mini trumps and the countless “conservative” digital black face posters that spew :mjpls: shyt thrive. We need new real pro-black mods on this site. There are a lot of cool ones,but some of them are clearly leading this site of a cliff:mjpls:

Last edited:

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
A woman at work suggested me I read "The Will To Change" by bell hooks. After reading "The Man Not" by Tommy J Curry I ain't about that.

That's even more reason to read it right, Tommy has spoken at length about her lack of citations for example so reading her work will give you an opportunity to see in real time where she's creating frames about Black men that may not be supported by data.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
A woman at work suggested me I read "The Will To Change" by bell hooks. After reading "The Man Not" by Tommy J Curry I ain't about that.
Lol they telling the wrong black men to read her books

They need to be giving those books to those DC Stick up kids. Not men who actually work and leave people alone