Being Hispanic and watching this race war unfolding in the Coli....

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
ya'll dudes confusing color with culture
Black isn't a culture, neither is white or Asian. They are all races. Hispanic/Asian-American/African-American/etc. are not races. They are larger ethnicities/cultures. You're the only one who is confused.

If Hispanic isn't color (something we all seem to know), then what is it relevance in this "race war" you've contrived?

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
Black isn't a culture, neither is white or Asian. They are all races. Hispanic/Asian-American/African-American/etc. are not races. They are larger ethnicities/cultures. You're the only one who is confused.

If Hispanic isn't color (something we all seem to know), then what is it relevance in this "race war" you've contrived?
I'd bet anything this dude is a Dominican. :wtf:

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
See to me all these lil dominican kids could pass as my lil cousins = black

people.jpg

sba_drschoolkids.jpg

Dominican-Republic-local-people.jpg

me
15z09qh.jpg

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
You guys are of several races

Hispanic/Latino people are racially mixed for the most part BUT, many are just white, just black, just asian, just american indian, just arab (yes I said arab there are many arabs in latin america: ex. salma hayek and carlos slim)

categorizing such diverse people into one group is the problem

:what:

Hispanics are anyone who speaks the Spanish language as a mother tongue, or comes from an ethnic group which does. Hispanic is language based.

That's like saying Americans can't be black or white. American is not a race and neither is Hispanic. Hispanic has ZERO of anything to do with race.

A Latino is anyone who speaks a Romance language as a mother tongue, or comes from an ethnic group which does. French, Portuguese, Italian, Spanish etc are all Latin languages. Brazilians, Portuguese, French, Haitians, Spaniards, Italians etc are Latinos. Not just people who speak the Spanish Language.

Spanish has two meanings. Its a language and its the demonym for the people of Spain. Same way English has two meanings. People from England are English and its also a language.

I don't know why people confuse Hispanic as a race. Its not hard to understand. Go to any country in Latin America and you'll see white, black, mixed, Indian, Chinese etc people like any other part of the world.

Watch this interview.
Negro: How Afro-Americans Found Out About AfroLatinos - YouTube
I kno about Hispanics being and ethnicity and not a race I was making a point to the dude I was quoting that whites and black are always claiming us

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
hispanic would be considered blacks in the united states...in the sense of the black blood rule...though they mixed with indian, kkkakkks...the dark/brown/tan skin is an influence and mixture of black...indian...etc

as for looks/history/a lot of hispanics have black in them

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
Who cares if Dominicans, Ricans etc etc don't consider themselves "Black" in the American sense.

I wouldn't want to be associated with you big lipped, nappy haired, chicken bone sucking jiggaboos anyhow

monopoly-man-295x300.jpg

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
I kno about Hispanics being and ethnicity and not a race I was making a point to the dude I was quoting that whites and black are always claiming us
That's because there are white and black Hispanics. :what:

Cameron Diaz is clearly white. David Ortiz is clearly black.

That's like Tinie Tempah saying that blacks are always trying to claim him and Christian Bale saying whites are always trying to claim him. :wtf: Sure they are both British, but that doesn't have anything to do with their race.

Your post made little to zero sense.