Being ‘hafu’ in Japan: Mixed-race people face ridicule, rejection

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
So what's it really like out there @Tommy Knocks? This chick did say she was bullied a lot growing up but I've also heard of a lot of positive experiences from black posters who've been in Japan and I do think a lot of Japanese people are open minded.

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
So what's it really like out there @Tommy Knocks? This chick did say she was bullied a lot growing up but I've also heard of a lot of positive experiences from black posters who've been in Japan and I do think a lot of Japanese people are open minded.
I think @Dirty lives there. another poster lives there but I dont know how to spell the name.

I was there last nov. japan was hands down my favorite country in asia. the japanese are very nice people. I think ol girl was bullied for being different, which is common for kids, had she been japanese, but fat ie different, she'd have been bullied. but now grown, she was voted Miss Japan by her peers. Im sure there are racist people, but the society of japan isnt so much racist, theyre xenophobic. they discriminate against all foreigners, esp asian ones. thats what happens when youre an island of one race, outsiders get the :whoa: treatment. If they can hire a japanese cartoonist, they will, over you. low key tho thats how it should be. but overall as a guest in their country theyre pretty chill.

Dank Hill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I think @Dirty lives there. another poster lives there but I dont know how to spell the name.

I was there last nov. japan was hands down my favorite country in asia. the japanese are very nice people. I think ol girl was bullied for being different, which is common for kids, had she been japanese, but fat ie different, she'd have been bullied. but now grown, she was voted Miss Japan by her peers. Im sure there are racist people, but the society of japan isnt so much racist, theyre xenophobic. they discriminate against all foreigners, esp asian ones. thats what happens when youre an island of one race, outsiders get the :whoa: treatment. If they can hire a japanese cartoonist, they will, over you. low key tho thats how it should be. but overall as a guest in their country theyre pretty chill.
This, and yes I live here now. I never been fukked with per say out here, but I have experienced the normal japanese only places which all foreigners should expect to experience out here. Other than that I feel like a fukkin black super hero out here with the amount of positive attention I get. Then again there aren't alot of swole black americans running around here (africans yes).

Camile.Bidan

Banned
Daps
If you mix Asians like Chinese and Japanese with aboriginals (who are essentially black), you would get what you see in a lot of southeast Asian countries and South Pacific

I once thought that Black Admixture solely explained the South East Asian variety of features.

However, after visiting Taiwan and seeing the original Austronesians (the taiwanese aboriginals) who took over South East Asia from the Asian Blacks, I think Austronesians were already distinct from Chinese and other Asians before Black Admixture.

a371.gif

aboriginal-culture03.jpg

seedig3as.jpg

But yes certainly there are south East Asians with black heritage.

Like this girl

6dwlf8.jpg

Or manny pacqiuo's dad.

th_1273677357_pacman_and_pacdaddy%281%29.jpg

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
Come to Toronto and we can start our own clan of black and Japanese people.

Turk

Young, Gifted, and Black
Daps
Reppin
Southside
Because the shyt is true....

nikkas need to awaken that we are the most hated race on the planet.

Anyone who says else wise is a Damned liar. Be a black man and try to get engaged or married to an Asian/Indian woman your going to be dealing with some racist shyt from her family 100% of the time. IF they are dirt poor or extremely liberal usually there's not this issue but if they are anywhere close to middle class or traditional yes.

I have a close friend who sweating getting engaged to his girlfriend because her family is on some racist shyt.

Dude is an engineer making 80-90k and her family is like "He's a perfect guy but he's black you need to find someone else long term."

A lot of girls who ignore their parents and get married to black guys end up socially isolated from the family and cut off financially so a lot of us never even get in the position to propose marriage to them or even fukk.

I say the same thing to this muslim dudes talking about how good Islam is and how accepting of a religion it is and I ask why is it so hard for you to marry an Arabic girl.

These other races are racist as fukk and extremely against intermarrying interracial relationships. I don't know why so many black guys like interracial relationships.

Oh yeah and fukk you @ghaleon for the neg you can kiss my ass :pacspit:

429915_10150621643545166_170008334_n.jpg

No offense but your homie is an idiot for tryna marry a chick whose family don't fukk with him. Why would I marry a chick whose family is racist when i can marry a black girl whose family loves me. I'm not remotely attracted to Arabs nor do i have anything common with them so i wouldn't try and marry one :ld:

Daps
Basically this. Note in the article she got both praised and ridiculed, some will hate, some will love, when is anything ever unanimous? We are far too complex of people to all think one way. That's humans, show me a single place on this planet where every single citizen is tolerant of everybody. You can't. I would imagine being japanese in nigeria would be the same thing, people making comments about the eyes, eating dogs, making ching shang fung sounds. It's what kids do. but to call it racism is a little extreme esp for a country that only has one race, its xenophobia and ignorance, a common human trait which was essential to survival. Now with globalization we have to evolve, which we are. Japan has LOADS of Hafus represented in the media, in fact, THIS fukkING ARTICLE IS ABOUT JAPAN HAVING A HAFU MISS JAPAN. HELLOOOOOOO. :heh:
ain't you the same dude who accuses any north sudanese person of being janjaweed:comeon:

Gains

Superstar
Daps
No offense but your homie is an idiot for tryna marry a chick whose family don't fukk with him. Why would I marry a chick whose family is racist when i can marry a black girl whose family loves me. I'm not remotely attracted to Arabs nor do i have anything common with them so i wouldn't try and marry one :ld:

not like he married chicks family

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Basically them following the ways of their white masters.

Main reason why I would never want to live anywhere that's not a black area.