Beetlejuice Beetlejuice #1 Again #1 Again | The Domestic Box Office Thread | Sep. 13-15

Which Movie will Gross More this Weekend?

• Don't Worry Darling

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • The Woman King

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
It's the money... It's always the money...

Yea, I'm going to see EVERYTHING with a $5 wednesday ticket... Maybe even $9.95 saturday night ticket... If I really want to splurge, an $11 IMAX ticket... Large popcorn AND slushie for $10 total.... Yea lets go... Hell, bring the wife.. Bring the kids.. Family of four for the new Pixar movie?? I'm not even spending $60

Word to Nicky Santoro :wow:

f89a795b-73be-4a42-b2b6-c826bb44d8e2_text.gif

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sound of Freedom was a decent movie :ehh:
I know that movie had to hir hard with parents and have them hugging their little kid(s) as soon as they got home.

I thought Joy Ride would do better. Them chicks put it on BD's basketball squad :russ:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
My parents loved Indiana Jones. I got zero interest in seeing it. Seems like older people are the demographic. The numbers would have been good if the film had any semblance of a logical budget or competent studio. This is nothing more than money laundering, creative Hollywood accounting, and an everlasting focus on backend profit.

If I was a studio head I'd be looking at these horror films earning 2-4x their budgets and moving in that direction, instead of praying your 300mil massive blockbuster does well.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
It's the money... It's always the money...

Yea, I'm going to see EVERYTHING with a $5 wednesday ticket... Maybe even $9.95 saturday night ticket... If I really want to splurge, an $11 IMAX ticket... Large popcorn AND slushie for $10 total.... Yea lets go... Hell, bring the wife.. Bring the kids.. Family of four for the new Pixar movie?? I'm not even spending $60

Do you know how fukking amazing a movie has to be for me to go see it nowadays?? Just to walk in the door, I'm damn near paying $20 right there. Another $10 for a large popcorn... 4 drinks at $8 dollars a piece.. Don't even talk about the $12 nachos or the $5 candy...

I took the kids to see Spiderman 2... $120 dollars at the damn theater and we shared drinks and popcorn... Yea.. You goddamn right we gonna wait for streaming or cracked firestick unless it's the movie of the year
Even before the pandemic I wasn’t hitting up the theaters like back in the day. Straight up, over the last decade I’ve probably only went to the theaters 15-20 times.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Even before the pandemic I wasn’t hitting up the theaters like back in the day. Straight up, over the last decade I’ve probably only went to the theaters 15-20 times.
Most I ever went was during that movie pass shyt. Soon as it became 3 movies for $30, I checked out. That’s what we used to pay anyway and you throwing it back like it’s a deal. I’ll wait on stream

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
This is why Box Office receipts don't mean shyt, Insidious was one of the worst flicks I've seen ever. Did they need to make another movie to keep the rights? Shyt was dog shyt for the sake of dog shyt

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
This is why Box Office receipts don't mean shyt, Insidious was one of the worst flicks I've seen ever. Did they need to make another movie to keep the rights? Shyt was dog shyt for the sake of dog shyt
To keep rights? Nah they are printing money with these low budget horror films

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
If you could make a sandwich for only $1 and knew that you could make $5-$10 would you do it? Even if people complained about said sandwich?:jbhmm:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Ant-Man 3 is right up there too. Not just because it barely got across $400M after having a $200M+ budget and more with advertising costs (probably $150M or so) but also because it was supposed to set up the next line of Avengers movies with Kang's introduction. And everyone looked at it and said :ld:

With shyt like The Flash or Indiana Jones 5, they aren't here to set up anything else. They are what they are.
I think its the other way around. Kang might not have hit in Ant Man...but Marvel got plenty of other movies to put him in for him to hit. And the movie he really needs to hit in, the avengers...is YEARS away.

For DC...Gunn is trying to jumpstart an entire comic universe. It was already bad enough that they had to remove all the other actors from the other roles, which just causes confusion "wait so is Ben NOT batman anymore? Wait so is Robert the new batman? Wait are those stand alone movies that won't have anything to do with the Justice League stuff and that is going to be ANOTHER batman? Wait who is wonder woman again? Wait Momao got an Aquaman movie coming out is that from Gunns DC or is that from the Snyderverse? Wait so is this flash movie the flash universe going forward or was that also from the Snyderverse? On top of that general level of confusion Gunn now has to jump over this big giant brick that was the flash movie cause as soon as he drops a trailer and release date for a movie he has something to do with its going to be all these people coming out saying "man that last DC movie was trash why would I see this?" "Well I didn't have anything to do with that movie it was made before I came on board." "Oh for realz thats whats up but it was trash so why would I go see a DC supehero movie when the last one was trash and flopped?"

Aquaman needs to HIT or Gunn DC going to be stillborn when he push it out. Aquaman might be the most important movie for the upcoming DC movie universe and its a movie Gunn aint have nothing to do with. Its going to be hard for him to survive one brick aint no way he going to survive 2, and its bricks he aint have nothing to do with.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Flash and Indy bombing. :wow:

I wonder how much Covid changed the game to make people wanna wait for streaming. These movies nowadays are already out a month or 2 after release.
You know what else people do now that studios have to contend with...people just make up random dates in they head when a movie will be on streaming and that make believe date becomes the date they will even think about seeing the movie, after that the actual release date of the movie and the movie being in theaters means nothing...

I know several people who no matter what movie you say you going to see they always say "for whats it going to be on streamiing in a month anyway":francis:. Then I say "no its not nobody has said anything about when it will be on streaming". They say "oh. Well, I just catch it when its on HBO Max." Uh who even said that hbo max will be the streaming service it will be on:mjlol:.

Now everyone else in the group is just like "yeah I'll check for it when its on streaming" :ehh:

5 people who were probably going to go see a movie. Then one person made up a random streaming date out of thin air. Now all 5 are just going to wait for streaming and the movie is not even in their world until then. shyt this is more the norm now with people I talk to about movies.

"Aint that on streaming already". Huh...it aint even in theaters yet :mjlol:.

With Napoleon I'm already seeing "wait its made by Apple studios. So its going to be on apple tv. I'll wait for it to be on streaming." Movie got 1 trailer and I already heard multiple people talk themselves out of going to see it in a theater because they saw that apple studios made it.:mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I think its the other way around. Kang might not have hit in Ant Man...but Marvel got plenty of other movies to put him in for him to hit. And the movie he really needs to hit in, the avengers...is YEARS away.

For DC...Gunn is trying to jumpstart an entire comic universe. It was already bad enough that they had to remove all the other actors from the other roles, which just causes confusion "wait so is Ben NOT batman anymore? Wait so is Robert the new batman? Wait are those stand alone movies that won't have anything to do with the Justice League stuff and that is going to be ANOTHER batman? Wait who is wonder woman again? Wait Momao got an Aquaman movie coming out is that from Gunns DC or is that from the Snyderverse? Wait so is this flash movie the flash universe going forward or was that also from the Snyderverse? On top of that general level of confusion Gunn now has to jump over this big giant brick that was the flash movie cause as soon as he drops a trailer and release date for a movie he has something to do with its going to be all these people coming out saying "man that last DC movie was trash why would I see this?" "Well I didn't have anything to do with that movie it was made before I came on board." "Oh for realz thats whats up but it was trash so why would I go see a DC supehero movie when the last one was trash and flopped?"

Aquaman needs to HIT or Gunn DC going to be stillborn when he push it out. Aquaman might be the most important movie for the upcoming DC movie universe and its a movie Gunn aint have nothing to do with. Its going to be hard for him to survive one brick aint no way he going to survive 2, and its bricks he aint have nothing to do with.

This is all nonsense. Aquaman 2 means nothing to anything Gunn is doing. The only reason WBD is putting these movies out is because they were pretty much already in the can when the merger went through. The new leadership was tasked to eliminate debt and so far they've already done that, eliminating $9 billion in debt while also turning Max into a profitable streamer. Whatever money Aquaman makes is what it makes. It means nothing towards the reboot.

And speaking of the reboot, I'm pretty sure fans understand what a reboot is. They aren't that dumb. Nobody is going to ask why Ben isn't Batman. They just watched Robert Pattinson in a separate Batman movie which ended up being very successful. The only thing you can say is that maybe people care less about The Flash movie and the upcoming Aquaman movie because they know these characters are done basically for the time being and have nothing to do with Gunn's projects.

On the Kang front, nope... that was a big disaster for Marvel. Not only did it lose money but it was supposed to introduce the big bad for the next phase of the MCU. Yeah, he can be salvaged in other media but to act like it meant nothing is ridiculous and honestly just comes off as some Marvel stanning because the whole idea is that Kang is supposed to be successfully BUILT UP to get people hyped for the next Avengers movie and this didn't do that.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Flash and Indy bombing. :wow:

I wonder how much Covid changed the game to make people wanna wait for streaming. These movies nowadays are already out a month or 2 after release.
Covid made people spend less money period. Clubs and bars don't pack out like they used to either:wow:

Pandemic forced a lot of people to sit back and look at all the money they wasted on bullshyt like :wtf: :huhldup::gucci::camby: