Beetlejuice Beetlejuice #1 Again #1 Again | The Domestic Box Office Thread | Sep. 13-15

Which Movie will Gross More this Weekend?

• Don't Worry Darling

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • The Woman King

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
It ain’t even supposed to be admirable, it’s just the way of Hollywood life with studios. As long as they’re making money, it’s all good lol.

scarface-tony-montana.gif

Hollywood is so polluted. I can't even make a good fukking movie with her :wow:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Aquaman needs to HIT or Gunn DC going to be stillborn when he push it out. Aquaman might be the most important movie for the upcoming DC movie universe and its a movie Gunn aint have nothing to do with. Its going to be hard for him to survive one brick aint no way he going to survive 2, and its bricks he aint have nothing to do with.
:dahell:

Gunn has nothing to do with the previous DCEU outside of being coerced into promoting the last few movies that are closing out the era

Either way they'll have no effect on Gunn's universe, which was part of the point of scrapping the DCEU in the first place

The best thing Gunn can do after Aquaman 2 is duck off and shut the fukk up for a few years while he crafts his universe. Nobody will care about the DCEU after a few years but it has to be a clean break and a true restart

If he sticks to this, and the movies are good, he'll be fine

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You know what else people do now that studios have to contend with...people just make up random dates in they head when a movie will be on streaming and that make believe date becomes the date they will even think about seeing the movie, after that the actual release date of the movie and the movie being in theaters means nothing...

I know several people who no matter what movie you say you going to see they always say "for whats it going to be on streamiing in a month anyway":francis:. Then I say "no its not nobody has said anything about when it will be on streaming". They say "oh. Well, I just catch it when its on HBO Max." Uh who even said that hbo max will be the streaming service it will be on:mjlol:.

Now everyone else in the group is just like "yeah I'll check for it when its on streaming" :ehh:

5 people who were probably going to go see a movie. Then one person made up a random streaming date out of thin air. Now all 5 are just going to wait for streaming and the movie is not even in their world until then. shyt this is more the norm now with people I talk to about movies.

"Aint that on streaming already". Huh...it aint even in theaters yet :mjlol:.

With Napoleon I'm already seeing "wait its made by Apple studios. So its going to be on apple tv. I'll wait for it to be on streaming." Movie got 1 trailer and I already heard multiple people talk themselves out of going to see it in a theater because they saw that apple studios made it.:mjlol:
This post illustrates the point I've been making about why the MCU has been failing and why nobody's seeing anything else at the theaters either

Word of mouth is the life or death of entertainment these days. Nikkas ain't reading or watching reviews, or trusting old IPs. If one nikka sees that movie and tells his coworkers, family, the group chat, etc to save their money you just lost a group of tickets right there. Meanwhile if your shyt is good you can inverse that situation and now you have a hit on your hands

The fall of the MCU is a great measuring stick because if you look at 2022/23 the movies had the same trajectory. Huge first week because of brand recognition, then the 2nd week the numbers fall off a cliff. Nikkas see the movie then tell their people "That shyt was :camby:"

I don't think Hollywood understands that people have these conversations

Last edited:

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is all nonsense. Aquaman 2 means nothing to anything Gunn is doing. The only reason WBD is putting these movies out is because they were pretty much already in the can when the merger went through. The new leadership was tasked to eliminate debt and so far they've already done that, eliminating $9 billion in debt while also turning Max into a profitable streamer. Whatever money Aquaman makes is what it makes. It means nothing towards the reboot.

And speaking of the reboot, I'm pretty sure fans understand what a reboot is. They aren't that dumb. Nobody is going to ask why Ben isn't Batman. They just watched Robert Pattinson in a separate Batman movie which ended up being very successful. The only thing you can say is that maybe people care less about The Flash movie and the upcoming Aquaman movie because they know these characters are done basically for the time being and have nothing to do with Gunn's projects.

On the Kang front, nope... that was a big disaster for Marvel. Not only did it lose money but it was supposed to introduce the big bad for the next phase of the MCU. Yeah, he can be salvaged in other media but to act like it meant nothing is ridiculous and honestly just comes off as some Marvel stanning because the whole idea is that Kang is supposed to be successfully BUILT UP to get people hyped for the next Avengers movie and this didn't do that.
One of those posts where you read it like "Wtf is this nikka on?? " then scroll back up and see the username and it clicks

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
:dahell:

Gunn has nothing to do with the previous DCEU outside of being coerced into promoting the last few movies that are closing out the era

Either way they'll have no effect on Gunn's universe, which was part of the point of scrapping the DCEU in the first place

The best thing Gunn can do after Aquaman 2 is duck off and shut the fukk up for a few years while he crafts his universe. Nobody will care about the DCEU after a few years but it has to be a clean break and a true restart

If he sticks to this, and the movies are good, he'll be fine
It doesn't matter to the average movie goer what James Gunn is attached to and what he is not attached to. The average movie goer doesn't even know who the fukk James Gunn is :mjlol: . What they do know is that Black Adam is a DC comic book character and he had a movie and people talk about how it underperformed and how dumb the Rock looked in it. What they do know is Shazam is a DC comic book character and the lead actor on the movie had a nervous breakdown on the internet that was retweeted hundredes of times and viewed by more people who actually went and saw the movie. What they do know is the flash is a DC comic book movie and that it is a complete box office bomb because that is all anybody ever talks about. Nobody talks about the flash as an actual movie, they just talk about it as a bomb. Type "the flash film" in google and tell me what the top 10 stories say? Type "the flash film" in youtube and tell me what the top 10 clips say about the movie?

DC keep piling up these bricks it won't matter how long he goes away the second he pop up all everyone will want to talk about is them bricks. Nobody is going to say "oh yeah I am going to totally disregard the last 3 movies I saw with DC characters in them and give this 4th one a chance because it's a James Gunn movie."

Nobody will care about the DCEU...until a trailer drops for a DCEU film and the first thing they going to think about is the last few DC films they saw or heard about and that affects how they feel about the new one. That is how humans behave.

James Gunn wasn't hired "to be fine." He was hired to generate billions of dollars using comic book properties. "Fine" is going to get Gunn fired from whatever his actual job is.

There is no such thing as a restart in the comic book universe. People don't just magically forget those previous movies exist. You ask somebody who directed the last transformers movie and i will bet you real money they say Michael Bay.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
One of those posts where you read it like "Wtf is this nikka on?? " then scroll back up and see the username and it clicks

I feel the same way. Sometimes I think to myself "its pretty unbelievable that a company will pay me this much money to perform these job functions that aren't all that difficult and that probably anybody could do". And then I come into a thread like this and read people responses and I say to myself "oh...that's why they pay me all that money because actually there aren't that many people who can do what I do."

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

If you don't understand what's been said then just say that. It's pretty clear. It's nothing but numbers and facts. Easy to consume and understand. If you can't do that, that says more about you than the post. I understand this isn't exactly Higher Learning but christ.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I feel the same way. Sometimes I think to myself "its pretty unbelievable that a company will pay me this much money to perform these job functions that aren't all that difficult and that probably anybody could do". And then I come into a thread like this and read people responses and I say to myself "oh...that's why they pay me all that money because actually there aren't that many people who can do what I do."

If your job entails getting a point across then they should probably fire you because you're horrible at it. What is your point? Explain what James Gunn's new universe has to do with the performance of Aquaman 2, a movie that has nothing to do with him, a movie that has nothing to do with the universe that he is crafting. Nothing about the Superman movie "hinges" on Aquaman 2. I already explained why they are putting these leftovers out.

Nobody is going to hold a movie that was already in the can prior to him being made President of DC against him.

But then again you are the same poster who said audiences will be "confused" that Affleck isn't Batman anymore while forgetting that Pattinson's Batman already made $770M on a shortened 45-day window and was a critical success. Nobody was confused.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Let's be honest here... you don't have a job right? That was a ruse? I have to assume you're not actually employed and if you are it's a throwaway position :mjlol:

Let's also call a spade a spade, you were offended that I rightly called out how poorly Ant-Man 3 did at the box office and that is the driving force behind your nonsensical babble. Right? Lol.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you don't understand what's been said then just say that. It's pretty clear. It's nothing but numbers and facts. Easy to consume and understand. If you can't do that, that says more about you than the post. I understand this isn't exactly Higher Learning but christ.
I don't care about the a&r roleplaying you got going on their

It was more about the strange conclusions drawn and the unbelievable amount of bias shown

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I don't care about the a&r roleplaying you got going on their

It was more about the strange conclusions drawn and the unbelievable amount of bias shown

How was I playing A&R when all of these things are readable on the trades? I'm not saying anything that hasn't been reported. What bias was shown? I'm all ears. Break it down. What did I say that was not factual?

That's the real issue. You want to talk about how my posts are "out there" when I'm only relaying what is already known to people who read Deadline or Hollywood Reporter etc.

I guess you just wanted it to be one way but it's the other..

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
It doesn't matter to the average movie goer what James Gunn is attached to and what he is not attached to. The average movie goer doesn't even know who the fukk James Gunn is :mjlol: . What they do know is that Black Adam is a DC comic book character and he had a movie and people talk about how it underperformed and how dumb the Rock looked in it. What they do know is Shazam is a DC comic book character and the lead actor on the movie had a nervous breakdown on the internet that was retweeted hundredes of times and viewed by more people who actually went and saw the movie. What they do know is the flash is a DC comic book movie and that it is a complete box office bomb because that is all anybody ever talks about. Nobody talks about the flash as an actual movie, they just talk about it as a bomb. Type "the flash film" in google and tell me what the top 10 stories say? Type "the flash film" in youtube and tell me what the top 10 clips say about the movie?

DC keep piling up these bricks it won't matter how long he goes away the second he pop up all everyone will want to talk about is them bricks. Nobody is going to say "oh yeah I am going to totally disregard the last 3 movies I saw with DC characters in them and give this 4th one a chance because it's a James Gunn movie."

Nobody will care about the DCEU...until a trailer drops for a DCEU film and the first thing they going to think about is the last few DC films they saw or heard about and that affects how they feel about the new one. That is how humans behave.

James Gunn wasn't hired "to be fine." He was hired to generate billions of dollars using comic book properties. "Fine" is going to get Gunn fired from whatever his actual job is.

There is no such thing as a restart in the comic book universe. People don't just magically forget those previous movies exist. You ask somebody who directed the last transformers movie and i will bet you real money they say Michael Bay.
I'm sorry fellas but he's right. I say this all the time.... We are on a message board. We are the nerds. We keep up with every article, tweet, inside info, behind the scenes feature, webisode, etc etc etc

The avg movie goer literally says "Yo you see they have a new Marvel movie coming out" Don't even know the fukking name. I swear to god last week a coworker said to me "Holy shyt they got GotG 3?? When was 2?? They must have bombed cause I didn't hear anything about it!" My nerdy ass in shock, but to them who isn't glued to a tv nor care to look up what movie is out, it made perfect sense.

Most of these people don't know who the fukk Gunn is nor do they even know this shyt is being rebooted. DC working on it's 10th bomb pretty much with about 3 in a row. Not even ehhhhhh. Straight BOMBS. That's all people will hear. "Hey another DC movie coming but they suck." We literally watched it happen. Movies was doing good. JL came out and bombed, and it went straight downhill... Aquaman did a billy and nobody gave a fukk.. Still shut that shyt down.

B-b-b-b-but the batman and joker.... You mean two films that starred legendary actors, with the only character DC has that routinely hits (OG, Nolan, Joker/Batman) and a marketing campaign that let you know this has absolutely NOTHING to do with the DCU?? And still their #2 guy couldn't break 1 billion in either film....

Yea.. Gunn has an upwards battle to erase DCU from people's mind AND also his has to actually be good. Which is something we seem to be taking for granted, because Gunn ain't really that special in the first place where you just assume this is going to be great. This ain't Nolan. I have zero faith in this man cause you can't tell me the dope comic book movie he put out

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
B-b-b-b-but the batman and joker.... You mean two films that starred legendary actors, with the only character DC has that routinely hits (OG, Nolan, Joker/Batman) and a marketing campaign that let you know this has absolutely NOTHING to do with the DCU?? And still their #2 guy couldn't break 1 billion in either film....

Nah, you ruined your whole argument. People are smart enough to know 'The Batman' and 'Joker' are separate but they aren't smart enough to know that the new 'Superman' will be separate?

:mjlol: Stop.... lmao

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Nah, you ruined your whole argument. People are smart enough to know 'The Batman' and 'Joker' are separate but they aren't smart enough to know that the new 'Superman' will be separate?

:mjlol: Stop.... lmao
Is that what I said? No it isn't

Let me try this again... The avg moviegoer doesn't not know the difference... But in the case of joker/batman they had A list actors AND a marketing campaign to establish these as standalones AND their most popular character ever movie wise.... and here it comes........................................... THEY STILL DIDN'T CRACK 1 BILLION DOLLARS

So therefore Gunn, who doesn't have A listers, will have a campaign to state this IS the new DCU (confusion) and has a character that didn't even crack 700 million in MOS, has a BIGGER battle ahead. Top that off with WE DON'T EVEN KNOW IF HE CAN MAKE A GOOD COMIC MOVIE.

The conclusion which was... It's going to be harder if Aquaman bombs too... Stands true.

Y'all acting like nobody is going to care or remember and it won't affect shyt.. I'm saying y'all are wrong

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
What the fukk did I just read?

'Joker' made over a billion. Actually, it is one of the most profitable comic book movies of all time because the budget was like $70M.

'The Batman' made $770M in a shortened 45-day window. It probably would have made a billion if they kept it in theaters longer but the old regime had this idea to put it on HBO Max to try to get more subscribers out of it.

Also, 'Superman: Legacy' doesn't need to make a billion to be successful if they don't go overbudget on it.

Lastly, what do you mean we don't know if Gunn can make a good superhero movie? He's already made 4 of them which are all good, some great.