Beetlejuice Beetlejuice #1 Again #1 Again | The Domestic Box Office Thread | Sep. 13-15

Which Movie will Gross More this Weekend?

• Don't Worry Darling

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • The Woman King

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
not saying it's the only reason TPM succeeded but we're underestimating the maga and middle america turn out that movie had.
you had old white people seeing that movie multiple times. people who didn't go to movies normally were seeing and felt like they were fighting against the "normal media"
we can't forget the DeSantis ad :lolbron:
jerry bruckhiemer actually talked about it in an interview

which is why I'm curious if tom cruise gets the same turnout for MI7

I know I'm going to see it though As a MI fan
I don’t think it will be anywhere close to Maverick but I low-key think Tom rejuvenated his career with Maverick so I see the last MI doing very well. Top gun Maverick was a statement from Tom Cruise showing that when everyone else is putting out CGI heavy schlock his films are doing a lot more and I think even general audiences are hip to that now

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
I don’t think it will be anywhere close to Maverick but I low-key think Tom rejuvenated his career with Maverick so I see the last MI doing very well. Top gun Maverick was a statement from Tom Cruise showing that when everyone else is putting out CGI heavy schlock his films are doing a lot more and I think even general audiences are hip to that now
but he’s been doing it with mission impossible since rogue nation
I just feel like if they liked him in that they should love him in mission impossible. They’re cooler imo

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Indy 5 is just about as big of a flop if not more than flash considering its budget. But yeah if it doesn't drop 72% in its second week(more likely would be around 60%) it could catch the Flash domestically buts its really a race to the bottom as both are huge flops regardless, but right now Jones 5 ain't looking good at all especially world wide numbers.

Ant-Man 3 is right up there too. Not just because it barely got across $400M after having a $200M+ budget and more with advertising costs (probably $150M or so) but also because it was supposed to set up the next line of Avengers movies with Kang's introduction. And everyone looked at it and said :ld:

With shyt like The Flash or Indiana Jones 5, they aren't here to set up anything else. They are what they are.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Yeah this is definitely gonna be the last weekend for Flash being in the top 10.

Red Door and Joy Ride releasing friday should probably push it out.

I still need to see Asteroid City, hopefully the times stay good. Might see Indy on monday :patrice:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
wait.. when the fukk did guardians of the galaxy volume 3 come out?!?!?!? I havnt seen ONE commercial for this film or heard one person discuss this in real life.. I thought it was coming out next year :dwillhuh: I havnt seen a single instagram promo or anything :dwillhuh:
shyt was mid. Only Rocket and the villain were good imo.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

This is a good watch

They made a lot of good points. I agree with them that there's a lot out there all at the same time. May through July release schedule is crazy. How can you try to market 10 movies in the same timeframe and sell each as a "special blockbuster" and "one of the best movies ever". Studios are so focused on having a summer release but end up coming and going. Like who thought it was a good idea to come out with those Pixar and DreamWorks animated movies in a two week span?
At the end of the day though, studios have to come out with quality products. With Top Gun, the OG was before my time so it wasn't anything I ever watched, thought about, or cared for. But I watched Maverick because of word of mouth. The Flash was they tried to get the word of mouth marketing going first with big name individuals and then holding a lot of advance screenings, but I think those advance screenings might have backfired on them.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Ant-Man 3 is right up there too. Not just because it barely got across $400M after having a $200M+ budget and more with advertising costs (probably $150M or so) but also because it was supposed to set up the next line of Avengers movies with Kang's introduction. And everyone looked at it and said :ld:

With shyt like The Flash or Indiana Jones 5, they aren't here to set up anything else. They are what they are.
Time to dump the rest of my disney stock :huhldup:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
They made a lot of good points. I agree with them that there's a lot out there all at the same time. May through July release schedule is crazy. How can you try to market 10 movies in the same timeframe and sell each as a "special blockbuster" and "one of the best movies ever". Studios are so focused on having a summer release but end up coming and going. Like who thought it was a good idea to come out with those Pixar and DreamWorks animated movies in a two week span?
At the end of the day though, studios have to come out with quality products. With Top Gun, the OG was before my time so it wasn't anything I ever watched, thought about, or cared for. But I watched Maverick because of word of mouth. The Flash was they tried to get the word of mouth marketing going first with big name individuals and then holding a lot of advance screenings, but I think those advance screenings might have backfired on them.
If every movie is an event then no movie is an event.

They foretold this a decade ago

taker597

Superstar
Daps
if anything this should be the final nail in Kathleen's coffin. I remember hearing she was on her way out but Iger ain't playing right now. if she wasn't out before she is now.

Can someone explain to me her deal with inserting white mayonnaise sandwich British female actresses into everything and call it "empowering women" when every minority women gets killed or just have roles that people hate.

Everything.

Sequel Trilogy
Rogue One
Solo
Now Indiana Jones

All I see being empowered is White Women. :hhh:

I hope she quits.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
wait.. when the fukk did guardians of the galaxy volume 3 come out?!?!?!? I havnt seen ONE commercial for this film or heard one person discuss this in real life.. I thought it was coming out next year :dwillhuh: I havnt seen a single instagram promo or anything :dwillhuh:
There were ads for it everywhere. :mjtf: