• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigrodthe1

The Kang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
7mile to SE & Uptown!
Then what was THIS battle for that's like saying he won but he could've lost last round lets go back and give it to the other person because we want to see him there technically. I mean look at this from every scenario. Cory could have voted for himself and this wouldn't have been a battle. But he didn't, and now it is. I'm the one person who commented and critiqued EVERY Battle minus The Franknitty Michael white battle I'm only here in support of you all. You do realize what this looks like from my side right? @bigrodthe1

All Cory had to do one round was vote for himself and this wouldn't have happened, but the fact is now that it did. And now that i'm here It's wrong. This probably proves the battles need to be on a scope that's larger than the Tunnel in volume As Great as you ALL ARE. I posted in the booth and the Coliseum for THE WHOLE WEBSITE To See. Because Honestly I felt This battle deserved it People that Saw the battle voted for Chubbs Michael White and Chubbs, and now because I've exposed the battle to More people for everyone on a grander scale you want to question the whole process. Honestly if that's how this is going to be I'm cool with letting the chips fall where they may but at the end of the day,I've been champion before so if you guys want to judge off a previous round then that's a different story all together. that technically is like saying Dude won this round coming back from the ashes like a phoenix , so let's go back to where he could have lost and then vote him out because I feel like He could have lost there.

We Must Ask Many Questions

1. Are there people that were in the tournament that once voted when they were IN IT and now haven't because they are out of it.
2. If the Answer is yes, then where will we get an adequate number of votes?
3. Is it a genuine win if only the remaining people vote on the battle and the pool shrinks every round?
4. If it isn't wouldn't it be great to promote the battle in different areas to get a TRUE COLI Champion?
5. Are votes from people outside of the tunnel counted?
6. If people from the Booth and the Coliseum came to vote for Cousin Q- What would you all say?

"This battle is getting tons of exposure! We're glad that people ACROSS THE ENTIRE WEBSITE checked in"
"If You check any battle with me in it, the thread always gets TONS of views. I don't just sit on my hands.

I have thread's on the coliseum, My signature that promoted this battle. Until the poll closed I reached out to coli peeps to vote, that voted for this battle Chubbs, Cuz Q and Michael White, who got more votes. The same with Cuz q he got 3 additional votes. Marketing is a skill. Otherwise great things like this battle become dormant with little to no exposure. On page 2-or 3 you will see comments from people that NEVER Voted before. Or never knew that we here at the coli has as much talent as we do. EXPOSURE is needed for things like this or it will never be legitimate.

If Cuz Q would have got a huge influx of votes would it have been a problem? If the answer is "No" then do you see what that would leave me to think? Cuz Q beat me the first time, with many votes. The fact that EVERYONE got more votes should be a step in the right direction if you expose the battle to more people you get more perspective and a genuine winner. Wouldn't you agree?
If this battle is limited just to the tunnel then the view is narrow and limited add to the fact that the voting pool is smaller that isn't legitimate. I battled Cory Three Times! Not once, Not Twice, but Three times! Now because I ended up getting the nod after getting people to checkout the battle, the coli wants it to be voided?

Again I love you all and will always support the Coli. Think about this carefully before you make your decision.
I'm battling WHOEVER You all name champion with or without a title I'm Battling Whoever Wins If that's ok with the winner.I will also be battling "In God we trust" since he called our battle into question do to this. Rod in the future reach out to me directly and we can Iron this out, you called into question the entire tournament system in many ways. From my side, how am I to just sit Idly by and let a battle with so few votes Decide a MONTH long tournament. A lot of my beats are one minute Battle beats so that isn't the norm around here, I went against that tide, did what I did and won narrow battles so I feel that this also has something to do with it. I've seen comments with people loving the one minute style, and those that felt that because it was one minute there is no possible way it could beat 4-5 minutes of composed excellence. I was counted out by many in the Cory battles Evident by comments like these

but I managed to stave off defeat and I'm sure that shocked a lot of people. 1 minute of epic battle instrumentals vs 5-6 minutes of composed excellence which will the people take to. Of Course a lot of people preferred the long drawn out style because a lot of people are used to hearing beats like that hear. Knowing that I Still did what I did and managed to win matches, what this would do is invalidate all of that. If we exposed these battles via threads like the booth with literally 100's of people on that one sub forum at a time, we would have a voting pool unparalleled if we could pin it to the coliseum+ The Booth We would have a Match with 30 Votes on the Low end. Just because it's there and we talk about the battle which naturally ups the threads. That's what this battle deserved. that's what all of these battles deserved. From my vantage point The questioning sounds like this interview.

It seems like i'm complaining because i'm on my keyboard typing away, I truly just wanted to make these much needed points. I think we all can agree that more of a pool is needed, It just so happen to workout for me because I was so far behind but Rod called this into question and who would I be not to defend myself. Again I love you all, and say all of this with the utmost respect. If you agree with one of my premises then lets carry on. I don't mind battling each and every one of you, we don't even need a poll or comments, Good producers know what it is when they hear it. Cuz q beat me once, and I knew it when I heard it. In Round 3 I knew it the instant the beat came on. Cuz q had a great compositional build up this round and the composition was great. I don't critique battles i'm in because it would come off a certain way.
Like I was saying Rod these questions are like this interview.

Again I'm saying this with love admiration, and ultimate respect For the Coli, The Booth and the Tunnel.

I'll take on all comers, come one, come all after this tournament is over anyone who wants to battle can battle.

You're on my list of next fights.

Respectfully,
PF

PF you my guy and I respect to arguments but there are several contradictory statements in your post. My main problem if we BOTH know those votes are not organic out they wouldn't have come in like they did. Yes marketing is a key but this tourney is based on grass Roots and hopefully some honor. You obviously politicked for votes so that you come out in top. I can respect your hustle but it's not fair and you know it. I personally wouldn't want THAT victory:patrice:

bigrodthe1

The Kang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
7mile to SE & Uptown!
Id say Either make it so only participants can vote ( for accuracy) or make it site wide (sticky link in each individual forum for all rounds), this is a music site overall (:myman: everyone likes music) . I'm for the latter as it would at least bring in more votes, get the rounds over quicker and bring more exposure to the production, which was my main gripe as some battles only got like 9 votes total or less:francis:
I tried to promote it outside the tunnel including all the booth mods in THIS very post. They choose to ignore it. Hell we luckily made it to a final. We had years where it fizzled out before completion. Right now we got a nice Lil buzz going and there's a lot of work being posted in the Tunnel. Reason why I'm pissed about what going on in this battle. This is an ARTIST sub forum :martin:

producingfire

Music Producer
Daps
Reppin
Miami
PF you my guy and I respect to arguments but there are several contradictory statements in your post. My main problem if we BOTH know those votes are not organic out they wouldn't have come in like they did. Yes marketing is a key but this tourney is based on grass Roots and hopefully some honor. You obviously politicked for votes so that you come out in top. I can respect your hustle but it's not fair and you know it. I personally wouldn't want THAT victory:patrice:
If that's the case and only the votes in the Tunnel are counted, then by all means give it to Q. When we are used to hearing beats one way we are naturally going to gravitate to the structure we are acustomed to. One minute beats isn't the norm here and I still went and did that anyway because I believed in it. I marketed and promoted everyone in the battle. Symbolik one, I reminded him to check in and vote, he voted for Cuzin Q, Mbewane I reached out and he voted for Michael White. It's just a matter of getting it out there, If we don't get a decent showing then It's our fault. But again Rod, I love and respect all of you. You all are my brothers so if pleases you and the rest of those in the tournament. Give this one to Q if that's how you feel on it. I don't take any of this personal. I rather this not cause a rift or bad blood. I love you all. Let cuz q battle Chubbs in the finals it isn't worth all this, people are speaking out on this that don't want to. and I from a mutural perspective I completely understand, this is no argument bro it's all love, i'm just stating my case.

producingfire

Music Producer
Daps
Reppin
Miami
I tried to promote it outside the tunnel including all the booth mods in THIS very post. They choose to ignore it. Hell we luckily made it to a final. We had years where it fizzled out before completion. Right now we got a nice Lil buzz going and there's a lot of work being posted in the Tunnel. Reason why I'm pissed about what going on in this battle. This is an ARTIST sub forum :martin:
I'll make you a deal I'll promote and market this final battle between whoever you make it between It will be lauded around the site.

If they ignore it it's because we aren't marketing properly. In order for people to checkout anything It has to be some level of warmth between the int the parties involved. That's why there are many posts in all forums everywhere that get no looks, and no attention. This isn't on you bro. This is on EVERYBODY IN THIS TOURNAMENT. We can push these battles above the tunnel if we do it properly. The reason why the people in the coli vote is because they have a vested interest in what happens because they are, and feel apart of it. The goal in marketing and promoting is to do that everywhere you take your message.

As the tournament goes on we naturally eliminate people, as a result Many don't feel a part of it anymore. Therefore we lose pivotal votes.
If one person's talent is listened to, by the various combatants as well as those that have competed or are competing it is possible that the system is compromised. the best way to fix this is an upped thread in the booth, and an upped thread in the coliseum, The goal is getting the people in the building, when you get them in the building they can take action. If I'm able to get that many people here, that's a victory in and of itself.
If we leave it to just the tunnel alone, we are limited by only those that chose to vote, If I'm gonna go out, I want the whole coli to see it. that's what it means to be a competitor. You posted a thread in the booth and they chose to ignore it, but if they came over and voted match could have ended the same, the match could have ended differently. In that regard I did exactly what you did, and the method ended up being effective.

I know bro, I don't make your job easy, haha all I ask is that you give this thought from every angle, because with the call out it seemed like I was doomed the moment you posted and if that's the case, I shouldn't have promoted the battle at all I should have just left it as it was,
but is that truely a victory when we don't get votes to begin with?
When people miss the vote and say who they would have voted for after the fact?

I could understand if I promoted the battle and Everybody voted for me, but the fact is I felt Michael White should have had more votes than he did. Cuzin Q got votes from those that peeped my marketing, Forum signature and the like. I always have to add much love and respect, because on computer keyboards the tone of words can be taken wrong.

But this is with the greatest respect, you've done a really great job with the tournament, I understand the tireless work it is.

bigrodthe1

The Kang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
7mile to SE & Uptown!
I'll make you a deal I'll promote and market this final battle between whoever you make it between It will be lauded around the site.

If they ignore it it's because we aren't marketing properly. In order for people to checkout anything It has to be some level of warmth between the int the parties involved. That's why there are many posts in all forums everywhere that get no looks, and no attention. This isn't on you bro. This is on EVERYBODY IN THIS TOURNAMENT. We can push these battles above the tunnel if we do it properly. The reason why the people in the coli vote is because they have a vested interest in what happens because they are, and feel apart of it. The goal in marketing and promoting is to do that everywhere you take your message.

As the tournament goes on we naturally eliminate people, as a result Many don't feel a part of it anymore. Therefore we lose pivotal votes.
If one person's talent is listened to, by the various combatants as well as those that have competed or are competing it is possible that the system is compromised. the best way to fix this is an upped thread in the booth, and an upped thread in the coliseum, The goal is getting the people in the building, when you get them in the building they can take action. If I'm able to get that many people here, that's a victory in and of itself.
If we leave it to just the tunnel alone, we are limited by only those that chose to vote, If I'm gonna go out, I want the whole coli to see it. that's what it means to be a competitor. You posted a thread in the booth and they chose to ignore it, but if they came over and voted match could have ended the same, the match could have ended differently. In that regard I did exactly what you did, and the method ended up being effective.

I know bro, I don't make your job easy, haha all I ask is that you give this thought from every angle, because with the call out it seemed like I was doomed the moment you posted and if that's the case, I shouldn't have promoted the battle at all I should have just left it as it was,
but is that truely a victory when we don't get votes to begin with?
When people miss the vote and say who they would have voted for after the fact?

I could understand if I promoted the battle and Everybody voted for me, but the fact is I felt Michael White should have had more votes than he did. Cuzin Q got votes from those that peeped my marketing, Forum signature and the like. I always have to add much love and respect, because on computer keyboards the tone of words can be taken wrong.

But this is with the greatest respect, you've done a really great job with the tournament, I understand the tireless work it is.
Last one is going to be you @CuzinQ and @Chubbs
I really can't just shut you out...you "won"
We'll figure out how we doing the votes.
Last Round Starts Thursday

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
Then what was THIS battle for that's like saying he won but he could've lost last round lets go back and give it to the other person because we want to see him there technically. I mean look at this from every scenario. Cory could have voted for himself and this wouldn't have been a battle. But he didn't, and now it is. I'm the one person who commented and critiqued EVERY Battle minus The Franknitty Michael white battle I'm only here in support of you all. You do realize what this looks like from my side right? @bigrodthe1

All Cory had to do one round was vote for himself and this wouldn't have happened, but the fact is now that it did. And now that i'm here It's wrong. This probably proves the battles need to be on a scope that's larger than the Tunnel in volume As Great as you ALL ARE. I posted in the booth and the Coliseum for THE WHOLE WEBSITE To See. Because Honestly I felt This battle deserved it People that Saw the battle voted for Chubbs Michael White and Chubbs, and now because I've exposed the battle to More people for everyone on a grander scale you want to question the whole process. Honestly if that's how this is going to be I'm cool with letting the chips fall where they may but at the end of the day,I've been champion before so if you guys want to judge off a previous round then that's a different story all together. that technically is like saying Dude won this round coming back from the ashes like a phoenix , so let's go back to where he could have lost and then vote him out because I feel like He could have lost there.

We Must Ask Many Questions

1. Are there people that were in the tournament that once voted when they were IN IT and now haven't because they are out of it.
2. If the Answer is yes, then where will we get an adequate number of votes?
3. Is it a genuine win if only the remaining people vote on the battle and the pool shrinks every round?
4. If it isn't wouldn't it be great to promote the battle in different areas to get a TRUE COLI Champion?
5. Are votes from people outside of the tunnel counted?
6. If people from the Booth and the Coliseum came to vote for Cousin Q- What would you all say?

"This battle is getting tons of exposure! We're glad that people ACROSS THE ENTIRE WEBSITE checked in"
"If You check any battle with me in it, the thread always gets TONS of views. I don't just sit on my hands.

I have thread's on the coliseum, My signature that promoted this battle. Until the poll closed I reached out to coli peeps to vote, that voted for this battle Chubbs, Cuz Q and Michael White, who got more votes. The same with Cuz q he got 3 additional votes. Marketing is a skill. Otherwise great things like this battle become dormant with little to no exposure. On page 2-or 3 you will see comments from people that NEVER Voted before. Or never knew that we here at the coli has as much talent as we do. EXPOSURE is needed for things like this or it will never be legitimate.

If Cuz Q would have got a huge influx of votes would it have been a problem? If the answer is "No" then do you see what that would leave me to think? Cuz Q beat me the first time, with many votes. The fact that EVERYONE got more votes should be a step in the right direction if you expose the battle to more people you get more perspective and a genuine winner. Wouldn't you agree?
If this battle is limited just to the tunnel then the view is narrow and limited add to the fact that the voting pool is smaller that isn't legitimate. I battled Cory Three Times! Not once, Not Twice, but Three times! Now because I ended up getting the nod after getting people to checkout the battle, the coli wants it to be voided?

Again I love you all and will always support the Coli. Think about this carefully before you make your decision.
I'm battling WHOEVER You all name champion with or without a title I'm Battling Whoever Wins If that's ok with the winner.I will also be battling "In God we trust" since he called our battle into question do to this. Rod in the future reach out to me directly and we can Iron this out, you called into question the entire tournament system in many ways. From my side, how am I to just sit Idly by and let a battle with so few votes Decide a MONTH long tournament. A lot of my beats are one minute Battle beats so that isn't the norm around here, I went against that tide, did what I did and won narrow battles so I feel that this also has something to do with it. I've seen comments with people loving the one minute style, and those that felt that because it was one minute there is no possible way it could beat 4-5 minutes of composed excellence. I was counted out by many in the Cory battles Evident by comments like these

but I managed to stave off defeat and I'm sure that shocked a lot of people. 1 minute of epic battle instrumentals vs 5-6 minutes of composed excellence which will the people take to. Of Course a lot of people preferred the long drawn out style because a lot of people are used to hearing beats like that hear. Knowing that I Still did what I did and managed to win matches, what this would do is invalidate all of that. If we exposed these battles via threads like the booth with literally 100's of people on that one sub forum at a time, we would have a voting pool unparalleled if we could pin it to the coliseum+ The Booth We would have a Match with 30 Votes on the Low end. Just because it's there and we talk about the battle which naturally ups the threads. That's what this battle deserved. that's what all of these battles deserved. From my vantage point The questioning sounds like this interview.

It seems like i'm complaining because i'm on my keyboard typing away, I truly just wanted to make these much needed points. I think we all can agree that more of a pool is needed, It just so happen to workout for me because I was so far behind but Rod called this into question and who would I be not to defend myself. Again I love you all, and say all of this with the utmost respect. If you agree with one of my premises then lets carry on. I don't mind battling each and every one of you, we don't even need a poll or comments, Good producers know what it is when they hear it. Cuz q beat me once, and I knew it when I heard it. In Round 3 I knew it the instant the beat came on. Cuz q had a great compositional build up this round and the composition was great. I don't critique battles i'm in because it would come off a certain way.
Like I was saying Rod these questions are like this interview.

Again I'm saying this with love admiration, and ultimate respect For the Coli, The Booth and the Tunnel.

I'll take on all comers, come one, come all after this tournament is over anyone who wants to battle can battle.

You're on my list of next fights.

Respectfully,
PF

My thing is if you reached out for people to vote, why didn't you let BigRod know? and why wait until the very end?

The only person that benefited from this was you.

Let's keep the integrity and have things as fair and equal as possible.

producingfire

Music Producer
Daps
Reppin
Miami
My thing is if you reached out for people to vote, why didn't you let BigRod know? and why wait until the very end?

The only person that benefited from this was you.

Let's keep the integrity and have things as fair and equal as possible.
Now that's another issue all together. Like I said I'm down with Whatever is decided but 9-10 votes won't suffice. Either way. I reached out, because if it sat like that we would have a small pool of people.
Why didn't I let Rod Know?
Because I didn't know I had to let Rod know that I would promote the battle.
Why wait until the very in? I don't know, I was told this was the last day to vote and got the vote out.
It did benefit me heavily I can't deny that.

Look I do not want this to be a issue Like I said you all are my brothers. I will gladly sit out and watch if that's what you all prefer. I have zero issue with that.

producingfire

Music Producer
Daps
Reppin
Miami
Lmaooo how the hell bruh go from 3 votes to 14 just like that? Hell naw..
I won't deny I promoted the battle, but I promoted it on the up and up to everyone. I will let it sit with you and Cuz Q it's all good. This doesn't have to be an issue at all. I'll bow out No problem.

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
I've been saying Cuzin is dope since last tourney. For someone that sounds like they don't do much technical mixing, at least by the way he explains it, his mixes are always nice. Drums cut, drum programming is good, bassline nice, transitions good, sample choices good.

Goes to show you how important sound selection is.If you pick a sound that sits well you don't have to do as much mixing to make it sound good. He has a great ear.

Salute the young bol :obama:

Chubbs

History Remembers Kings
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I've been saying Cuzin is dope since last tourney. For someone that sounds like they don't do much technical mixing, at least by the way he explains it, his mixes are always nice. Drums cut, drum programming is good, bassline nice, transitions good, sample choices good.

Goes to show you how important sound selection is.If you pick a sound that sits well you don't have to do as much mixing to make it sound good. He has a great ear.

Salute the young bol :obama:
People overthink mixing beats. It's mainly just leveling, and EQ as needed.

CuzinQ

Rookie
Daps
I was on futureproducers forum during its prime also. I learned a lot and met a lot of people who shaped my ear.
I use to make Lil Jon copy cat beats until I heard Three Six Mafia's Stay Fly in July 2005. Then I found their sample library on Dubcnn and it was over after that. I wanted to make beats like Juicy J so bad. Then I discovered 9th wonder and found out he from a little country ass town like mine 20 minutes from me. The man who got my drum programming on point is Canei Finch. He did some piano work for Just Blaze and use to Ustream himself making beats. He was really the most talented producer I ever came across. He remade Jay Z - You, Me, Him and Her perfectly like he had the master recording and then he added chords on top and it immediately turned into an R&B song. By the way of Canei I learned how much of a monster Bink is. So I feel took a little piece from Canei, Bink, Juicy J, and 9th Wonder.

Last edited: