• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigrodthe1

The Kang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
7mile to SE & Uptown!
If this goes another round the ONLY votes I'm counting is from people who reply. No polls. Seen several trends over the course of the last few rounds that has me questioning the process :martin:

bigrodthe1

The Kang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
7mile to SE & Uptown!
Ok Boppers I'm in a strange space right now. If you are to go by what's at face value then @producingfire received 11 unique votes in a 3 hour time frame to come from wayyyyy behind and get the most votes without a heavy influx of listens during that time frame :francis:
I probably wouldn't have a really big problem with it other than I has happened in his last 3 BATTLES. On top of very few of those voters even took the time to reply. I got to throw the
giphy.gif

On top of most of these folks have not voted ALL tournament. :martin:

Boppers do we want to allow this?? I need feedback cause no way are we ended on a controversy. I'll run it back again before I proceed in this way or quit right now.

@KushSkywalker @producingfire @MichaelWhite @901Cory10 @kingdizzy01 @Leezy337
@KillSpray @Tom Foolery @bigdaddy88 @John Brown @NormanConnors @1986
@Double Burger With Cheese @Maharishi @Supa @InGodWeTrust @GinaThatAintNoDamnPuppy! @ThaRealness @Kalut @franknitty711 @Real N Quotes @UncomfortablyNumb
@Tflasha @FruitOfTheVale @nahnah @Insensitive @Propaganda @DJ Mart-Kos @Wepa Man @head shots101 @ShaDynasty @malbaker86
@LauderdaleBoss @TEKBEATZ

Last edited:

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
Ok Boppers I'm in a strange space right now. If you are to go by what's at face value then @producingfire received 11 unique votes in a 3 hour time frame to come from wayyyyy behind and get the most votes without a heavy influx of listens during that time frame :francis:
I probably wouldn't have a really big problem with it other than I has happened in his last 3 BATTLES. On top of very few of those voters even took the time to reply. I got to throw the
giphy.gif

Boppers do we want to allow this?? I need feedback cause no way are we ended on a controversy. I'll run it back again before I proceed in this way or quit right now.

@Double Burger With Cheese @Maharishi @Supa @InGodWeTrust @GinaThatAintNoDamnPuppy! @ThaRealness @Kalut @franknitty711 @Real N Quotes @UncomfortablyNumb
@Tflasha @FruitOfTheVale @nahnah @Insensitive @Propaganda @DJ Mart-Kos @Wepa Man @head shots101 @ShaDynasty @malbaker86
Damnnnnnnn. That aint cool

producingfire

Music Producer
Daps
Reppin
Miami
giphy.gif

/QUOTE]
In my last 3?
I do know I jumped up during this battle. But the last 3? The last 3 battles, I've had 3 cory battles and 1 battle with 4 different combatants. This battle was the biggest shift. but the last 2 I don't think so. The last 3 battles were 2 ties and a 1 vote win.

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
I definitely like CuzinQ on this. Id vote for him

Dude got a real compositional grasp of his beats

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
That's strange....i see ur point bigrod.....but its not like his beat was wack or anything:yeshrug: it is possible people liked it better

I voted for Q anyway:manny:

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
giphy.gif

:hubie: My vote for Producingfire was legit and I did it days ago.

But yeah that's nuts, he could have had zero vote and still won this in the final 3 hours.

And technically, Producingfire lost to 901Cory in round 5. I'd say give this to CuzinQ.

bigrodthe1

The Kang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
7mile to SE & Uptown!
That's strange....i see ur point bigrod.....but its not like his beat was wack or anything:yeshrug: it is possible people liked it better

I voted for Q anyway:manny:
Of course they could have but realistically dude had 3 votes for 4 days then on the last 3 hours he gets 11 votes without even 11 plays :martin:

But yeah that's nuts, he could have had zero vote and still won this in the final 3 hours.

And technically, Producingfire lost to 901Cory in round 5. I'd say give this to CuzinQ.
Tom you are one of my fellow admins of these tourneys...I agree with all this. Hell even if we take the popular votes of those who actually replied the breakdown is has CuzinQ with the most votes by a large percentage as well as he has the most actual listens. I'm going to wait on more feedback but I'm definitely leaning towards Q advancing. This has 2000 election vibes :francis:

Tflasha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Texas
giphy.gif

:what:i completely got skipped over for the round i submitted a beat for and asked MULTIPLE TIMES when was i getting matched up:beli:, after realizing i got blatantly ignored for the tourney:martin:, i stop being interested:yeshrug:

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Id say Either make it so only participants can vote ( for accuracy) or make it site wide (sticky link in each individual forum for all rounds), this is a music site overall (:myman: everyone likes music) . I'm for the latter as it would at least bring in more votes, get the rounds over quicker and bring more exposure to the production, which was my main gripe as some battles only got like 9 votes total or less:francis:

producingfire

Music Producer
Daps
Reppin
Miami

Then what was THIS battle for that's like saying he won but he could've lost last round lets go back and give it to the other person because we want to see him there technically. I mean look at this from every scenario. Cory could have voted for himself and this wouldn't have been a battle. But he didn't, and now it is. I'm the one person who commented and critiqued EVERY Battle minus The Franknitty Michael white battle I'm only here in support of you all. You do realize what this looks like from my side right? @bigrodthe1

All Cory had to do one round was vote for himself and this wouldn't have happened, but the fact is now that it did. And now that i'm here It's wrong. This probably proves the battles need to be on a scope that's larger than the Tunnel in volume As Great as you ALL ARE. I posted in the booth and the Coliseum for THE WHOLE WEBSITE To See. Because Honestly I felt This battle deserved it People that Saw the battle voted for Chubbs Michael White and Chubbs, and now because I've exposed the battle to More people for everyone on a grander scale you want to question the whole process. Honestly if that's how this is going to be I'm cool with letting the chips fall where they may but at the end of the day,I've been champion before so if you guys want to judge off a previous round then that's a different story all together. that technically is like saying Dude won this round coming back from the ashes like a phoenix , so let's go back to where he could have lost and then vote him out because I feel like He could have lost there.

We Must Ask Many Questions

1. Are there people that were in the tournament that once voted when they were IN IT and now haven't because they are out of it.
2. If the Answer is yes, then where will we get an adequate number of votes?
3. Is it a genuine win if only the remaining people vote on the battle and the pool shrinks every round?
4. If it isn't wouldn't it be great to promote the battle in different areas to get a TRUE COLI Champion?
5. Are votes from people outside of the tunnel counted?
6. If people from the Booth and the Coliseum came to vote for Cousin Q- What would you all say?

"This battle is getting tons of exposure! We're glad that people ACROSS THE ENTIRE WEBSITE checked in"
"If You check any battle with me in it, the thread always gets TONS of views. I don't just sit on my hands.

I have thread's on the coliseum, My signature that promoted this battle. Until the poll closed I reached out to coli peeps to vote, that voted for this battle Chubbs, Cuz Q and Michael White, who got more votes. The same with Cuz q he got 3 additional votes. Marketing is a skill. Otherwise great things like this battle become dormant with little to no exposure. On page 2-or 3 you will see comments from people that NEVER Voted before. Or never knew that we here at the coli has as much talent as we do. EXPOSURE is needed for things like this or it will never be legitimate.

If Cuz Q would have got a huge influx of votes would it have been a problem? If the answer is "No" then do you see what that would leave me to think? Cuz Q beat me the first time, with many votes. The fact that EVERYONE got more votes should be a step in the right direction if you expose the battle to more people you get more perspective and a genuine winner. Wouldn't you agree?
If this battle is limited just to the tunnel then the view is narrow and limited add to the fact that the voting pool is smaller that isn't legitimate. I battled Cory Three Times! Not once, Not Twice, but Three times! Now because I ended up getting the nod after getting people to checkout the battle, the coli wants it to be voided?

Again I love you all and will always support the Coli. Think about this carefully before you make your decision.
I'm battling WHOEVER You all name champion with or without a title I'm Battling Whoever Wins If that's ok with the winner.I will also be battling "In God we trust" since he called our battle into question do to this. Rod in the future reach out to me directly and we can Iron this out, you called into question the entire tournament system in many ways. From my side, how am I to just sit Idly by and let a battle with so few votes Decide a MONTH long tournament. A lot of my beats are one minute Battle beats so that isn't the norm around here, I went against that tide, did what I did and won narrow battles so I feel that this also has something to do with it. I've seen comments with people loving the one minute style, and those that felt that because it was one minute there is no possible way it could beat 4-5 minutes of composed excellence. I was counted out by many in the Cory battles Evident by comments like these

Both beats are extremely dope and probably beyond MY skillset :mjcry:
@producingfire is a TRUE battle beat maker and he puts so much shyt into his beats that it's unreal :picard:
unfortunately I think the short battle format that he specializes in works AGAINST him in a tournament such as ours where he is judged by normally his peers. Reason why is right here in THIS battle. @901Cory10 has an amazing beats that grows and has layers and it's extremely clean at the same time. Everyone who listens whom is also a beatmaker has to have the :hhh: face by the end of it. Kinda like when @CuzinQ is in his bag. Unfortunately PF, who is a former champ himself, has ran into BOTH of them in rounds that are their specialty. With that said I got to vote for @901Cory10 in this battle as I don't think anyone would beat him with the track that he dropped. :salute: to both

This was a hard one to judge as prod Fire's beat is short and compact (how you can do so much in that span is :wow:)and Cory's builds over time (that's why I make to sure to listen to the entire beat, the manipulation towards the end is cold) I initially was going to judge both beats up to a 1:07 but that would've been unfair to Cory.:francis:.

Both beats are excellence personified, voted Cory by small margin. It would have been intriguing as well to see if the beats were matched together time wise :ohhh:

I should have just voted for myself to end the nonsense lol

but I managed to stave off defeat and I'm sure that shocked a lot of people. 1 minute of epic battle instrumentals vs 5-6 minutes of composed excellence which will the people take to. Of Course a lot of people preferred the long drawn out style because a lot of people are used to hearing beats like that hear. Knowing that I Still did what I did and managed to win matches, what this would do is invalidate all of that. If we exposed these battles via threads like the booth with literally 100's of people on that one sub forum at a time, we would have a voting pool unparalleled if we could pin it to the coliseum+ The Booth We would have a Match with 30 Votes on the Low end. Just because it's there and we talk about the battle which naturally ups the threads. That's what this battle deserved. that's what all of these battles deserved. From my vantage point The questioning sounds like this interview.

It seems like i'm complaining because i'm on my keyboard typing away, I truly just wanted to make these much needed points. I think we all can agree that more of a pool is needed, It just so happen to workout for me because I was so far behind but Rod called this into question and who would I be not to defend myself. Again I love you all, and say all of this with the utmost respect. If you agree with one of my premises then lets carry on. I don't mind battling each and every one of you, we don't even need a poll or comments, Good producers know what it is when they hear it. Cuz q beat me once, and I knew it when I heard it. In Round 3 I knew it the instant the beat came on. Cuz q had a great compositional build up this round and the composition was great. I don't critique battles i'm in because it would come off a certain way.
Like I was saying Rod these questions are like this interview.

Again I'm saying this with love admiration, and ultimate respect For the Coli, The Booth and the Tunnel.

I'll take on all comers, come one, come all after this tournament is over anyone who wants to battle can battle.
:jbhmm: this dude beat me too :birdman:

:lupe:

You're on my list of next fights.

Respectfully,
PF