"beat that p*ssyy like Emmett Till" - Lil Wayne

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps

kanye was comparing getting fukked up in a car accident b/c he was drunk driving to emmitt till

and thats not disrespectful? is it because wayne was talking about fukking?

i read this and just rolled my eyes...i wanna understand where the 'outrage' is coming from

:fry:

Kanye wasn't drunk driving. He was tired and fell asleep at the wheel.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
emmett till was not fighting for lil wayne's free speech :laff:

emmett till was a lil kid who tried to get fresh with a white woman to show off infront of his friends, and got his face turned into pudding for it

he was not a member of or the start of the civil rights movement, he was not a freedom fighter

rofl @ some cacs and armchair activists up in arms about this because the best rapper alive said it

if Joey Faga$$ or Kendikk Labar made a song talmbout "my champion hoodie beat up like emmett till" no one would give a fukk, but since the GOAT did it now it's a problem

:laff:

Daps
Reppin
Richmond, Va
It's not the first time he's made an Emmit Till reference. I'm pretty sure on the Swizzy remix on DD3 he says "Beat up the block, call me Emmet Till"

EDIT: Yea just listened, it's "Beating up ya block, yea I get my Emmet Till on"

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
that's not even remotely the same kind of reference

but as far as that picture goes, i saw this topic on a couple other forums but i'll say it here...it's kind of hilarious to me how people champion all that shoot em up shyt in the music...but a picture like that that's not all that far off from the consequences of that lifestyle is oh so gruesome and something people are wary to look at....i know it's not the same thing but close enough to make the point..it's like people want enough of the street shyt without getting too vivid, without seeing human faces to it, that's lame to me

maybe if someone came out with a graphic video really showing the consequences of that shyt we'd better sympathize with the reality of what's going on out there, it ain't just a bunch of catchy lines kids are really having this shyt happen to them. idk this probably seems random but just wanted to express

:what:

Till got beat to death for whistling at a white bytch. How is that even remotely close to nikkas glorifying violence in songs?

Now, with that said, I don't approve of Wayne's line. But I didn't look at it that seriously mainly becuz I don't Wayne serious.

LilJuicyTaco

Tha Sickest
Daps
:blessed: Just in time for Black history month! Black Power, Black Power, Black Power. "Emmett died for your right to rap." :lawd:

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
That line is terrible

That's basically it. No reason for an uproar honestly it's Wayne, who's never been one for deep thought provoking lyricism.

The beat that p*ssy like ______ line even tho its over done can still be flipped in much more creative/entertaining ways especially in the twitter/worldstar era

It's one thing if Wayne used it in hopes maybe it sheds light and some of his younger fans would go :huh: what's an Emmit Till? Let me google that.

-P-