Be Honest, Dragonball GT > Dragonball Super?

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Baby Saga = Tournament of Power >>>> Goku Black >>>> Rest of Super >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rest of GT

Everything outside of the Baby Saga is mediocre to downright horrible in GT. Plus it has the worst Dragon Ball villain of all time in Super Smash 17.:francis:

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
That's the one thing I give GT props for. Designwise, SSJ4>>>Any of the transformations in Super (which are just lazy recolors)

Problem with GT is that they threw literally everybody besides Goku in the bushes.
I only remember Goku, Pan and Vegeta taking up the series

Uub was supposed to have a more interesting arc as well at the beginning but not sure what happened to it

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
I hated the Goku Black Saga. The way the power scaling went off the rails with the Trunks and Goku Black keeping up with Vegeta and Kakarot in such a short time made no sense. The way you can tell they went off the rails was that Zeno just came in and wiped the entire universe as the ending lol
they literally took SSJ 2 and renamed it as SSJ Rage when Trunks fought Zamasu

that whole arc was lazy writing to the core lol

Derek Lee

#thunderup
Supporter
Daps
ptBqc5.gif

maxresdefault.jpg

:comeon:

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I mean, there's never really been any consequence in any Dragonball series since people always get revived, that problem isn't specific to Super, but I agree there were storytelling issues.

The problem with GT wasn't just the bad action, it's also that everybody not named Goku was irrelevant. And mostly trash villains.

After Namek, sure.

Prior to that, nah.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
After Namek, sure.

Prior to that, nah.

Even prior to that. Goku literally died on purpose against Raditz because he knew he would be wished back.

Hell, even in Dragonball Krillin, Roshi, and Chaotzu all died and came back. I got as much nostalgia for early Z as anybody but still. The inherent premise of the series (magical orbs that grant any wish) pretty much guarantees anything can be undone.

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Production value is the only thing that saves Super. There's so much horseshyt storytelling and lack of consequence it's laughable. That said, it was an excuse to roll out Dragonball FighterZ and brought back GOAT Broly (who was also unfortunately neutered) and his OG voice actor, so I can't hate too hard.

GT is almost the opposite. The story... or atleast the ideas behind the story... and tone was one of its "strengths," but action was gutter trash lol. No excuse why "dragon balls going rogue/corrupted/unstable" shouldn't be a top 3 DB arc. Literally an excuse to do whatever you want. Sheeit they coulda thrown in a Crime Syndicate type scenario and let the fukkery unfold. :whew:
Yeah it’s jarring watching old Z and going to Super. They have the Funimation dub of Future Trunks saga on YouTube and shyt is legit sad and dystopian. Even at the end nothing is really fixed and Trunks still had to defeat the androids and cell by himself and he’s strong only because he went through absolute hell and literally died and came back. No random powerups, no dues ex machina.

Super comes in a shyts on him completely and writes itself into a corner and literally just had god come in and delete his reality :mjlol:

Last edited: