Be Honest, Dragonball GT > Dragonball Super?

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Absolutely not :mjlol:

GT was more ambitious but dull as fuyck and the fights were HORRIBLE, just ki blast fests. Even when SUper had rough animation early on their fights were always done well, and then when they got the animation together it was pretty awesome to watch

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
Everything after a while is too focused on goku, thats why the proper ending of dragonball was the end of Cell Saga. Everything else is goku dreaming
:ehh:More side characters still had time to shine in Super than in GT. Even my boy Roshi gotten out of retirement.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
That's just Dragon Ball dawg, the scale's been going up "for no reason" since the very beginning. The whole philosophy of the series is "There's always someone better."
:russ:I’m saying this is the shounen genre we’re talking about lol.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I mean you can say Super Saiyan was just a "lazy recolor" too :yeshrug:
A lazy recolor of what though? How many other anime were doing that at the time?

Super saiyan was an entirely new concept and big deal when it first happened. SSJ2 and SSJ3 was getting corny (especially 3 which is why the buu saga is corny in general) which is why gohan surpassing goku with 2 was where it should have stopped. but then super just took it and doubled down on more colors, they didn’t do anything interesting with the concept or lore

If you want to see how to properly scale power watch One Piece.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
The big thing I gotta ding Super for is that it plays it too safe; one thing that helped first run Dragon Ball is Toriyama never thought anything was too sacred to just up and change...even making Goku an adult was a huge risk that actually got some pushback internally. Super for the most part just kept the status quo because it's a legacy property and takes place in between canon material.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
A lazy recolor of what though? How many other anime were doing that at the time?

Super saiyan was an entirely new concept and big deal when it first happened. SSJ2 and SSJ3 was getting corny (especially 3 which is why the buu saga is corny in general) but then super just took it and doubled down on more colors, they didn’t do anything interesting with the concept.

If you want to see how to properly scale power watch One Piece.
He just changed his hair color.

And the thing about the Buu saga is it's basically a parody of Z. Toriyama was burned out and knew he was ending it so he made the Buu saga as silly as he could while still maintaining the stakes and the fighting

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The big thing I gotta ding Super for is that it plays it too safe; one thing that helped first run Dragon Ball is Toriyama never thought anything was too sacred to just up and change...even making Goku an adult was a huge risk that actually got some pushback internally. Super for the most part just kept the status quo because it's a legacy property and takes place in between canon material.

Another reason why I like GT over Super, they aged people up again, changed their lifestyle and motivations.

Super just feels like a constant loop of fanfiction, nothing ever really progresses. Its like batman fighting the joker now

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Never watched GT but I couldn’t get into Super at all. I made it to like Goku Black or right after that. Just never felt like anything was really on the line compared to Z.