Be honest, do you think Microsoft will make another console?

Do you think Microsoft will make another console?

• Yes, of course

• Yes, but it won’t be a traditional console

• Naw, they’re cooked

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This also explains why microsoft is releasing more expensive versions of the x and s this holiday (with no technical improvements)

They sold under 800k units the last two quarters, which means they may just barely clear 3 million units for the entire year

Barney Rubble

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
camron-nope.gif

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
A firestick and tubi
I just cannot imagine someone without a gaming console buying. Firestick, controller, and a 20 month subscription to play games. Thats one of those ideas phil probably sold Nadella on while standing on the conference room table like Bobby shmurda

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I think the Xbox brand as a console might be done. By me saying that I expect them to double down on PC and if you get a surface laptop or any windows pc they will give some incentive or a game pass trial pass to lure in users.

You think the Surface will be around in 4 years?

Microsoft's Surface division further continued its downward trend, with revenue declining 11% - marking the seventh consecutive quarter of decline for the company's device segment

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I think the Xbox brand as a console might be done. By me saying that I expect them to double down on PC and if you get a surface laptop or any windows pc they will give some incentive or a game pass trial pass to lure in users.
This, but if they think that Sony had a stranglehold on the market, Steam is a whole nother beast when it comes to PC.

:wow:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This, but if they think that Sony had a stranglehold on the market, Steam is a whole nother beast when it comes to PC.

:wow:

To me, it almost seems like there’s no real in-roads for them.

Cloud - still premature in tech and inaccessible to large groups of people

Mobile - gotta go through Apple pretty much who are fighting every step of the way to make it unfeasible for them

Handheld/hyrbid - compete with Nintendo who have dominated for 40 years, on top of valve and the other mobile pc handhelds

PC - steam, its not happening

Console - they can’t compete with sony

Feel like they are naturally getting pushed out the business as a platform holder

Hoodoo Child

The Urban Legend
Daps
Reppin
The Crossroads
Yeah, I think the consoles might be finished, but they're definitely about to triple down on the software.
TBH I don’t even know how Microsoft makes it 4 more years with the series x/s consoles flatlining. I’ve never seen consoles sell so little and be kept in production for that long.

But then you look at the Surface division..
I just don't see a $3 Trillion company going outta business because of poor hardware sells, unless I read that wrong. Too big to fail, just like McDonalds.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I think they'll attempt one more console before becoming a publisher. I assume it will be a hybrid or possibly provide the OS, but allow OEMs to make the console. I assume the latter is risky because unsure what the incentive for Asus, Lenovo and others to subsidized a console unless Microsoft agrees to give them a 5%-10% cut out of microtransctions, and I highly doubt Microsoft will do that, but that's the only way that would work. Also, customers might get confused unless there is xbox brand in the name, but even then its messy

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yeah, I think the consoles might be finished, but they're definitely about to triple down on the software.

I just don't see a $3 Trillion company going outta business because of poor hardware sells, unless I read that wrong. Too big to fail, just like McDonalds.
I think they'll attempt one more console before becoming a publisher. I assume it will be a hybrid or possibly provide the OS, but allow OEMs to make the console. I assume the latter is risky because unsure what the incentive for Asus, Lenovo and others to subsidized a console unless Microsoft agrees to give them a 5%-10% cut out of microtransctions, and I highly doubt Microsoft will do that, but that's the only way that would work. Also, customers might get confused unless there is xbox brand in the name, but even then its messy
☝🏾 i think they are gonna allow 3rd party companies to make xbox

Xbox/windows branded gaming devices

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
xbox stops being a console to compete directly with sony and becomes just a cloud-based app that can be run on anything. gaming PC, tablet, phone, smart tv, smart home/chatgpt box, etc. you no longer have to spend money on computing power, just a great internet connection, so that could be the advantage.

computing will be done on the cloud and they will still sell xbox controllers, accessories, gamepass, etc.