@bdizzle's , 90 day no cac challenge :lupe:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Yeah but all the blacks that are moving out of the north and west because of gentrification are going to ATL and other southern cities.

I would think those black numbers should go up in ATL.

A lot of the times they move to a suburb/neighboring community of Atlanta but not really in the city. Cacs got midtown on lock and they're moving into downtown Atlanta now. About 2-3 miles away from where I live they are building up new condos and shopping areas (I think it's called Cadtleberry Hills but I can't remember tbh)

hoodheronova

All Star
Daps
A lot of the times they move to a suburb/neighboring community of Atlanta but not really in the city. Cacs got midtown on lock and they're moving into downtown Atlanta now. About 2-3 miles away from where I live they are building up new condos and shopping areas (I think it's called Cadtleberry Hills but I can't remember tbh)
ya crib is completely paid off? Just trying to figure out how to up my capital to invest in more properties

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Hell yeah it is. The part of town I stay in is 99% black. I live less than 2 miles from the dome and cacs are starting to move in little by little. I see cacs riding their bikes with their helmets on riding their little 10 speed into the parking garage where my building is :dahell:

Last week I was in my car listening to the radio and chilling and seen this 70+ year old white couple giving me the stank eye on some "What are you doing here :scust:"

I been trying to tell nikkas to start getting real estate downtown ATL but they not listening. Soon as the new stadium is building, I'd imagine they gonna start flocking back into the city at an even higher rate. I'm planning to get a couple more properties for the low low. Whenever the shyt gets completely gentrified, I'll cash out and take my tax free gains with me :ohlawd:
:ohhh:

Well goddamn. How's the market now?

When will that stadium be complete?

Westcoastnative

All Star
Daps
Yeah but all the blacks that are moving out of the north and west because of gentrification are going to ATL and other southern cities.

I would think those black numbers should go up in ATL.

Nobody ain't saying it but there's been a 'black flight' happening in the U.S. for a while.

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I stay exclusively around black people. It really ain't that hard breh. My condo is in a black neighborhood, my house is in a black neighborhood, pretty much all the businesses I go to are all black owned and whenever I go out to party, I only go to black clubs/lounges/bars. Even the cigar lounge I go to is black owned. All the services I use are from black businesses, my grocery store is black, all the my employees at my company are all black, my accountant is black.........shyt even my vet is black. Same goes for my bank and the financial institutions for my investment accounts.

The only time I see cacs is at work and in traffic (and the at work part will soon end in a few months).

Long story short, I chose to live a highly separate life :manny:
:wow:

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
90 day no cac challenge:ohhh:
:dead::dead::dead::dead::dead:

Here's the thing tho what i said above should have been clarified.

95% of client meetings i'm in are cacs. My colleagues are a nice mix to be honest.

Matter of fact the two biggest billers are 2 nikkas (me and a lightskin brother)

But I cannot say how refreshing it is NOT to work for a cac. shyt is liberating. :blessed:

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
:patrice:So I'm with two cacs and two arabs as we speak.

I don't have a doctor but my girl and kids dr. Are black.

I shop black.

There is one spot that I get food from that's not black but I go to the black girls in line. :skip:

I don't work for cacs:yeshrug:

I don't have cac friends. ..

I'm doing aight:obama: I could do better though

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I have white friends.

I have white coworkers including some who work under me. Plus my boss is white.
:yeshrug:

The deli I get a lot of my meats from (pause) is run by an Italian dude. Tho I prob should cut him off since he told me Kurtis Blow is a better rapper and has a better catalog than Rakim. scust...
:scust:

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I have white friends.

I have white coworkers including some who work under me. Plus my boss is white.
:yeshrug:

The deli I get a lot of my meats from (pause) is run by an Italian dude. Tho I prob should cut him off since he told me Kurtis Blow is a better rapper and has a better catalog than Rakim. scust...
:scust:
Do you lIke working for a white guy?

Find some black stores. And use black doctors.

It's ok to have whites work for you... but it's not ok if you hired them

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Damn, literally impossible where I'm at:snoop:

Yeah, you couldn't do that shyt in any city. Living in Cincinnati.......no way to avoid them :wow:

Atlanta is 54% black :dahell: you talking about

And cacs not running black people out of Atlanta, but they do own midtown :ehh:

Besides most black people in Atlanta didnt stay in downtown anyway

I remember saying the same thing about Brooklyn growing up :mjcry:

http://clatl.com/freshloaf/archives/2015/02/03/can-anyone-stop-atlantas-rapid-gentrification

Can anyone stop Atlanta's rapid gentrification?
1422899314-1414710022-enhanced-buzz-wide-31880-1397155087-9.jpg

Gentrification in Atlanta is nothing new. Last year it was named one of seven cities "radically altered" by the trend. Before that dubious honor one filmmaker named his forthcoming gentrification documentary The Atlanta Way. Now a new report makes the case that Atlanta is among the cities hardest hit by the complex confluence of the rising cost of living, reverse white flight, and displacement over the past quarter century.

Governing this month published a study showing that Atlanta — coming in fifth just behind Portland, Washington D.C., Minneapolis, and Seattle — lays claim to one of the nation's highest gentrification rates.

The study, which gathered census data for 50 of the nation's largest cities, examines different census "tracts" — swaths of land that are typically larger than individual neighborhoods, but smaller than counties or Atlanta City Council districts — to determine if they were gentrifying or not. The report didn't look at tracts with fewer than 500 residents. It also only considered tracts where the median household income and home value were both in the bottom 40th percentile of a given metro region.

What did researchers find? The study shows that nearly 17 percent of Atlanta's eligible tracts — including large parts of Cabbagetown, Downtown, East Lake, Grant Park, Old Fourth Ward, Poncey-Highland, and Reynoldstown — experienced gentrification during the 1990s. Over the past 15 years, that figure has exploded with 46 percent of eligible tracts experiencing that trend such as Cascade Heights, East Atlanta, Edgewood, Kirkwood, Lakewood Heights, Old Fourth Ward, Peoplestown, Riverside, and West End.

Put into perspective: Governing recorded national average gentrification rates of 8.6 percent in the '90s and 20 percent since 2000. That means Atlanta is gentrifying at more than twice the rate of the average large American city.

Governing has provided CL with two maps — one from the 1990s and one for the past 15 years — that show Atlanta's gentrifying neighborhoods. We've included those after the jump:

1422897742-atlanta_gentrification_1990_2000.png

• COURTESY GOVERNING
  • Atlanta's gentrification, 1990-2000

1422897776-atlanta_gentrification_since2000.png

• COURTESY GOVERNING
  • Atlanta's gentrification, 2000-Present

In the big picture, the report notes that gentrification is relatively rare since 2000, occurring in only 8 percent of all neighborhoods that the magazine analyzed throughout the country. Governing cites numerous reasons for gentrification in the cities researchers studied: a growing desire to move back in urban centers, sudden economic growth after stagnant periods, and a rise in a neighborhood's white residents.

However, the report didn't delve into the specific reasons behind Atlanta's rapid gentrification.Governing Data Editor Michael Maciag tells CL that potential increases in education levels, rising housing prices, and infrastructure investment — let's say it all together, now: Atlanta Beltline! — are potential factors affecting the city. And Georgia State University Sociology Professor Deirdre Oakley, who's studied gentrification, says changes in education and income levels are often a sign that new people are moving into a neighborhood, not longtime residents improving their life circumstances.

"Here in Atlanta, traditionally a [predominantly] African-American city, these neighborhoods aren't just becoming more affluent, they're becoming more white," Oakley tells CL. "The question is: What has that done to the fabric of the community who lived there before these neighborhoods gentrified?"

Local government officials can attempt to address gentrification in a number of different ways. How those initiatives fare is partly based on political will, market forces, and larger economic trends like the Great Recession.

Mayor Kasim Reed spokeswoman Anne Torres tells CL the city has "significant power" to combat gentrification including the use of building permits, tax incentives, and the ongoing sale of its real estate to help guide the right kinds of developments. In addition, Invest Atlanta doled out $68 million worth of incentives last year that are expected to create 1,060 workforce housing units. That cash, Torres says, is being guided to the right kind of developers who will partner with the city to boost its workforce housing stock.

"We have a tremendous say in the outcome of the developments," Torres says. "[It's about] finding the right developers for the right neighborhoods."

According to Oakley, city governments ultimately have a "vested interest" in gentrification. The reason is simple: higher property values lead to higher taxes, and higher taxes mean more revenue. More revenue allows city governments to spend more cash on its citizens. More spending can be good overall — it helps make projects like the Beltline and Atlanta Streetcar possible — but it can also accelerate gentrification.

There's a downside to that. Though Atlanta might attempt to boost its workforce housing, that kind of policy doesn't necessarily help lower-income residents most affected by gentrification. To change that, Oakley says Atlanta should consider more policies to replenish its existing affordable housing stock, not deplete it for development's sake.

"City Hall can say we're [boosting workforce housing]," Oakley says. "But it's not going to solve the problem. When neighborhoods start to gentrify, it's a growth machine. Once private capital comes in, it's impossible to stop it without rent control like in New York City. There's no way that'll happen in Atlanta."

Last edited:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Do you lIke working for a white guy?

Find some black stores. And use black doctors.

It's ok to have whites work for you... but it's not ok if you hired them

I...don't think about it. I didn't apply to the job to work for my boss, I applied because it's a great job at a great company. I'd imagine most people do the same. Why would you shackle your job prospects because you feel some type of way about what color your boss is?

I support black businesses but don't go them exclusively. My barber is a black business owner, I often eat lunch at a nice soul food place, get most of my takeout from a Somalian place (I'm not Somalian), etc. If I lived close to a black deli and it was dope, best believe I'd give it a shot.