Batman V Superman is the 4th BIGGEST movie opening EVER ahead of EVERY COMIC movie!

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I think the cartoon plays a major role in it, we all grew up on justice league and jlu

Batman vs Superman has made me more hyped for the DC movie universe future. The Avengers shyt was good, but I've always considered them B-List heroes, and they're only now just including Spider-Man. The Justice League to me seems so much more iconic. :manny:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Alongside cinema changing films like Avatar :mjlol:

DC did what they had to. They baited millions of people with a shytty movie using Batman and Superman and y'all fell for it :umad:
258bf345_AlonzoMourningThinks.gif

Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is why I laugh whenever someone drops the phrase superhero movie fatigue. I can't imagine studio heads being like "I know these movies keep making billions of dollars, but I think everyone's had enough." :heh:

And now it's even worst because they can half ass it and still get paid.The masses are asses.Just drop a nice trailer, sit back, and watch em hyperventilate till money's shaking outta their pockets.

TrebleMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I think the cartoon plays a major role in it, we all grew up on justice league and jlu

With Teen Titans Go! you know them little kids are growing up with more DC too.

DC definitely was thinking long term. When that Teen Titans motion picture in drops in 7-10 years, around the time those kids are 16-18+, sales are gonna go nuclear.

I take no sides here though. I grew up with DC, Marvel, Image and Valiant. I'm just glad to see super hero movies thrive. I only wish we can get some mega crossovers on television and in the theater.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NYC
And now it's even worst because they can half ass it and still get paid.The masses are asses.Just drop a nice trailer, sit back, and watch em hyperventilate till money's shaking outta their pockets.

the novelty was in seeing batman and superman together, and maybe wonder woman... well we got that. i highly doubt anyone is gonna give a flying fukk because cyborg and aquaman join the team. this was their avengers movie and this the loudest boom they are going to have.

i say zero chance justice league makes more than bvs.

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
With Teen Titans Go! you know them little kids are growing up with more DC too.

DC definitely was thinking long term.

I take no sides here though. I grew up with DC, Marvel, Image and Valiant. I'm just glad to see super hero movies thrive. I only wish we can get some mega crossovers on television and in the theater.
Both sides are doing that. There's probably more Marvel Cartoons on tv than DC.

TrebleMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Both sides are doing that. There's probably more Marvel Cartoons on tv than DC.

None of them are as big as Teen Titans Go! I don't think though.

Look at Cartoon Network in the morning:

Teen Titans Go! is on at
7:00AM, 8:00AM, 8:30AM Meaning right before the kids go to school.
12:30PM - For the kids too young to go to school or getting homeschooled.
3:00PM, 4:30PM, 6:00PM, 6:30PM - When kids get back from school, the best time to strike.

Children probably have a sum of 8 hours of free time during the day: 1 hour to get ready in the morning, 6-7 hours at home after school.

3.5 hours of that time is Teen Titans Go! on Cartoon Network and the ratings are doing numbers.

Marvel doesn't have anything like that I'm aware of. Sure they have cartoons you can find on the internet/Netflix, DC does as well, but where it matters: on mainstream TV during prime time, Teen Titans Go! is running everything out of town.
According to Hope King a tech reporter for CNN Money,[10]Teen Titans Go! was one out of three of the most viewed TV shows and other media to contribute to a record setting 1.3 million simultaneous Xfinity On-Demand viewings during the January 2016 United States blizzard (a.k.a Winter Storm Jonas).

I have little nieces and nephews as well as hearing random kids singing the 'Waffles' song. This is a real big, major show.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
it's very possible.

if AoU grossed less than avengers, which was an instant classic, i don't see how justice league can gross more than justice league begins considering the mixed response.

One of these anti-BvS nikkas compared this to Transformers (I totally disagree but) so if we do that and compare it to that franchise, you see that no matter how bad the RT score gets and te audience reaction, it keeps making more and more.. :manny: