Batman V Superman is the 4th BIGGEST movie opening EVER ahead of EVERY COMIC movie!

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
Yes, look at Star Wars TFA. Look at the Twilight movies. Look at Terminator 2. Most franchises are going to make more with their sequels.. The Dark Knight made infinitely more than Batman Begins.

And no this isn't the "7th Batman" movie in the franchise.. everyone knows that this is a new Batman and a new universe. Nobody thinks this was a Nolan sequel. What's wrong with you two? :mjlol:

TFA is the start of a new trilogy after the Glad bag prequels. All the Terminator movies made less and less money after Judgement Day. Although all the Twilight movies grossed pretty much the same, the same thing happened there. TDK...we all know about TDK.

Alien, American Pie, BTTF, Beverly Hills Cop, Mission Impossible, Friday the 13th in the 80s, all made less as time goes by. A random sequel (2nd, 4th, etc.) making the most is more common, especially the 2nd, but I don't see anything that indicates franchises make more as they go.

As for the "7th Batman" comment, I don't know what you're talking about. I never implied it was a Nolan sequel.

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Theatrically it will be a stretch, 300 more milly? It doesn't have any more markets to open up to since it was released everywhere simultaneously. It dropped from one week to week two 68%, expect that again next week if not more and then other big movies come out 4/15. By week 4 this will be earning less than 10 milly domestically.

Im just looking at numbers impartially and realistically. If your just looking at weekend gross then maybe it makes 10 million during just the weekend #4. But you got to look at the daily domestic totals it pulls:
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) - Daily Box Office Results - Box Office Mojo
Even if it drops off a cliff this week and earns just over 2 million a day that means it will earn another 10- 15 million during this week alone before going into the 3rd weekend with no competition. These movies hang around for while and the numbers add up. Another 100 million domestic is a pretty safe bet. It will make another 50- 60 million domestic in the next 2 weeks alone. Weekend total drops make good headlines but the only thing that counts are total gross numbers.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
That damage control :mjlol:

Before the movie came out it was:

"bu-bu-bu Batman and Superman are global icons, no build up is required like with Marvel charactes"
"This is the first movie with Batman and Superman in a film together, it will be historic"
"The last two Batman movies did over a billion with no 3D, this has 3D"
"Man of Steel was a hit!"
"China's now bigger"
"Wonder Woman'"

:mjlol: I never said any of this so I know your simple ass ain't talking about me. I'm the only one stating actual facts in this thread and others. :ehh:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Im just looking at numbers impartially and realistically. If your just looking at weekend gross then maybe it makes 10 million during just the weekend #4. But you got to look at the daily domestic totals it pulls:
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) - Daily Box Office Results - Box Office Mojo
Even if it drops off a cliff this week and earns just over 2 million a day that means it will earn another 10- 15 million during this week alone before going into the 3rd weekend with no competition. These movies hang around for while and the numbers add up. Another 100 million domestic is a pretty safe bet. It will make another 50- 60 million domestic in the next 2 weeks alone. Weekend total drops make good headlines but the only thing that counts are total gross numbers.

They still don't get it breh. :ahh:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Same folks in here claiming it was gonna flop the first weekend now in here claiming its not hitting a billie. Movie is at 700 million already. Its a success. deal with it. It will easily make another 100 million domestically (which means it will easily surpass deadpools domestic total) over the next month and during the the course of its run. Add in the the foreign numbers it should have no issues hitting a billion.
who in the fukk said this movie wasnt going to make money!!! :mindblown: the problem here is the money being left on, around and inside the fukking table :mindblown: christ im bout to go crazyyyyyyyyyy this is a movie with fukkin batman and superman a billion should have been a forgone conclusion :mindblown: but now its at the point where einsteins pupils are making equations about how it can still get there

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
That damage control :mjlol:

Before the movie came out it was:

"bu-bu-bu Batman and Superman are global icons, no build up is required like with Marvel charactes"
"This is the first movie with Batman and Superman in a film together, it will be historic"
"The last two Batman movies did over a billion with no 3D, this has 3D"
"Man of Steel was a hit!"
"China's now bigger"
"Wonder Woman'"

as to why the movie would make a billion as it's minimum and base

Now it's "Batman vs Superman was never meant to be big, it's just the second movie in DCEU :whoa: "

:laff:
like i feel like im taking crazy pills like fukkin mugatu

i-feel-like-im-taking-crazy-pills.gif

why are these amnesia having nikkas playing this game :mindblown: did they gather and decide to play dumb for months after the movie released or somethin :mindblown:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
who in the fukk said this movie wasnt going to make money!!! :mindblown: the problem here is the money being left on, around and inside the fukking table :mindblown: christ im bout to go crazyyyyyyyyyy this is a movie with fukkin batman and superman a billion should have been a forgone conclusion :mindblown: but now its at the point where einsteins pupils are making equations about how it can still get there

If it makes fukkin' $900 something milly watch them round up. lol

Daps
Reppin
NYC
like i feel like im taking crazy pills like fukkin mugatu

i-feel-like-im-taking-crazy-pills.gif

why are these amnesia having nikkas playing this game :mindblown: did they gather and decide to play dumb for months after the movie released or somethin :mindblown:

i think the problem is that they don't truly understand what it's like to score a victory, their movies don't show them how.:ehh:

warner stans would rather live in the grey area like batman and superman and justify their L's as moral victories :manny:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
i think the problem is that they don't truly understand what it's like to score a victory, their movies don't show them how.:ehh:

warner stans would rather live in the grey area like batman and superman and justify their L's as moral victories :manny:
their world is as darkly filtered and driven by nonsensical plots just like snyders films :ohhh: it all makes sense :wow:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
their world is as darkly filtered and driven by nonsensical plots just like snyders films :ohhh: it all makes sense :wow:

i would wager that most people who enjoyed BVS:

- are nihilists, even if they aren't aware of it
- probably don't have children, don't like children, or don't plan on having children
- lowkey might detest the human race

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Aint no money left on the table. It's all in WB/ DC's pocket. And you ain't getting any of it so why do care so much. At this point it's pretty clear it was a success and will be very profitable for DC. Not sure what else is left to argue.