Batman V Superman is the 4th BIGGEST movie opening EVER ahead of EVERY COMIC movie!

Conz

Superstar
Daps
seriously though, if Snyder's failure gets some solo movies scrapped, I'm gonna be pissed. Aquaman could be a sick movie.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I see a bunch of articles saying "it needs 800m, it needs 900m" but no one explaining why :dwillhuh:
budget was 250 mil, advertising was like 200 mil... half the gross goes to the theaters that show the movie.

So if they are into the movie for 450 mil, that means the movie would have to gross about 900 mil for them to break even.

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
budget was 250 mil, advertising was like 200 mil... half the gross goes to the theaters that show the movie.

So if they are into the movie for 450 mil, that means the movie would have to gross about 900 mil for them to break even.
Advertising was 200m? Goddamn, I thought it was 100m. I think it'll break even but they fukked up :mjlol:

thekidvoodoo

8-bit
Daps
*COUGH*

Internationally, Batman v Superman added an estimated $85 million this weekend as its worldwide cume now climbs to $682.8 million. From a worldwide perspective, the film has already surpassed the entire global returns from films such as Man of Steel ($668m), Thor: The Dark World ($644.6m), Iron Man 2 ($623.9m) and Iron Man ($585.2m)

*COUGH*
Fundamental misunderstanding of what those numbers really mean and how front loaded blockbusters typically are. Add to the fact that the ratings for this movie are :trash: and word of mouth is mediocre, you better get that cough checked out.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
dropped 80% in its second week, and has opened everywhere. there won't be much more money to make. what's so hard to get here? WB isn't happy right now. Congrats on passing a crappy Superman movie with another Superman movie that added fukkin Batman and the first on screen portrayal of Wonder Woman though.

You think WB is pumped to throw $200 behind a Flash movie now? Aquaman? no chance. I wanna see those though

These bold face lying haters still talking about 80% drop when it's not true. Now I see how Fox News operates. Keep telling the same lie until you believe it are true. :francis:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Fundamental misunderstanding of what those numbers really mean and how front loaded blockbusters typically are. Add to the fact that the ratings for this movie are :trash: and word of mouth is mediocre, you better get that cough checked out.
Homeboy legit retarded:russ:
And I thought Bronx schools werent shyt

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
These bold face lying haters still talking about 80% drop when it's not true. Now I see how Fox News operates. Keep telling the same lie until you believe it are true. :francis:
for real, these f*cks manipulating stats, taking sh*T out of context, making sh*T up. All to further their anti dc agenda

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Dudes aren't being honest at all its pretty hilarious.

This film did NOT drop over 80% 2nd weekend.

They don't even try to be impartial :mjlol:

Then try to make believe their not hating and are just fans :mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
A lot of bs in this thread since I last seen it so I'll clear some shyt up :mjlol:

Even if it makes $900M on the dot and "breaks even" at the box office they will have sold merchandising and DVD/Blu Rays and a bunch of other shyt that is all profit. They expect to make at minimum $200M off this movie even if it breaks even at the box office...

Now, would $900M be disappointing? Yeah, it would. They want it to do a billion and it should get there.

People saying it should have made $1.5B are clueless. The last Avengers joint didn't make that. Only like 3-4 movies in history have made that. Only 24 movies in history have crossed a billion and two of them are Batman, two are Avengers, one is an Iron Man flick, the others are Star Wars, Avatar and Harry Potter type shyt.

Also, to the person who said it should have made $1.3 billion like Harry Potter Deathly Hallows part 2 or Iron Man 3, those were what.. the 8th films in each franchise?

This is the 2nd DC film.

Also, they were NEVER going to throw $200M behind a Flash movie. You don't need to spend $200M on a solo Flash joint. $125M-$150M would be more than enough and even that might be on the high end.

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
wait? so this movie has to make 900 mill to break even?
i find this hard to believe . But i'm not an expert like most of the ppl in this thread
Ppl are throwing up numbers and calling them facts now.
Ppl are rly going out of their way to hate on this movie

Last edited:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
the article I read said 81% dropoff, that was before the weekend ended. So it was what, 68? Sorry, that's actually very good, b/c some shytty Twilight movie did the same and so did a Harry Potter after the entire series made the gross national income of Italy. Bodes well. Agenda though.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
A lot of bs in this thread since I last seen it so I'll clear some shyt up :mjlol:

Even if it makes $900M on the dot and "breaks even" at the box office they will have sold merchandising and DVD/Blu Rays and a bunch of other shyt that is all profit. They expect to make at minimum $200M off this movie even if it breaks even at the box office...

Now, would $900M be disappointing? Yeah, it would. They want it to do a billion and it should get there.

People saying it should have made $1.5B are clueless. The last Avengers joint didn't make that. Only like 3-4 movies in history have made that. Only 24 movies in history have crossed a billion and two of them are Batman, two are Avengers, one is an Iron Man flick, the others are Star Wars, Avatar and Harry Potter type shyt.

Also, to the person who said it should have made $1.3 billion like Harry Potter Deathly Hallows part 2 or Iron Man 3, those were what.. the 8th films in each franchise?

This is the 2nd DC film.

Also, they were NEVER going to throw $200M behind a Flash movie. You don't need to spend $200M on a solo Flash joint. $125M-$150M would be more than enough and even that might be on the high end.
:cape:

The last avengers was trash though why can't a movie with batman and superman do more :jbhmm: it can't even beat a car movie starring vin diesel :jbhmm: I mean we was laughing at AOU for that why the goal posts being moved for the two most comic characters in history :jbhmm: I didn't realize batman and superman needed their hands held and expectations lowered :jbhmm:

The only true thing you said is the suits won't be happy with its current charting. This is batman and superman it's supposed to be setting the new standard not falling off a cliff :mjlol:

the article I read said 81% dropoff, that was before the weekend ended. So it was what, 68? Sorry, that's actually very good, b/c some shytty Twilight movie did the same and so did a Harry Potter after the entire series made the gross national income of Italy. Bodes well. Agenda though.
It was 81% from Friday's. Adjusted numbers was in low 70s. Overall weekend to weekend high 60s. It's charting poorly. Zootopia is currently charting better % wise.