Barry (The Best Show You’re Not Watching)

iseetrolledpeople

A silent witness to all this trolling going on.
Daps
He knew he fukked up, he knew what needed to be done. He was trying to find a lil reason not to.

They both acted their asses off in that car.
:to:WHY DID YOU SAY THAT

:sadcam: It's Ok. Imma keep quiet. My wife knows.

Me: :whoo:

Ep after ep the show gets better. I can see S2 being longer or at least longer eps.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
well maybe not "redeemable" but for one thing, the tone was lighter, and regardless of the character's actions, it's always easier to "root" for a piece of shyt, when it's comedic. killing a buddy b/c he might squel is some straight up gritty revenge flick shyt.
I dont think the levity is gone from the show. There are plenty of characters who are still pure comic relief at this point. Barry's character has been trying to get out of the life for a while now and maybe this is what it's gonna take. Plus Bill Hader has been a treat to watch carrying his own show

Mr. McDowell

The Brotha's Got His Own Money
Daps
Reppin
Jamaica Estates
Why do you have to root for the lead character to like the show? There are other characters in the show as well. I didn't feel sorry for Chris at all. He saw Taylor and Vaughn with guns and still got in the car. What the hell did he think they were doing? He's a moron and deserved to die.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
HBO needs to be a little more generous. How about a 12 episode season next year?
Eh, I prefer smaller seasons. By making things longer the higher chance it’s just going to make a show weaker with filler. Make the show as long as it need to be,but don’t make it longer just because. It’s how shows fall off.

Last edited:

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
well maybe not "redeemable" but for one thing, the tone was lighter, and regardless of the character's actions, it's always easier to "root" for a piece of shyt, when it's comedic. killing a buddy b/c he might squel is some straight up gritty revenge flick shyt.
Maybe you should stick to stanning marvel then because the comedy is the weakest part of the show. When it gets dark is by far the strongest part.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
The show at its core is a deconstruction of what it means to be an actor, and the dark places that they pull from to get the performances they need. It’s brilliant in concept and execution. Him being a murderer is an exaggeration of that.

It vaguely reminds me of the first half of the film “funny people” before it went off the rails as that film was a deconstruction of stand up comedians.

Makes me wonder where Hader is pulling from in his life :picard:

Last edited:

iseetrolledpeople

A silent witness to all this trolling going on.
Daps
I don't think i've seen a better episode of television in a while. The range of emotions on display, Just wow!

This is way better than Westworld which seems empty and soulless in comparison.
WW kinda stale now. I really dont dig the Dolores angle. Shes not right to play the badass on a veng chick.
Maeve would be better (not really impartial since I want Maeve to be my sugar mommy)