Bar Rescue Back :blessed:

SteelCitySoldier

TSC Fantasy Football Champion 2016
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles C.A.
Show is GOAT, I been watching this shyt since the middle of season 1 and can say Taffer be on his shyt and no fukks are given by him. The last episode wasn't shown on the east coast because the owner ended up shooting and killing one of the band members. They accidentally showed it on the west coast though and had to apologize for it.

http://www.spike.com/press/2013/11/25/statement-regarding-bar-rescue/

Last edited:

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why people are opposed to him coming in and fixin they bullshyt kills me? These bar owners half of em is alkees, and it shows.

I agree with some of the fundamental changes he makes, but I also understand why some of owners have a problem with him. For most of these people, owning their own spot is more than just about making money, and he just seem to wanna turn every spot into some trendy soulless bar.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Ive missed the past few episodes, definitely gotta catch up

SteelCitySoldier

Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles C.A.
That was one of the stupidest rescues, the corporate bar:stopitslime:, obviously Jon and his team didn't do their research on that area at all.

Yes he did, that area is one of the "richest" suburb counties in the state of Maryland: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montgomery_County,_Maryland

As of 2008, Montgomery County is the second richest county in terms of per capita income in the state of Maryland. In 2011, it was ranked by Forbes as the 10th richest in the United States, with a median household income of $92,213.

Just because the place is still open doesn't mean that the woman isn't still in debt. shyt if I ever found myself in Silver Spring (I live about an hour and a half away) I'd go just for shyts and giggles. If anything Bar Rescue did help because people would go just for the experience.

SteelCitySoldier

Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles C.A.
On a sidenote I actually checked on the shows that Taffer has done and I'd say at least 50% of the places went back to their original themes and I don't think there were five of them that actually advertise that they were on the show.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes he did, that area is one of the "richest" suburb counties in the state of Maryland: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montgomery_County,_Maryland

Just because the place is still open doesn't mean that the woman isn't still in debt. shyt if I ever found myself in Silver Spring (I live about an hour and a half away) I'd go just for shyts and giggles. If anything Bar Rescue did help because people would go just for the experience.

I live about 20 minutes from that area, and that's not a corporate bar area

SteelCitySoldier

Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles C.A.
I live about 20 minutes from that area, and that's not a corporate bar area

I stand corrected, my mom lived in Silver Spring back in the mid '90's (she lived around the Rockville area) and from what I could remember a corporate bar seemed like a better fit than a pirate themed bar. Taffer is also not from the area and looking at the numbers and demographic (which his show is based on) it seemed like a great fit...can't win them all, but like I said I bet she still isn't making money and neither are the people that are working there.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I stand corrected, my mom lived in Silver Spring back in the mid '90's (she lived around the Rockville area) and from what I could remember a corporate bar seemed like a better fit than a pirate themed bar. Taffer is also not from the area and looking at the numbers and demographic (which his show is based on) it seemed like a great fit...can't win them all, but like I said I bet she still isn't making money and neither are the people that are working there.

She probably isn't making much, but downtown Silver Spring has never been that type of place, yeah people who live there have money. But most of the businesses there are Ethnic restaurants, barbershops, and mom and pop stuff like that. There are the usual affluent suburban stores and what not, but that part off city is very much liberal(hippyish), and casual, with a dash high end sensibilities.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Lot of catching up to do, missed like 5 episodes

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
Show is GOAT, I been watching this shyt since the middle of season 1 and can say Taffer be on his shyt and no fukks are given by him. The last episode wasn't shown on the east coast because the owner ended up shooting and killing one of the band members. They accidentally showed it on the west coast though and had to apologize for it.

http://www.spike.com/press/2013/11/25/statement-regarding-bar-rescue/
:krs: is there a way to get this episode? surely someone taped it

Dingo

Lace up
Daps
Reppin
DC
I just got a part time job at a new resteraunt and it seems like everything they do is from this show (it opens next week)...
5 cocktails
preach about upselling
Fresh food.. same old same old Jon Taffert the god shyt

Until someone says the other day during training
"wow you guys must have watched bar rescue or something" Owner gave him the :birdman:

Dingo

Lace up
Daps
Reppin
DC
That was one of the stupidest rescues, the corporate bar:stopitslime:, obviously Jon and his team didn't do their research on that area at all.

http://piratztavern.com/as-fukked-by-tv/

Fam, you need to look at these pictures and read their story... :dead: