Baltimore man Freddie Gray dies after getiing neck broken while in police custody

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
Getting people in positions of power, community organizations and groups, dialogue with city leaders. VOTING. There are a number of things that can help. I live in successful black city that is run by black people, it can be done.

Well now you got people refusing to leave office while others are voted in. Precedent was set last week

CBSkyline

Chill
Daps
Getting people in positions of power, community organizations and groups, dialogue with city leaders. VOTING. There are a number of things that can help. I live in successful black city that is run by black people, it can be done.

According to people in Baltimore all of what you said is already in place there. They have a Black mayor, police chief, plenty of Black officers, as well as 1/3 of the state legislative.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps

like many people have mentioned before, Baltimore is a city with a lot of Black people in positions of power, everything you've suggested in this post is already happening in Baltimore so much so that people in this very thread who actually live in Baltimore were convinced that "things would be different because Black people run the city", yes you're right, it can be done, and has been done with unsatisfactory results.

HONEYBLAY

Pro
Daps
Reppin
~919..Go Tarheelz..~
:salute:
About to drop an unpopular fact, so I'm ready for the negs.

The most powerful country in the world is not going to lose its country to riots of a minority group. Plain and simple.

Have to find more constructive ways in dealing with this, tearing up your own businesses and neighborhoods isn't going to hurt the rich and powerful, just those in that community.
I said the same last night,and got called outta my name/negged..
I digress...
*Very well put...*

Audemar

Superstar
Daps
I don't think any of us think this is the solution (I hope). We just get some of the anger.
Everyone understands the anger but citing anger as a reason to throw a tantrum and destroy everything in sight is really child-like; then again it's mostly kids anyway. Also, if you've ever been to West Baltimore, you know that several parts of it could do without the unnecessary damage. Why not go to predominately White places if you want to send a message to WHITE people, not places where Black people predominately live and shop?

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
I get the anger, but you have some who really feel like they can really go to war with the country. We are too small as a group to even think that is possible.

there are some who feel like they have no other choice but to go to war as all other options have been exhausted, we literally have to create campaigns to prove to white people that our lives matter, do you not see how helpless a group has to feel to consider doing such a thing?

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
According to people in Baltimore all of what you said is already in place there. They have a Black mayor, police chief, plenty of Black officers, as well as 1/3 of the state legislative.

Still missing the community dynamic, parental involvement, why are kids as young as 12 and 13 roaming the streets getting involved with the looting and destruction?

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda

All fair points but it seems Baltimore already has all of that for the most part, and still a lot of messed up stuff has happened over the years.

I think the main issue is whether or not black "leadership" is actually serious in tackling racial inequality and white supremacy, and especially encouraging group economics amongst black folks. I'm not familiar with Baltimore politics in detail but so far, it doesn't seem like that's the case over there. Ex: Mayor Rawlings-Blake siding against having body cameras on police. (Though I heard she was overruled by the city council, will need to double check that).

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Everyone understands the anger but citing anger as a reason to throw a tantrum and destroy everything in sight is really child-like; then again it's mostly kids anyway. Also, if you've ever been to West Baltimore, you know that several parts of it could do without the unnecessary damage. Why not go to predominately White places if you want to send a message to WHITE people, not places where Black people predominately live and shop?

have you been following these riots at all, the police literally form lines and slowly back these people into the areas they don't mind the rioters destroying. the white areas are protected because those are the only areas that really matter, why do you think the police just sat back and allowed those people to loot an entire CVS before burning it, they could have easily put manpower on both exits and corralled everyone coming out and saved the store