Baltimore man Freddie Gray dies after getiing neck broken while in police custody

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
that's why I'm asking questions, I don't live there. What do Black people in Baltimore have influence over and how do you personally think it will effect this case?

In your opinion, what will their power and influence have over the determination of the outcome of this case?

Most high ranking government jobs are held by black folk

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
who is the "we" that has power there?
yea black people run the city, the problem is we have a lot of unqualified police. like i said they've been short handed since at least 2001, they had billboards for hiring at one point. i can only speculate exactly how its affected hiring, but its been kind of evident

SteelCitySoldier

TSC Fantasy Football Champion 2016
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles C.A.
Ya'll muthafukas that think this shyt is gonna swept under the rug and dismissed like the others have to realize that Baltimore ain't going for this shyt. Like
I pointed out in the beginning of the thread (and others are telling ya'll now) every position of power is held by a Black person. Baltimore is small compared to mostly all the bigger cities but it's still the largest city in Maryland and right next door to DC (which makes it even more important to convict these clowns because it's too close to the White House), 63% of the city is Black oh and the lawyer who has taken the case...BILLY MURPHY WAS ALSO A JUDGE but was making so much bread as a lawyer he said fukk it and stepped down after three years as a circuit court judge. Look at this shyt

Awards and Recognitions
  • Clarence Darrow Award, Mass Torts Made Perfect Conference, 2012
  • AV-Rated 20 years, Martindale-Hubbell
  • 100 Top Trial Lawyers in the U.S., American Trial Lawyers Association, 2011
  • The Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers, Martindale-Hubbell, 2011
  • Whitney M. Young, Jr. Memorial Award, Urban League of Greater Baltimore, 2010
  • Legal Elite Readers’ Poll, Top Baltimore Lawyer, Baltimore Smart CEO, 2010
  • Circle of Excellence, Merchant Circle, 2010
  • Top Attorney in Maryland, Baltimore Magazine Super Lawyers, 2009, 2010
  • Trailblazer Award, Minority Business Summit, 2009
  • Influential Marylander, The Daily Record, 2008
  • Lifetime Award, Black CEO Summit Trailblazer Award, 2007
  • Thurgood Marshall Lifetime Achievement Award, 2003
  • Lifetime Member, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 2002
  • Top Ten Criminal Lawyers in Maryland, Baltimore Magazine, 1996
  • Charles Hamilton Houston Award for Lifetime Achievement in Litigation, 2004
  • Board of Governors, Maryland Trial Lawyers Association
  • 25 Smartest People in Baltimore, Baltimore Magazine
This shyt happened in the wrong city this time and the mayor has never had a crisis like this on her hands and may be overwhelmed but she is doing it correctly by making sure she has all the facts the straight before proceeding because she wants to convict these fools. Ya'll keep sleeping on the city of Baltimore, I lived there for 10 years and I can tell you one thing and that is that they stick together.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Ya'll muthafukas that think this shyt is gonna swept under the rug and dismissed like the others have to realize that Baltimore ain't going for this shyt. Like
I pointed out in the beginning of the thread (and others are telling ya'll now) every position of power is held by a Black person. Baltimore is small compared to mostly all the bigger cities but it's still the largest city in Maryland and right next door to DC (which makes it even more important to convict these clowns because it's too close to the White House), 63% of the city is Black oh and the lawyer who has taken the case...BILLY MURPHY WAS ALSO A JUDGE but was making so much bread as a lawyer he said fukk it and stepped down after three years as a circuit court judge. Look at this shyt

Awards and Recognitions
  • Clarence Darrow Award, Mass Torts Made Perfect Conference, 2012
  • AV-Rated 20 years, Martindale-Hubbell
  • 100 Top Trial Lawyers in the U.S., American Trial Lawyers Association, 2011
  • The Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers, Martindale-Hubbell, 2011
  • Whitney M. Young, Jr. Memorial Award, Urban League of Greater Baltimore, 2010
  • Legal Elite Readers’ Poll, Top Baltimore Lawyer, Baltimore Smart CEO, 2010
  • Circle of Excellence, Merchant Circle, 2010
  • Top Attorney in Maryland, Baltimore Magazine Super Lawyers, 2009, 2010
  • Trailblazer Award, Minority Business Summit, 2009
  • Influential Marylander, The Daily Record, 2008
  • Lifetime Award, Black CEO Summit Trailblazer Award, 2007
  • Thurgood Marshall Lifetime Achievement Award, 2003
  • Lifetime Member, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 2002
  • Top Ten Criminal Lawyers in Maryland, Baltimore Magazine, 1996
  • Charles Hamilton Houston Award for Lifetime Achievement in Litigation, 2004
  • Board of Governors, Maryland Trial Lawyers Association
  • 25 Smartest People in Baltimore, Baltimore Magazine
This shyt happened in the wrong city this time and the mayor has never had a crisis like this on her hands and may be overwhelmed but she is doing it correctly by making sure she has all the facts the straight before proceeding because she wants to convict these fools. Ya'll keep sleeping on the city of Baltimore, I lived there for 10 years and I can tell you one thing and that is that they stick together.
Couldnt have said it better myself :salute:

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Baltimore is most certainly a Black city. There's a high representation of Black people at all levels in the entire area from Baltimore to DC.

The issue with the police is a cultural one. Police culture is built around protecting the interests of land owning White males regardless of the race of the officer. The officer in modern America is the equivalent of the constable that used to patrol a lord's fiefdom back when England had serfs and shyt. That's why Black cops still act like White cops and get away with treating Black people in a majority Black city like enemies.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
fb_img_1429647524935_720.png

Powerful image. And this is ONLY the past few weeks basically, and it only covers high profile ones. Thanks for posting this.