Baldur's Gate 3 (PC, PS5, Xbox Series) [no open spoilers]

Tribaligenesis

All Star
Daps
It definitely deserves to win GOTY so far. Tears of the kingdom was incredible but the writing alone on this blows it away

RageKage

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Macragge
Yeah, I am downloading this now. saw this video (not sure if posted) and I knew I had to play

Read some reviews about how other game developers are legit pissed at the scale and scope of this game as it sets an unreasonable expectation for what a game can be (I get it, sort of).

Have been playing d&d tabletop for 5+ years with a group and have a great time with it

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Act two must be short, heard people saying they were getting to act 2 aafter 40-50 hours
It's not that it's short, it's that most of the missions for it are at 2 hubs so you can do a lot of it all at once as opposed to doing quests all over the map.

Act 2 is really hard too, your characters aren't super strong yet and the enemies are weird and powerful

The fukkery in Act 2 is so crazy that I've only had trouble with 1 fight in Act 3 thus far, it prepared me well :pachaha:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
This game's major expansion DLC should just be a 5-10 year timeskip based around the decisions you made in the main game.

The amount of significant worldchanging choices you have to make in this game is just too much not to. DA:O tried something like that with awakening but it wasn't quite what it needed to be

Cheesy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Hometown
This game's major expansion DLC should just be a 5-10 year timeskip based around the decisions you made in the main game.

The amount of significant worldchanging choices you have to make in this game is just too much not to. DA:O tried something like that with awakening but it wasn't quite what it needed to be
I believe Larian already stated that it would be very hard to actually deliver DLC though, because of the level cap. 12 is pretty damn high in the DND universe, getting above that makes you pretty much a demigod, so all your encounters would have to be with opponents that are way more powerful that they should be.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I believe Larian already stated that it would be very hard to actually deliver DLC though, because of the level cap. 12 is pretty damn high in the DND universe, getting above that makes you pretty much a demigod, so all your encounters would have to be with opponents that are way more powerful that they should be.
Ok...this is an RPG :gucci:

I made it through the fukkin gauntlet of ridiculous battles in the underdark, shadow cursed lands, vampires dens, etc. I SHOULD be a God :pacspit:

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This shyt hard at brehs. Playing on hard mode and I gotta escape this goblin camp with limited supplies. I already killed the 3 leaders with the assistance of Lump and Halsin. After the fight lump just left without saying a word cause those other 2 dummies died and halsin was just like iight breh good fight, meet me at the grove. Lumps horn don’t even work no more. All that she he was talking and now he don’t even wanna battle after being in the trenches one time.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Aight

Raphael duplicitous set-trippin ass in the dirt. No deaths on balanced. Lost a grand total of 35 health points across my whole party in the fight and half of them were self-inflicted. Cuz got two attacks off and didn't even get the second 'phase' I'm seeing people deal with online.

...lucky Ghoul paralyze so goddamned clutch :wow:
If you ain't get the Necromancy of Thay + upgrade you basically choosing a half-level difficulty increase for Act 3 compared to if you did. Them undead strong as hell.

Hope it real:blessed:Hope is true :blessed:Hope is alive :blessed:
Double entendre, IYKYK

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Aight

Raphael duplicitous set-trippin ass in the dirt. No deaths on balanced. Lost a grand total of 35 health points across my whole party in the fight and half of them were self-inflicted. Cuz got two attacks off and didn't even get the second 'phase' I'm seeing people deal with online.

...lucky Ghoul paralyze so goddamned clutch :wow:
If you ain't get the Necromancy of Thay + upgrade you basically choosing a half-level difficulty increase for Act 3 compared to if you did. Them undead strong as hell.

Hope it real:blessed:Hope is true :blessed:Hope is alive :blessed:
Double entendre, IYKYK
Did you fight him in the hotel or did you fight him at that house of hope place?