Baldur's Gate 3 (PC, PS5, Xbox Series) [no open spoilers]

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
What builds/companions y’all running. Trying to get some ideas for my next run.

My current party is my bard/warlock with gale, Kalrach, and shadow heart.

Kalrach is a monster with that “throw shyt” perk (forgot the name) and a returning pike. Currently my fav companion

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps

Kalrach is a monster with that “throw shyt” perk (forgot the name) and a returning pike. Currently my fav companion
I went with Sorcerer for my MC with Laezel/Karlach as my melee and Shadowheart as my healer(I respecced her to the other domain, off her trickery one)

This funny as hell lmao. I play the fireball/damage type caster. May have to go conjuration for my next go round. Unless this like a druid power or something?

Sidenote: Taking a break from BG3 to play Pathfinder War of the Righteous. shyt is fukking amazing. All the mage powers and shyt in there, look phenomenal, the story is also good as hell. Im currently a Lich that can make an army of undead nikkas :mjlol:

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Kalrach barbarian, Bae-zel fighter, Shadowheart cleric with me as openhand monk. I might multiclass with Spore Druid when I hit level 9.

I love the Monk unique dialogue options even if the class is kinda underwhelming. I really be dropping gems on these nikkas. "Clear your mind"

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
I'm liking Act 3 so far, but yeah, it is different than the other acts, at least at the early stages I'm at. Some of the upcoming decisions are going to be difficult though, specifically
freeing that gith in the prism or not
. I have so many saves, so I'll probably try out different options after I finish it with my first choice.

Also, I'm still waiting for Shadowheart to give it up. Any full rest now :lupe:
They should've made at least one other attractive humanoid female party member. I feel like everyone is just picking shadowheart by default because she's the only choice for female romance. Neither Karlach nor Laezel is it unfortunately. And Karlach got a heart of gold too. Would be prime romance but they fumbled

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
They should've made at least one other attractive humanoid female party member. I feel like everyone is just picking shadowheart by default because she's the only choice for female romance. Neither Karlach nor Laezel is it unfortunately. And Karlach got a heart of gold too. Would be prime romance but they fumbled
There is............apparently you can get the drow general chick from the druid invasion(The one leading the goblins). I think you have to side with them tho, so only available on evil playthrough.

Be careful if you downloaded hotfix 4 from today

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
My second choice would probably be Lae’zel. I think she’d be good for an a$$hole run I’ll do next playthrough. Karlach is too manly in my opinion. :yeshrug:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Kalrach barbarian, Bae-zel fighter, Shadowheart cleric with me as openhand monk. I might multiclass with Spore Druid when I hit level 9.

I love the Monk unique dialogue options even if the class is kinda underwhelming. I really be dropping gems on these nikkas. "Clear your mind"
You feel me :wow:

Every time I see [Monk] or [Insight] that shyt is :banderas:

Monk stops being underwhelming around like level 6 or 7 when you're out here putting on haste and getting 4 free stuns, knocking nikkas on their ass with topple

There's really good unarmed gloves and robes towards the end of act 2/beginning of act 3 that basically make you never miss unarmed strikes, and you can counter people who miss you with a reaction :whew:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

I’m still glad they changed her look from the beta.

CDN media

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Laezel grew on me, the animators did a fantasic job with her facial expressions. Her eyes are so expressive it's crazy. Plus her character development has been really good.

I was just focused on smashing all the female party members this playthrough so I had to hit and quit the others because Shadowheart's romance is the slowest of burns, it's pretty much locking me out the others. Baezel was down for the 1 nighter but she won't want you if you've been romancing the others too much first. Said she likes "fresh meat"

Funny thing, I put Astarion in my party for the first time since I got Laezel. I wanted to see what happens when he confronts the hunter after him for shyts n giggles. We shanked that nikka and immediately afterwards he came on to me:dahell: This is like days after I read the data Larian put out saying the vast majority of the playerbase got rejected by him. WTF were people out here doing?? I thought he hated me, nikka stays disapproving when I accept quests and told him I wasn't fukkin with the parasite.

Gale also wanted to show me a magic trick even though I've been heavy handedly suggesting that he allah ackbar's them Absolute folks. :dame: The dudes are on some other shyt

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
Laezel grew on me, the animators did a fantasic job with her facial expressions. Her eyes are so expressive it's crazy. Plus her character development has been really good.

I was just focused on smashing all the female party members this playthrough so I had to hit and quit the others because Shadowheart's romance is the slowest of burns, it's pretty much locking me out the others. Baezel was down for the 1 nighter but she won't want you if you've been romancing the others too much first. Said she likes "fresh meat"

Funny thing, I put Astarion in my party for the first time since I got Laezel. I wanted to see what happens when he confronts the hunter after him for shyts n giggles. We shanked that nikka and immediately afterwards he came on to me:dahell: This is like days after I read the data Larian put out saying the vast majority of the playerbase got rejected by him. WTF were people out here doing?? I thought he hated me, nikka stays disapproving when I accept quests and told him I wasn't fukkin with the parasite.

Gale also wanted to show me a magic trick even though I've been heavy handedly suggesting that he allah ackbar's them Absolute folks. :dame: The dudes are on some other shyt
Astarion the kinda gay you know from the jump
So you know kinda what to expect and what to say to him

The real issue is

Gale gayness is a surprise. You just be adventuring doing the right thing and making logical decisions and you see "Gale approves" in the corner thinking he just gonna be the homie...nah he come outta nowhere mad as fukk you smashing women :dahell: . Bro we are friends. Thats it. You there to do AOE damage and pass arcana checks.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Astarion the kinda gay you know from the jump
So you know kinda what to expect and what to say to him

The real issue is

Gale gayness is a surprise. You just be adventuring doing the right thing and making logical decisions and you see "Gale approves" in the corner thinking he just gonna be the homie...nah he come outta nowhere mad as fukk you smashing women :dahell: . Bro we are friends. Thats it. You there to do AOE damage and pass arcana checks.
Don't sleep on wyll :dame:

I should've known better to dance with that fruitcake ass nikka :dame:

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
Don't sleep on wyll :dame:

I should've known better to dance with that fruitcake ass nikka :dame:
Breh how you gonna make sus ass decisions then be mad at the outcome? :russ:

i got Wyll relationship meter maxed out and he aint never came on to my character. You dancing with another man under the night sky. Might as well be fully committed to your character being from Baldur's Gate cuz he aint from Harlem now :pachaha:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Finally romanced Shadowheart. :blessed:

I kinda was expecting some more explicit content given how I was asked to choose my genitals at the beginning of the game, but it was pretty tame.