Baldur's Gate 3 (PC, PS5, Xbox Series) [no open spoilers]

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Where do you get Gale? I'm like 20 something hours in (in the underdark) and haven't met him.

I had played early access a few months ago and recruited him, but I only played for 2 hours total back then.

I haven't met him either, guess I'll see him on another playthrough :yeshrug:
You meet Gale in like the first 30ish minutes of the game on the beach lol.
He's stuck in a portal on a side of some rocks.

Cheesy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Hometown
Idk what happened but my game used to run smooth and now it's stuttering all over the place:stopitslime: don't know if it's the last update or some shyt, I didn't change anything in my settings and didn't even reach wildly new areas during my playthrough when it happened

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Gale is an annoying character in Act one
such a fiend
. I’m gonna
to sacrifice him to kill the absolute the first chance I get.

The other annoying character is Astrion. Nothing has happened in his story so far up to about 25% done with the second act. I probably should try to use him more to see if it’ll trigger anything. I haven’t used Gale at all, and it’s still triggering his story though. :jbhmm:

Lae’Zel’s story is also not auto-triggering. I think that’s because I didn’t take the mountain path to Moonrise, where her people are. Hopefully the story goes back into that area. Or I guess I could back track.[

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Idk what happened but my game used to run smooth and now it's stuttering all over the place:stopitslime: don't know if it's the last update or some shyt, I didn't change anything in my settings and didn't even reach wildly new areas during my playthrough when it happened
There was an Nvidia driver made for that patch. The Larian launcher told me to download it. No stutters on my end.

☃ ೋ

Superstar
Daps
1:Yes I use worms.
2:No stuttering for me, but I have heard this game has a memory leak, so maybe that's part of your problem.
3:Gale is on the beach inside the portal on the side of the cliff, in the starting area.

Superstar
Daps
Where do you get Gale? I'm like 20 something hours in (in the underdark) and haven't met him.

I had played early access a few months ago and recruited him, but I only played for 2 hours total back then.

He’s along the roadside cliffs. There’s a blue portal and his arm is sticking out because he’s stuck.

Superstar
Daps

Not sure. I’m playing on a 1660 super, with 64 gigs of ram, on ultra settings and I’m doing just fine.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Yo the review thread for this game funny as hell on ERA. Obvious Zelda fanboys mad that a mod put the review scores from MC and OC in the title and was whining about it. nikka was having a full meltdown about the shyt. Checked his post histor and sure enough he a Zelda fanboy mad that BG3 getting talked about as a goty contender :mjlol:

Plum said:
Tbh I think that we should remove the MC and OC scores until we get at least 40 reviews in (i.e. the current review amount + the amount currently pending). It just makes things a lot fairer considering how BG3 is getting a considerably more protracted review thread process than most games, who get the vast majority of their reviews in the first few hours before slowly tricking in some more over the following weeks.

Plum said:
Just saying that, whilst this is very impressive and I have no doubt that this will be up there with the highest scoring games of the year... 14 reviews is really not a lot. It's incredibly early days when it comes to determining general critical consensus, and a lot can happen from here - especially for such a massive and long game as this one. This is what TotK looked like at this stage, for example:
bbf49cd24938b69fe8b52b5252a052b7.png

f3b05780d9d542bca2ddbaaebe8bb931.png

It's funny how they keep harping on the fact MC has 14 reviews, when OC has 26 and still at like a 95 rating.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yo the review thread for this game funny as hell on ERA. Obvious Zelda fanboys mad that a mod put the review scores from MC and OC in the title and was whining about it. nikka was having a full meltdown about the shyt. Checked his post histor and sure enough he a Zelda fanboy mad that BG3 getting talked about as a goty contender :mjlol:

It's funny how they keep harping on the fact MC has 14 reviews, when OC has 26 and still at like a 95 rating.

People salty as hell that zelda has an actual threat to its GOTY award

taker597

Superstar
Daps

Seems like they review bombing it on metacritic too

Cheesy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Hometown
There was an Nvidia driver made for that patch. The Larian launcher told me to download it. No stutters on my end.

1:Yes I use worms.
2:No stuttering for me, but I have heard this game has a memory leak, so maybe that's part of your problem.
3:Gale is on the beach inside the portal on the side of the cliff, in the starting area.

Not sure. I’m playing on a 1660 super, with 64 gigs of ram, on ultra settings and I’m doing just fine.
Game got a little update and running smooth as butter again :blessed:

Question about a quest in the Underdark
I found both mushrooms for the Mindflayer but don't get a prompt to give them to him, is there a trick I'm missing?

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Sorrow Glaive been holding me down, but im about ready for something better.