Baldur's Gate 3 (PC, PS5, Xbox Series) [no open spoilers]

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Yeah I killed a trader while clearing a certain area that turned hostile. You don't get their entire inventory or anything OP like that, but some good loot in there
In DOS2 you could do the same and if I am remembering correctly it was their actual full inventory. I guess they have learned from that.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Goblins

I finally beat those goblins. I really screwed myself by persuading my way into the stronghold. Once the goblins became hostile inside, I didn’t realize they’d become hostile outside too. I beat the leaders thinking I’m all done, and then I walk outside, and there are like 25 enemies attacking me. It took me a long time to beat them, even putting it on explorer mode. I shoulda killed them before entering the stronghold by positioning everybody up high. But I couldn’t do that after cornering myself in the stronghold. :damn:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Goblins

I finally beat those goblins. I really screwed myself by persuading my way into the stronghold. Once the goblins became hostile inside, I didn’t realize they’d become hostile outside too. I beat the leaders thinking I’m all done, and then I walk outside, and there are like 25 enemies attacking me. It took me a long time to beat them, even putting it on explorer mode. I shoulda killed them before entering the stronghold by positioning everybody up high. But I couldn’t do that after cornering myself in the stronghold. :damn:
Should've fast travelled out so you can fight from a better angle

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Goblins

Good looking because i am about to do the same shyt

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Goblins

See. I expected that to happen, so after Minthara got dusted off, I just fast traveled out, dropped a short rest, got ready and came in front two different directions at once. One group popped back in through the teleporter. Other group circled around from the other entrance while everyone was focused.

Take advantage of the turn-based. Especially when splitting your party. If you get a high initiative character who won't get themselves dead, you can start combat, get the enemies moving and more importantly facing that direction, and then you can switch back to party members not in combat and position them. Use their entry to combat dynamically.

If you're really about min-maxing, there's basically no fights that aren't sprung on you that you are best served having your whole party involved in to start. I pretty much always leave one character somewhere else and just bring them in when it'll be most effective. Best candidates for this are people with CC spells/abilities.

I keep Karlach out of combat until it's started so she can come in like the Kool-Aid man. Turn one sneak up behind the biggest guy, hide advantage to negate Great Weapon Master -5 attack. 50% of the time, combat starts and the biggest guy on the field immediately gets his shyt pushed back. It made clearing the whole goblin camp exterior in one big fight a lot easier. First turn: that troll ate the floor.

I can't stress this enough: bloodlust elixir on your ranged damage.

I threw one on my level 5 Warlock and literally sat cuz up on high ground like a turret. Every eldritch blast was a kill, and he could do 2 per action. My mans was piling bodies like he was tryna build a staircase out them bytches :wow: Cuz hit End Turn at one point with 9 dead goblins to his name. That turn. Was careful with targeting too - those 9? Every goblin left to act before end of the round. By his next turn, there weren't 9 goblins left.

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Goblins and grove:

You guys did it differently than me.

I killed the healer goblin leader by telling her i needed healing and to meet me alone. I went to rescue Halsin and then I told the drow commander where the grove was. Wyll and Karlach were concerned but I told them to chill.

Fast traveled back to the grove went to the top of the wall and sounded the horn. Drow commander comes with a bunch of goblins and tells me to open gate. I say no and then there’s an epic battle with me and the tieflings against the drow chick and the goblins.

I get my main (elf barbarian) and Karlach to throw barrels down and Shadowheart hits them with her fire.

Afterwards, I fast traveled to the goblin camp and got caught unaware. Fought all the way to the tiefling goblin commander.

Last edited:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Dudes talked about this at work and the level of variance in our playthroughs has been eye opening :wow:

One dude murked a party character on arrival to get a sword not knowing that they were playable and could've got the sword anyway, he was crushed when found out they were playable :wow:

One dude softlocked himself out of game progression because his build was trash and had to start over :wow:

One guy is on a completely evil route and has permanent scars on his character :wow:

This one might be the GOAT :wow:

Supreme

King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC

eldritch-blast.jpg

rh38ufz3zm191.gif

This shyt here is all I've been using
3rwKvax.png

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Does anyone know if you get a magic Mirror in this game that lets you change the appearance of party members?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Fat fukk spore creature

I agree to let that fat fukk gluton spore creature come with me, and then he turns out to be crazy and I have to kill him, right after a tough fight. I had to try several times. fukk that guy :beli:

Cheesy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Hometown
It's crazy how I see all of y'all talking about a character I haven't come across. One thing that bothered me is how Wyll came to my party, I never used him but his story still unfolded, like I don't interact with dude at all. Still haven't used or leveled him, might do a party switch up later.
Right now my main is a ranger with some magic for ambushing and ranged attacks, Shadowheart for the magery/status effects/healing and Lae'sal and Kalach as my heavy hitters.