Baldur's Gate 3 (PC, PS5, Xbox Series) [no open spoilers]

Flexington

All Star
Daps
What kind of bard were you running? Cats kept saying Sword Bard was too wild and needed a nerf lol
They're probably not wrong I may have to give it a go. My Gale was mostly lore bard (and a little cleric).

I'd do something like cast hypnotic pattern, then cast healing word and get the whole party blessed
due to the whispering promise
Then I'd just deal with who I wanted to get out the paint first.

Or cast sanctuary and laugh at them as they can't break my concentration :steviej:

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
They're probably not wrong I may have to give it a go. My Gale was mostly lore bard (and a little cleric).

I'd do something like cast hypnotic pattern, then cast healing word and get the whole party blessed
due to the whispering promise
Then I'd just deal with who I wanted to get out the paint first.

Or cast sanctuary and laugh at them as they can't break my concentration :steviej:

First time I used a scroll for this I went OH shyt! :russ:

Entire game changed

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
I should have taken your advice but I was already deep in the goblin camp so I figured I might as well defeat the 3 bosses there and save Halsin. Had a rough ass time. :skip: Lae'zel is the main reason I was successful, I couldn't use any of Astarion's sneak attacks because of some advantage/disadvantage shyt that I have yet to figure out, makes me want to leave his mosquito ass in the camp. Dude even tried to bite me while I slept :dame:

Exploring the east side of the map like you said just cleared a Dank Crypt.

He just wanted a taste :shaq:

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Ok I have a lore question maybe I’m :mjpls: It what’s the difference from a Devil, Teifling and cambion, I legit don’t know

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Ok I have a lore question maybe I’m :mjpls: It what’s the difference from a Devil, Teifling and cambion, I legit don’t know
Devil is a demon from the lower planes, hell basically. Devils are inherently evil most are more sane then other demons because they rule. A cambion is a child of a devil, with another race. Cambion are also inherently evil... but arguably more evil.

Tieflings are humanoids who's ancestors were either cursed by a being from the lower planes or, more likely, their ancestor mated with said creatures. Every so often, the blood taint shows up.... so two dwarves can theoretically birth a tiefling. Tieflings just look evil but aren't inherently evil. Most look the same because one powerfulDevil/god spread his DNA to everyone humanoid in the higher plane so his demonic taint to anyone who had demonid ancestry. I think it was to troll other Devils. This helped make tieflings even more hated by other races.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Devil is a demon from the lower planes, hell basically. Devils are inherently evil most are more sane then other demons because they rule. A cambion is a child of a devil, with another race. Cambion are also inherently evil... but arguably more evil.

Tieflings are humanoids who's ancestors were either cursed by a being from the lower planes or, more likely, their ancestor mated with said creatures. Every so often, the blood taint shows up.... so two dwarves can theoretically birth a tiefling. Tieflings just look evil but aren't inherently evil. Most look the same because one powerfulDevil/god spread his DNA to everyone humanoid in the higher plane so his demonic taint to anyone who had demonid ancestry. I think it was to troll other Devils. This helped make tieflings even more hated by other races.
eh...

Devils aren't Demons. They're different creatures literally and philosophically, and that's what the whole Blood War is about. Demons are Chaotic Evil and Devils are Lawful Evil but they're both trapped in the hells sharing land with each other with inherently differing ideas on how to be... evil. Meanwhile, the top Devils are also at war with each other at the same time. So it's a multi-sided issue where there is just a loose faction of literally insane murderbeasts wandering around. Some get conscripted. Some get used. A lot of them get killed.

Phantum

The Charisma of the Streets
Daps
Just got that simp magic fiend Gale the two scrolls from Sorcery vault :whew:

He might really be able to fukk with Mystra now

dontreadthis

philly.
Daps
eh...

Devils aren't Demons. They're different creatures literally and philosophically, and that's what the whole Blood War is about. Demons are Chaotic Evil and Devils are Lawful Evil but they're both trapped in the hells sharing land with each other with inherently differing ideas on how to be... evil. Meanwhile, the top Devils are also at war with each other at the same time. So it's a multi-sided issue where there is just a loose faction of literally insane murderbeasts wandering around. Some get conscripted. Some get used. A lot of them get killed.
how do yall know this lol

Phantum

The Charisma of the Streets
Daps
D&D lore is older than the internet and basically everyone on this site at this point.
It's so old, most fantasy tropes are either based on it or have worked their way into it's lore retroactively.
Also I used to DM

I don't think I've ever played a D&D video game and I definitely never played the real game but the spells, monsters, and some lore are really familiar to me. This is what those people were into that I never talked to in high school that I thought were weirdos. I probably should have asked if I could play lol

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
I don't think I've ever played a D&D video game and I definitely never played the real game but the spells, monsters, and some lore are really familiar to me. This is what those people were into that I never talked to in high school that I thought were weirdos. I probably should have asked if I could play lol
tabletop at it's core it's just a vehicle for storytelling in whatever way the player decides that goes. And at the end of the day, who doesn't love a good story? It transcends generations, cultures and stigmas.

It's why I knew this game would hit - the foundation was there for people to do whatever random thing they think their character should do and the game will mostly let you, then respond to it. Half the fun people get these days out of games are exploiting systems that aren't expecting them to do certain things. This game worked hard to be exploitable intentionally.

'RPG mechanics' have become so pervasive across the industry, was about time we got an actual role playing game. I want to be a murderhobo? Game has 4 levels of backup NPCs so quests don't break when you kill people. Want to kill no one? You can do that - light work. Evil? Goody-two-shoes? Hard-line against devils, drow or dreugar racism? Yup. Want to throw goblins like an overaggressive club bouncer? Got that too.

The uptick in people I've seen suddenly interested in D&D since the game drop is noticeable. And I love to see it :banderas: Need more black folk in tabletop as a whole. Ran a module with two brehs and a biracial girl with box braids years back and the fukkery was off the charts :mjlol: Nowhere else can you say "Roll Intimidation to press cuz then" :yeshrug: Have them nat-20 and as the DM get to say 'your pocket check was so aggressive you ripped his pockets off his pants. Everything he was holding falls on the ground and he runs away"

And then have to hide the panic so they don't know they just got the key quest item hours early because someone decided to Shotgun Suge they way through Faerun.

That there are similar sequence breaks possible in BG3 is a big win

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC

To be fair BG3 is far more appealing to mainstream these days because "nerd" culture is more accepted and everywhere. BG3 also made it EASY to get into the D&D system. I remember playing the BG2 demo a long time ago and while I enjoyed it, I felt it was niche.

Seeing franchises like Fallout and Cyberpunk blow up in the last decade is great imo. Hardcore DnD has a spot.

Edit: Not meaning to imply Fallout and Cyberpunk are DnD games. More so the levels that well written overarching stories (Fallout) and tabletop mechanics (Cyberpunk) can do for the masses.

Next, Warhammer 40K has to find a way to break the mainstream. I used to listen to some of the lore videos about that universe. Amazing content.