Baldur's Gate 3 (PC, PS5, Xbox Series) [no open spoilers]

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Its the 70 dollar game most worth 70 dollars this year
Except it cost $59.99 on Steam and for the extra $10 you could get the digital deluxe edition there. This is definitely a wait for a sale game on the principle they feel like just cause it’s on a different platform it should cost more.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I did Dark Urge on this 2nd play through and, honestly, Minthara is a great fukkin character. If Shadowheart is GOAT companion, then Minthara p4p probably rounds out my top 3. Only downfall is that she doesn't have an actual questline (just great dialogue/interactions) and it's not worth getting her on your first play through imo, the cost is too steep. Even on a 2nd play through you're sacrificing several big story points/additional characters, unless you try some round about methods that still cost you key dialogue.

Which is unfortunate bc she's more tragic character than straight up villain. It almost felt outta place with the dialogue unveiling the truth about her bc she was (mostly) under the influence of the tadpole/absolute-controlled for why she did what she did whereas my ass went straight Anakin vs the children, Revenge of the Sith style bc that's just the type of ain't shyt nygga i felt like being :mjlol:

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
Devil's Sight.

Changes the whole fight.

Also... of all the fights in the game... this is exactly the fight not to bring a Paladin to. That Radiant-Forcex3 reflect is :picard: Watched someone forget and run a crit Divine Smite into the reflect and one-shot themselves :mjlol:

I'm gonna be at that fight by end of the week and it'll be the first time I'll be playing it with Evil!Jenevelle. Gonna do it 3-man instead of my normal 2. That swarm fight about to get worked :blessed: nikka going full Bane. "You merely adopted the dark...I was born to it. Forged by it." All 3 of my planned team can see in darkness. They want to turn the lights off? shyt nikka, I'll help :yeshrug:

Funny enough, my paladin was the only one with Devil's sight :skip:I luckily avoided the reflect cuz the boss pretty much ran up the staircase solo and got fukking clapped in like 2 turns while everyone else either still dashing or stuck in the Hunger of Hadar at the bottom of the stairs:pachaha:. The darkness fukking up my offensive range and positioning probably was the biggest difficulty of the fight despite the number of enemies.

That shyt was ridiculous at one point tho I had Jaheira action surge ice storm twice, paladin/warlock Hunger of Hadar in the same spot, and then had Shadowheart cast web. Mf's was slipping prone, getting burnt by acid at the beginning and end of each turn, and then half of them got stuck in the web so they would just keep taking damage from HoH :mjlol:

All that and them mf's still had me fighting for my life on that damn staircase :bryan:

fukk all that Devil's Sight shyt, I cast Silence to prevent Darkness from even being cast, and made the stairs a death funnel with AOE spells. If they got past that, they ran into a raging Karlach and my Rogue hidden waiting to sneak attack.:demonic:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
fukk all that Devil's Sight shyt, I cast Silence to prevent Darkness from even being cast, and made the stairs a death funnel with AOE spells. If they got past that, they ran into a raging Karlach and my Rogue hidden waiting to sneak attack.:demonic:

jack-nicholson-jack.gif

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
That’s what I love about the game. There’s no one way to play but you will eventually get skill checked if you don’t come correct.

i.e. over-relying on a Paladin

Or building a beastly offensive squad at the cost of dexterity (aka 0 initiative, so you start deadass last every fight) vs AOE debuffers :huhldup:

Shiiid, great as fighters/barbarians are, ish hits different if you have a support to cast hold person/monster on a high AC Raphael ass mfer

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
only thing thats bothering me so far is that ive played some of it already. i must have gotten thru a lot too

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Ok I'm just starting to get a hang of the game now I'm a eldrich knight fighter been following some FEXlife guides for build help. The game is fukking huge its daunting everytime I go exploring.
I started doing eldrich knight because of him as well but after overthinking it and coming on here too many times I switch to gloom stalker, check out Italianspartacus on YouTube as well he does some good build and isn’t as dry and boring as fet

I’m just entering act 3 and I can honestly say I’m the worst hero ever lol. My ratio of saved people to letting them die and killing the whole camp is awful. I don’t even be meaning to let people die I just don’t be knowing what in the hell im doing.

I can honestly say the freedom of choice in this game is on another level. You really can do whatever you want however you want