Baldur's Gate 3 (PC, PS5, Xbox Series) [no open spoilers]

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
If you can get it unlocked, it'll give you a useful ability for the first two acts, and is the means to get an ability in act 3 that can singlehandedly carry some fights for you. If you can pass the checks to get that far.

Like seriously. They had to nerf the act 3 skill in the last patch. Pre-nerf, I one-rounded one of the final bosses with only 1 PC and the boss didn't even get to attack. Even post-nerf, it's very useful in the fights where you're massively outnumbered.

Are you talking about the

ghoul summoning? That shyt saved my life last night, it took some of the pressure off my main squad for like two rounds. Very vital

And even though they’re made out of glass they hit pretty hard when they hit. I think one of the ghouls did 25dmg

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
this game got me bad, every minute I’m not playing it I wanna be playing it

Completely deserves all the praise/hype

For those who are that far, what’s the problem with act 3? Iv seen it mentioned but not sure why, obviously no spoilers if it’s possible

Act 1 & 2 have been the most fun iv had on a game in a long time

I’m honestly not sure, I’ve had more crashing and lower frames in Act 3, but the content is still very good. There’s a lot of little conspiracy plot lines and stuff to get into the city, its actually more interesting to me than the majority of Act 2.

I think a lot of peoples problem with act 3 is they are probably just burnt out and finding little things more annoying. It takes like 80 hours to get here if you’re not skipping things. Then act 3 itself is probably just as big as act 1 is without the underdark section

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I’m honestly not sure, I’ve had more crashing and lower frames in Act 3, but the content is still very good. There’s a lot of little conspiracy plot lines and stuff to get into the city, its actually more interesting to me than the majority of Act 2.

I think a lot of peoples problem with act 3 is they are probably just burnt out and finding little things more annoying. It takes like 80 hours to get here if you’re not skipping things. Then act 3 itself is probably just as big as act 1 is without the underdark section
Yeah I was getting burnt out in Act 3 once I got to the lower city. Then there were big quest bugs in that section when I first started it. Then it was also very overwhelming. They put like an entire act worth of quests and side quests just in that section of the act. It also felt disjointed, maybe because of all the potential content. I like that there was a lot of content, but at that point in the game it really can lead to burnout. It could have been paced better.

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang
brehs, i had the battle of my life in act 3, i swear i started that shyt at 9pm and didn’t finish until like 11

it was those lady shar scumbags for shadow hearts questline. I think that might be the most enemies i fought in one encounter outside of the shar mausoleum. There were like 20 of them and all the stupid wizards cast dark and a bunch of other shyt. One of the few encounter i had to save during the fight because one bad move could have completely ended me. I revived every member of my party like twice outside of Gale. I was also forced to go back to a save and take Jaheira out cause she wasn’t cutting it.

I would have thought the Bhaal cultist would have given me more trouble

Not sure how much content you’ve done in Act 3 so far but there are a few encounters that are much worse :pachaha:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I’ll just say it will probably depend on when you do it. You end up pretty OP at the end to the point that not much is a threat lol

why did they tie such a big companion quest to it? It feels wrong to do it now but she has Lae’zel and Minsc, so its either i wait until the very end to get two characters back or i kill her now and progress a huge main plotline

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang
why did they tie such a big companion quest to it? It feels wrong to do it now but she has Lae’zel and Minsc, so its either i wait until the very end to get two characters back or i kill her now and progress a huge main plotline

Interesting…did you have Halsin in your party? She only took him in my playthrough. Also to be honest if you want to tackle Orin’s quest early there aren’t really any drawbacks as far as I know. The Chosen stories don’t have much impact on any of storylines besides each other(I.E teaming up with Gortash after taking out Orin)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Interesting…did you have Halsin in your party? She only took him in my playthrough. Also to be honest if you want to tackle Orin’s quest early there aren’t really any drawbacks as far as I know. The Chosen stories don’t have much impact on any of storylines besides each other(I.E teaming up with Gortash after taking out Orin)

Damn, i guess it’s random, but i wish she would have taken Halsin, then i could properly ignore it but Lae’zel is tied to the Orpheus storyline that i need to do

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Damn, i guess it’s random, but i wish she would have taken Halsin, then i could properly ignore it but Lae’zel is tied to the Orpheus storyline that i need to do
She took just Halsin in my playthrough too. That's crazy she took 2 people in your playthrough

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Are you talking about the

ghoul summoning? That shyt saved my life last night, it took some of the pressure off my main squad for like two rounds. Very vital

And even though they’re made out of glass they hit pretty hard when they hit. I think one of the ghouls did 25dmg
Yup. Their hits can also paralyze. If you're lucky or build to decrease enemy saving throws, the paralysis flying around can literally change fights.
Rafael went down getting only 1 attack in. Get the paralysis on and every melee hit is now a crit - had my melee folk dump all their big abilities the second the paralysis went on. Speed potions/haste help to damage-dump. Seeing 600 hp disappear in 2 rounds of combat was :banderas:
Plus, having them there to soak hits you don't have to worry about taking can save you.