Backlog is caught up....now I have a big decision to make as I move to current gen. Xbox or PS5?

What should I cop?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
for ncaa 25 if you play online dynasty then whichever system your friends use.

In fact, if you play a lot of multiplayer games it’s always easy just to see what games that your friends play on a system and just start there.

You’re American unlike a lot of these folks so it’s probably a good mix:manny:
NCAA 25 will have cross play like Madden, 2k and a lot of other games already do.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Damn how big was your backlog?
giphy.gif

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
PS5 is definitely the "can't go wrong" option but if you mostly play multi-plats and really like the idea of instantly switching and pausing multiple games at once, there is a case to be made for Xbox because as far as Quality of Life features, that shyt is the truth.

Quick Resume, more controller options, and 1st/3rd party day & date gamepass games are the only real advantages Xbox has over PS5 right now outside of a handful of notable exclusives like Forza, Starfield, Halo, etc.

I got my Series X at launch and my PS5 about a year ago. These days I mostly play on the PS5 but I always keep 2-3 casual games sitting in quick resume at all times on Xbox. I fukking love that feature more than anything else introduced this gen. I literally MOVED to a whole other city and my game state was still preserved when I plugged in the console at the new place, and I had 3 games sitting in that queue :dead:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Why yal'll nikkas act like this is a existential question? :what: buy the one that's the games u wanna play if not cop both

Picking a console in the Arcadium is like choosing your life path or starting class in an RPG. Once you make that choice your entire identity and sense of self is locked in FOREVER :damn:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Either would be a good choice.

The PS5 is probably the most reasonable choice. It's the better-selling console, which means it will receive almost every third-party title, plus whatever partial, timed, or full exclusive third-party games they make deals on, thanks to those sales. Microsoft is also transitioning to a third-party publisher and will release their titles on it too. And of course, there's Sony's own 1st party titles.

Series X is going to last out this gen. They'll get the majority of 3rd party games. And GP is a good deal if you're into gaming like that. There's the possibility they may heavily increase the price for Day 1 releases in the near future, though.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Go where your friends are because I feel that is critical when buying a system

Xbox
- Gamepass, helluva deal
- Better UI
- Better backwards compatibility
- Better system features like quick resume, pre-download games, game sharing, etc.
- Better entertainment system, but that might be subjective due to region

Playstation
- More innovative controller even though I prefer the xbox controller
- More current gen games
- Better support for Japanese games
- Better chance of getting indies and AAs because they rarely skip Playstation
- Looks like Xbox games are going to get ported to Playstation, so it's harder to justify xbox on a game front
- If you wait you can get a PS5 in the fall which will be the best console to play games on
- Trophies are a better system than achievement points

Anyway, if you're looking for a gaming machine then I would advise to get a playstation. However, if you're patient I would wait for the fall and get a PS5 pro. I would only get an xbox if you want to just chill and use it for gamepass, but PS+ extra is a pretty good service, and very similar to gamepass minus day one games. Lastly, my best advice is go to where your friends are playing because even though one platform might be better, but for MP its best to play with friends your comfortable with

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Go where your friends are because I feel that is critical when buying a system

Xbox
- Gamepass, helluva deal
- Better UI
- Better backwards compatibility
- Better system features like quick resume, pre-download games, game sharing, etc.
- Better entertainment system, but that might be subjective due to region

Playstation
- More innovative controller even though I prefer the xbox controller
- More current gen games
- Better support for Japanese games
- Better chance of getting indies and AAs because they rarely skip Playstation
- Looks like Xbox games are going to get ported to Playstation, so it's harder to justify xbox on a game front
- If you wait you can get a PS5 in the fall which will be the best console to play games on
- Trophies are a better system than achievement points

Anyway, if you're looking for a gaming machine then I would advise to get a playstation. However, if you're patient I would wait for the fall and get a PS5 pro. I would only get an xbox if you want to just chill and use it for gamepass, but PS+ extra is a pretty good service, and very similar to gamepass minus day one games. Lastly, my best advice is go to where your friends are playing because even though one platform might be better, but for MP its best to play with friends your comfortable with

FYI sony does game sharing also