Back to Back? We Like That Record - Official 18x NBA Champion Boston Celtics 2024-25 thread

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
:russ: Whats good, breh

Not your team

knicks-wink.gif

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What y’all think about the Lonnie/Springer thing

Basically ownership isn’t gonna want to carry 15 because of the luxury tax penalties, a vet min for Lonnie will cost $11 mil

So either Lonnie gets cut or Springer gets traded to clear salary. Lonnie is better but the caveat is we don’t have his bird rights so if he outplays his minimum deal we can’t really bring him back

Raquinotj

#NBATwitter #NBAReddit #6ixRings #PatsNation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of champions BAWSTON

Basically ownership isn’t gonna want to carry 15 because of the luxury tax penalties, a vet min for Lonnie will cost $11 mil

So either Lonnie gets cut or Springer gets traded to clear salary. Lonnie is better but the caveat is we don’t have his bird rights so if he outplays his minimum deal we can’t really bring him back

Trade Springer he’s making $4 million, if you can’t hit the 3 there’s no place for you in this team unless you’re Queta or Kornet. Lonnie looking amazing in green. Keep him away from the Knicks/Bucks/Sixers

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Trade Springer he’s making $4 million, if you can’t hit the 3 there’s no place for you in this team unless you’re Queta or Kornet. Lonnie looking amazing in green. Keep him away from the Knicks/Bucks/Sixers

I agree, Lonnie easily the better player so if you gotta pick between the two you take him and figure out the rest later

With this new CBA stuff I think we’re gonna have to good players forced to take minimum deals in FA due to lower markets so even if he does play into a bigger deal we can have other options down the line

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps

I actually like Springer, but the $4 mill on his contract seems like an overpay for who Springer is for the Celtics, no disrespect lol

You gotta keep Lonnie. He reminds me alot of Malcolm Brogdon off the bench as a dynamic scorer from anywhere on the court. And with all the attention the starting 5 gets, he'll get alot of open shots to be even more deadly. So to have Lonnie who is similar to Brogdon at 1/20th the salary is a big plus

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Hauser going to the next level this year.

Celtics Bench on demon time.

Man...

To think this exact time last year I was so unsure of how good the bench production would be for the season. This year the bench is loaded

- The big man rotation of Horford, Tillman, and Queta
- 2nd/3rd unit wings with Jordan Walsh and Lonnie Walker
- Pritchard and Hauser stepped it up even another level

:wow:

Nabs

Superstar
Daps
I'm not convinced we're letting go of Lonnie. Brad has been trying to get him for a while. Him and Zarren definitely got the computer putin' right now.

I just need Wyc to find a way to guilt trip his dad one last time if they don't find a way to clear some cap space.

William Heavy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like Springer as a prospect for the future, but Lonnie is a better player right now and ready to contribute. We trade Springer and keep Lonnie. Lonnie is as good as gone next year. Hopefully by next year Walsh and Schierman have made the leap and are ready to play meaningful minutes. Walsh already looks like he's improved from his first year.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
I have a feeling the Porzingis injury isn't as bad as the 5 months December/January prediction initially was. Sounds like the team wants to put Porzingis in bubble wrap until April, and I get it

Also, who else wouldn't mind Luke Kornet starting? He's been decent for the preseason and plays really well with the starters. Personally I wouldn't mind giving Tillman, Queta, and Kornet more minutes and resting Al Horford more during the season