B.M.F. (Black Mafia Family) Season 2 Official Discussion Thread | Fridays On STARZ

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
Lamar:

SiSi-h.gif

We Ready

The Malarkey Cutter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
For anyone that watches this and Your Honor, it was weird when a cop named Beckwith was mentioned in this episode and the just recent episode of your honor also has a cop named Beckwith. Not a common name.

Just a strange coincidence

Boonapalist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
Ladon was a terriorist on Visger, Fort, Schafer and all them streets.
D Meeks was an enforcer, he never told.

I don’t think the writers did anything. I think Meeks and ED Boyd stepped in and fixed the script. Like dude said above you it’s kind of hard to do a tv show with the whole cast still alive and involved.
When ED said he shot up his momma house. And that nikka said he wouldn’t say his moms house didn’t get shot up but why’d he run to it. I knew that nikka was a menace

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
BMF, Power, and alot of other black shows are only good for entertainment but in terms of quality they’re trash. Mainly because of the horrible writers, writers who attended screenwriting courses but never read a novel in their lives to strengthen their writing. The Wire’s writers had extensive literary influence, so its characters are very layered and the storytelling is flawless

Snowfall is way better quality than 50 Cent’s shows but it still falls short of The Wire, because of Season 5 and the later half of Season 4, and the writing and characters aren't as layered. Even if it is The Godfather compared to 50’s shows.

Top Boy is on the same level of Snowfall

Godfather Of Harlem an inch below Snowfall/Top Boy. Alot of the dramatization and unrealisticness hinders it. Once again, still better than 50’s shows

The Wire will remain to be the peak of a quality “black” drama. If they made something as strong as The Wire in terms of quality for the 80s/90s era, it would blow up in today’s urban culture

Good analysis that I actually agree with. Are there any other shows that out that are on the level of The Wire, Sopranos, Breaking Bad, or Succession writing?. My favorite shows are all those I just mentioned, Topboy, Spartacus, Game of Thrones I keep watching the same shyt because besides the entertainment shows idk what to watch.

I'm hearing Mayor of Kingstown, Yellowstone and Your Honor is good. Any other shows with that good writing, crime element or violence element that's not too totally unrealistic?

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Good analysis that I actually agree with. Are there any other shows that out that are on the level of The Wire, Sopranos, Breaking Bad, or Succession writing?. My favorite shows are all those I just mentioned, Topboy, Spartacus, Game of Thrones I keep watching the same shyt because besides the entertainment shows idk what to watch.

I'm hearing Mayor of Kingstown, Yellowstone and Your Honor is good. Any other shows with that good writing, crime element or violence element that's not too totally unrealistic?

Mayor of Kingston and Your Honor are actually pretty bad and unrealistic. They just stay with the fukkery.