Azealia Banks Roasts Christianity

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
im back to pagan brehs
I thought this read Im back to paagin. I was like welcome back breh.
x0s6mc.jpg

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
There were ancient civilizations that practiced Christianity/Islam and other religions, of which black Americans descend from.

:duck:

That bible was brought over to Africa to keep the people docile and complacent after whites raped the continent of it's people and it's resources.

Black people need to stop thinking this brainwashing is for us, well yeah it is for us in the sense that it's a tool used to manipulate the poor and the colored, but knowing that, this shyt doesn't benefit us. How convenient is it that you can commit the most despicable acts, but be absolved of it all by praising (white) jesus?
:stopitslime:

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
:duck:

That bible was brought over to Africa to keep the people docile and complacent after whites raped the continent of it's people and it's resources.

Black people need to stop thinking this brainwashing is for us, well yeah it is for us in the sense that it's a tool used to manipulate the poor and the colored, but knowing that, this shyt doesn't benefit us. How convenient is it that you can commit the most despicable acts, but be absolved of it all by praising (white) jesus?
:stopitslime:

Jesus isn't white and if you don't repent, meaning completely turn away, you won't be forgiven.

Bible was already in Africa before whites got a hold of it.

Yagirlcheatinonus

Icon Poster
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not to mention during the transatlantic they sung negro spirituals that had reference to the bible. So how would they know these songs unless they already knew about Christianity? All I'm saying is Christianity was around long before the slave trade.

Yagirlcheatinonus

Icon Poster
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Actually,,, I agree with what she says 100%

Not that Christianity is inherently bad, but it was used as a tool to brainwash and control black slaves to worship white likenesses.

Also I never bought the idea that Christianity originated in Africa. that wasn't Christianity, but just a similar belief that our ancestors had. Christianity is a b*stardized version of that. But not the same.

I don't care what any one else says, we have to get rid/let go of black folks modern worship of "jeebus" and modern Christianity in order to progress.

On the low, white folks been let that shyt go a long time ago. (not that what white folks do really matters, but this is one thing I think they got right)
It been in Africa
http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/africa/features/storyofafrica/8chapter1.shtml

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Not to mention during the transatlantic they sung negro spirituals that had reference to the bible. So how would they know these songs unless they already knew about Christianity? All I'm saying is Christianity was around long before the slave trade.

Yes it was, but it is a religion of oppression. What kind of religion has church basements filled with Africans ready to board slave ships to the Americas?

I mean underneath the church there would be a tunnel that would be directed toward boarding of the slave ships.

As well as for use by colonialists and slave traders, churches were also used to ‘christianise’ enslaved Africans, who had to be baptised before being loaded onto slave ships like cargo. Churches symbolised oppression and opposition to African religions and practices, and stand as testimony to the violence of enslavement. ‘Nossa Senhora do Pópulo is an example of an 18th century church in Benguela.

http://old.antislavery.org/breakingthesilence/slave_routes/slave_routes_angola.shtml

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
:scust:I actually get a little disgusted any time this young lady makes a comment about anything........

:snoop:so typical of people who go hard at religion........... drenched in ignorance.

On loving white men and sex:
She loves white men. She has written songs about how much she likes “marshmallows”. She is also frank about her “daddy issues”. She was constantly pestered for sex by older men when she started out, responding, she says, by having sex with “some of them”. And did she enjoy it? “Of course I enjoyed it. Girl! That is the best thing, you already know.” Sometimes she cries if she hasn’t had enough sex. She has slept with “like, 25 or 30” people in total. “I’m not even ashamed of it,” she says. She thinks about sex “all the time. Like, oh, please.”

On her oldest suitor:
The oldest man she has dated was 56. He used to come in and flirt with her when she was working in Starbucks, “and he was really rich, of course. When I was little, I had a radar for that.” He would take her to dinner in Chelsea, “and we’d be in some fancy restaurant and I’d be there with my sweat suit on”. He thought it was “the funniest thing ever. He really got off on it.” What was it like, being 17 and sleeping with a 56-year-old? “It’s like f****** an old man,” she says. She has since set herself boundaries. “I’m not dating any men over the age of 37.” She has a huge crush on Alex Turner of Arctic Monkeys, “and I met him in Portugal recently and it was really awkward”.

Yagirlcheatinonus

Icon Poster
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes it was, but it is a religion of oppression. What kind of religion has church basements filled with Africans ready to board slave ships to the Americas?

I mean underneath the church there would be a tunnel that would be directed toward boarding of the slave ships.

As well as for use by colonialists and slave traders, churches were also used to ‘christianise’ enslaved Africans, who had to be baptised before being loaded onto slave ships like cargo. Churches symbolised oppression and opposition to African religions and practices, and stand as testimony to the violence of enslavement. ‘Nossa Senhora do Pópulo is an example of an 18th century church in Benguela.

http://old.antislavery.org/breakingthesilence/slave_routes/slave_routes_angola.shtml
What oppressors did still doesn't take away the original inception of faith.