AZ - Truth Be Told [December 1]

JA_Carter

Superstar
Daps
Not a fan of the production on this, AZ was spitting but I wish he’d switch up his flow.

I’ll give it a few more listens but this sounds like a solid album at best, nothing special

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
:francis: I havent heard much recent Swizz. Erick Sermon or Bink? abso-fukkin-lutely not.

I have been really disappointed in Havoc, but still he is better than Buckwild. The both have albums with Flee Lord.....Hav's production was better....and that was some of Buck's best recent stuff.

Truth.

Buck's best days are far gone. He ain't never been on Erick Sermon's level. E's catalogue could easily be Top 5.

But on this new AZ joint, the production can get a little stale. Out of the 90's greats behind the boards, Buck is the one that probably fell off the worst. He lost his whole sound. The beats just don’t knock the way they used to. But Sosa is still killing it with the lyrics. AZ sounds just as sharp as ever on this, which I always expect from him.

And like a lot of people are saying, I don’t know what's up with Monch only doing hooks now. Sh*t is weird and wack. He knows people want some new verses from him.

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
I’ve ran through it a few times now, it’s a solid LP to add to his catalogue.

Reintroduction, One if the Greatest & Go Time are the best joints on here.

A.W.O.L was the last time I was fully impressed with an AZ album & I’m a huge fan.

It just seems like he lacks something to deliver something like that again.

I think maybe he’s just been comfortable in his lane for long time now

Never the less this is cool.

3.25/5 for me.

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Truth.

Buck's best days are far gone. He ain't never been on Erick Sermon's level. E's catalogue could easily be Top 5.

But on this new AZ joint, the production can get a little stale. Out of the 90's greats behind the boards, Buck is the one that probably fell off the worst. He lost his whole sound. The beats just don’t knock the way they used to. But Sosa is still killing it with the lyrics. AZ sounds just as sharp as ever on this, which I always expect from him.

And like a lot of people are saying, I don’t know what's up with Monch only doing hooks now. Sh*t is weird and wack. He knows people want some new verses from him.
You being harsh on Buckwild for what reason? Who is comparing him to Erick Sermon? Why is he the guy who fell off harder than any producer from the 90’s? I don’t get it? The production on this is solid and AZ definitely fits this production that Buckwild lent. It’s 2023 and with all the wack shyt dropping left and right I absolutely cannot say anything bad about Buckwild on this project. Very legit production on this. Not going to compare it to some shyt he produced 30 years ago. That’s not fair.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You being harsh on Buckwild for what reason? Who is comparing him to Erick Sermon? Why is he the guy who fell off harder than any producer from the 90’s? I don’t get it? The production on this is solid and AZ definitely fits this production that Buckwild lent. It’s 2023 and with all the wack shyt dropping left and right I absolutely cannot say anything bad about Buckwild on this project. Very legit production on this. Not going to compare it to some shyt he produced 30 years ago. That’s not fair.

Because he is not good. Lol. There is no agenda. If you read the posts another poster said he was better than Erick Sermon :camby: go listen to Vernia. If Buck gives you 10 tracks only 3 max gonna be decent. Not comparing him to himself 30 years ago, comparing him to bedroom producers in 2023. And he is beyond mediocre in that regard.

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Because he is not good. Lol. There is no agenda. If you read the posts another poster said he was better than Erick Sermon :camby: go listen to Vernia. If Buck gives you 10 tracks only 3 max gonna be decent. Not comparing him to himself 30 years ago, comparing him to bedroom producers in 2023. And he is beyond mediocre in that regard.
I wasn’t addressing you :dahell:

Awesome Wells

Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC

Read above, someone else said he was better than Erick Sermon. He's not.

This is Hip Hop though. It's definitely fair and normal to say someone isn't as dope as they used to be. There are a lot of producers who are actually better today than they were in the 90's. Bink, Alchemist, Nottz, Madlib, etc. Diamond D's production today is still as crazy as it was 30 years ago. So it's definitely fair to say an MC or producer isn't bringing it the way they used to. If the production was dope, everyone in here complaining about it wouldn't be. Buck ain't what he used to be.

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX

This is Hip Hop though. It's definitely fair and normal to say someone isn't as dope as they used to be. There are a lot of producers who are actually better today than they were in the 90's. Bink, Alchemist, Nottz, Madlib, etc. Diamond D's production today is still as crazy as it was 30 years ago. So it's definitely fair to say an MC or producer isn't bringing it the way they used to. If the production was dope, everyone in here complaining about it wouldn't be. Buck ain't what he used to be.
I disagree that Buckwild is above Erick Sermon on any all-time list. Aside from that, I think his production on this album is sharp. As much as I agree with you that producers like Alchemist, Madlib, etc have actually elevated to greater heights I could still say that there are projects that those two have produced that don’t match the quality of this album. IE, Alchemist work with Armand Hammer. So if Buckwild is producing a project that actually has much better replay value than something Alchemist produced recently & you’re saying Buckwild fell off and Alchemist is better than he was 25 years ago then what are we even talking about? That’s all I’m saying. I would call this Buckwild shyt wack if it was wack. It’s not. Is it the quality of work on Word…Life ? Nah. Is Alchemist work on his latest EP’s Flying High & Flying High Pt. 2 on par with his work on Murda Muzik or Bulletproof Wallets? Hell no. Even still Alchemist has absolutely elevated as a Producer. See what I mean?

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I don’t care about anyone else, for me production determines replay value. This album doesn’t enhance his discography. DoD2 was better. Amazing is by far the best song on here. Had maybe 3 other ok joints. Skyzoo would be a good Executive Producer for A. Dave East pretty much figured it out. He don’t do shyt now without Mike n Keys or Budda and Grandz. I like VDon’s sound on WTK projects. Vado has dope production too.

Awesome Wells

Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
I don’t care about anyone else, for me production determines replay value. This album doesn’t enhance his discography. DoD2 was better. Amazing is by far the best song on here. Had maybe 3 other ok joints. Skyzoo would be a good Executive Producer for A. Dave East pretty much figured it out. He don’t do shyt now without Mike n Keys or Budda and Grandz. I like VDon’s sound on WTK projects. Vado has dope production too.

V Don is definitely good for whole projects too. That's true.

But yeah, like you said, this project lyrically, is what I love to see from Sosa today. He's still nice with the pen, and can flow dope and stay in the pocket that made him a legend. But the beats, as you said, are really what determine that replay value. And if that's not there, even when the rhymes are dope, it makes it hard to come back to.