Ayesha Curry blames the Black Community for not embracing her while on the View

Frangala

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Le Grand Congo (Kin)
I could make the argument that given the colorism in the black community and specifically the reverence and preference given to light skinned ethnically ambiguous women, she is an anomaly. This is one of a few times i have heard a lightskinned biracial woman get shunned by the Black community usually it's the dark skinned women non ethnically ambiguous who get demeaned hit with degrading comments about their skin tone or not being as beautiful as their lightskinned counterparts.

Being biracial and mixed with (insert anything other than Black) is viewed favorably in the Black community thats why so many people especially women do it because it carries weight. Sad but true.

---

Superstar
Daps
Why is this women so God damn inarticulate?

God damn! Why is it so hard for her to string coherent thoughts properly to form a sentence?

All she had to say is she wasn't sure where she fit in when she moved into another place. That's all she had to say.

Nothing mentioned about the Chinese or the Polish community shunning her. Steph needs to put her in toastmasters or something, she needs to learn how to speak without landing in landmines all the time.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
I could make the argument that given the colorism in the black community and specifically the reverence and preference given to light skinned ethnically ambiguous women, she is an anomaly. This is one of a few times i have heard a lightskinned biracial woman get shunned by the Black community usually it's the dark skinned women non ethnically ambiguous who get demeaned hit with degrading comments about their skin tone or not being as beautiful as their lightskinned counterparts.

Being biracial and mixed with (insert anything other than Black) is viewed favorably in the Black community thats why so many people especially women do it because it carries weight. Sad but true.
are you ADOS?

and no its not that much of an "anomaly" there are cases where lightskin blacks get demeaned for "not being black enough" whether or not it meauses to the quanitity of obstacles that a DS supposedly goes through might not be the case.

But nonetheless it happens. Only shade that is safe from ridicule or degrading from that is people who are brownskin and we still might get caught up in some mix of bullshyt

edit: nope it seems you aint ados

My parents are from a French speaking African country, they came here with no knowledge of English and no sense of history of America or struggles of African-Americans.

Last edited:

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
honestly, looking at her I never would have thought that she was just black. IMO she looks straight up mixed, and she is. I think alot of high yellas, biracials and multi racials would make their lives alot easier if they just started identifying with that they actually are.

that being said, she needs to get herself together....her husband has like a 4yr/200+ mill contract...hire a babysitter/nanny, become a vegetarian, lose some damn weight and throw in yoga 3-4x a week.

Frangala

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Le Grand Congo (Kin)
are you ADOS?

and no its not that much of an "anomaly" there are cases where lightskin blacks get demeaned for "not being black enough" whether or not it meauses to the quanitity of obstacles that a DS supposedly goes through might not be the case.

But nonetheless it happens. Only shade that is safe from ridicule or degrading from that is people who are brownskin and we still might get caught up in some mix of bullshyt

edit: nope it seems you aint ados

You answered your own question by pulling an old quote. And it shouldnt be your trump card for arguments.

I was born and raised in DC and married to an "ADOS" from Georgia. I have watched the dynamics of colorism within my in laws especially when it comes WOMEN/GIRLS. My sister in law cut off my in laws (her parents) because they were always inquiring about her new born daughter's skin color and "worried" whether it was going to get darker.

To say that there isnt a rampant preference for light skinned women or "exotic" looking woman (translates into not purely Black) is disingenuous. No one has to be ADOS to notice that. So wnen Ayesha Curry goes on about not being embraced its weird because women like that get put on a pedestal in many Black social circles no matter how average they look.

Comments like "having good hair" or " pretty for a dark skinned girl" come from a certain place. It doesnt happen in a vacuum. To be oblivious to that is being disingenuous. Are there a few cases of the reverse yes but in the macro analysis of things im right.

Last edited:

JOHN.KOOL

Manchester United/Atletico Madrid
Daps
Reppin
NULL
By embracing she basically means she feels that black people shouldn't criticise her on stuff she does, that is what it boils down to.

That's what all these people mean when they talk about being embraced by the black community. We should get behind everything they do and never criticise.

Daps
180104_ntl_chef_curry_1253_16x9_992.jpg

she starting to looking like Hillary Clinton.
b0b9de15-33e3-4daf-9daf-82a443ca0f9b.jpg