Avowed (PC, Xbox Series X|S) (February 18, 2025)

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps

My eyes must be bugging because this
4k screenshots Avowed look crazy... I think those rumors were true that that they redid the game

FyYbemSagAAWJaQ

FyYbe7ZaIAA9i1h

FyYbfThaUAAYiE_
Doesn’t look better than this to me

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
They probably sacrificed graphical fidelity for performance.

I'll wait and see before I make judgements on whether or not that was the right decision, but last gen couldn't handle outer worlds well, so it stands to reason that outer worlds level graphics is what this game would need on console to be stable.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
People are getting art style mixed up with graphics here.

There’s nothing wrong with the “graphics” like the lighting and textures are about as expected for a current gen game.

It’s just people expected a more dark realistic fantasy setting and they went more colorful/stylized with their presentation.

It’s in line with their other games. I liked the outer worlds a lot, if this is more of that i’m down :ehh:

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
This and Fable were seemingly running at 60 in their trailers. I wonder if that factors in or does it only matter with some games

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
They not gonna admit it. I can admit Hellblade 2 and Fable looks visually stunning, but this game not only looks pretty ugly but the actual combat and gameplay looked bad
It looks like any other first person melee combat. Skyrim combat is the same shyt.

People know what they are getting into with a game like this. First person melee combat is always a bit janky.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
It looks better than the CGI trailer and it looks like obsidians previous game.

It’s fine if you don’t think it looks good, but there was no reason to have any expectation beyond what the game actually looks like.

Nah it was a bait and switch...:francis: alot of people was expecting it to be dark... considering how the teasers looked and when revealed it was cartoony bright childish trash...:mjlol: y'all was duped...

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It looks like any other first person melee combat. Skyrim combat is the same shyt.

People know what they are getting into with a game like this. First person melee combat is always a bit janky.

I mean, compare it to cyberpunk its like night and day difference

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Nah it was a bait and switch...:francis: alot of people was expecting it to be dark... considering how the teasers looked and when revealed it was cartoony bright childish trash...:mjlol: y'all was duped...
The teaser is in the op.

It’s “dark” cause it’s in a cave, but the art style and effects are the same shyt.