Avowed (PC, Xbox Series X|S) (February 18, 2025)

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
they fact they said this was in the pillars universe immediately made me check out

i liked the pillars game, but that world was just ass

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
What was ass about it???:mjgrin:
its just a dreary fukking place. some games can pull off an endlessly depressing worldscape and still make it engaging but pillars? everywhere you turn its "i tried to make a device to enrich our lives but god smited me and the entire village" "we're doing well recovering from the plague of stillborn soulless children all things considered" "we built a nice settlement here then a god stomped us out and snake people invaded shortly after" "there's a nice merchant union taking off that's only slightly racist" etc

im not sure what it is. you can do grim environments, sure. but the fact that its ALL bad and shortcuts to worse just makes you not even care when you come across new shyt

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
its just a dreary fukking place. some games can pull off an endlessly depressing worldscape and still make it engaging but pillars? everywhere you turn its "i tried to make a device to enrich our lives but god smited me and the entire village" "we're doing well recovering from the plague of stillborn soulless children all things considered" "we built a nice settlement here then a god stomped us out and snake people invaded shortly after" "there's a nice merchant union taking off that's only slightly racist" etc

im not sure what it is. you can do grim environments, sure. but the fact that its ALL bad and shortcuts to worse just makes you not even care when you come across new shyt

Dont worry avowed looks like saturday morning cartoons now so all that depressing shyt gonna be covered with rainbows and sprinkles and cartoony magic powers of the protagonist...:troll:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
so bright and cheery

screenshot-2015-03-30-22-02-48.png

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
so bright and cheery

screenshot-2015-03-30-22-02-48.png
that's the first area. look at all that sun :banderas:

i'll never get over how the biggest location in pillars 2 was basically the worst possible rendition of india; soul crushing poverty, squalor, and disease - and below THAT is the city-sized pit of zombies that people are thrown into as punishment :dead:

Superstar
Daps

:mjlol:
I know exactly what you’re talking about. For some reason I loved it. As soon as I heard a sob story I’d be in a rush to find another one lol. I still have to finish the second one and divinity 2.