Avowed (PC, Xbox Series X|S) (February 18, 2025)

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Thats not a good look... :sadcam:
it's not a good look if some random broad named Janet Garcia could sway your opinion. Nah, gizmo wasn't reaching by posting this and you're not playing the role of a flunky right now.

I do wonder what Janet Garcia thinks about Black Myths console downgrades :jbhmm:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Janet Garcia has very specific views and tastes, I doubt this says that much about the game for the majority of people.

Yeah, I'm not discounting her criticisms at all, but this could very much be a case of the wrong game for the wrong person. This isn't her type of game she's usually into, so there's a good chance that this was never really going to hit for her, which is fine.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, I'm not discounting her criticisms at all, but this could very much be a case of the wrong game for the wrong person. This isn't her type of game she's usually into, so there's a good chance that this was never really going to hit for her, which is fine.

Yeah I would never discount Janet Garcia's opinion as she is one of the most sincere, earnest voices in the industry but you have to take into account her very particular tastes when listening to her. Having her preview this game is a bit odd honestly.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah I would never discount Janet Garcia's opinion as she is one of the most sincere, earnest voices in the industry but you have to take into account her very particular tastes when listening to her. Having her preview this game is a bit odd honestly.

Agreed. But it looks like that was for her own project she's been trying to get off the ground, instead of freelance work for another outlet, so it's not like she was gonna have someone else do it. :mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
30 fps on Series X and S :picard:

Speaking on the Iron Lords Podcast, art director Matt Hansen said Obsidian is "targeting a baseline of 30fps" for the first-person fantasy RPG. 60fps sounds unlikely, however, even on the more powerful Xbox Series X.
Explaining, Hansen said Obsidian decided to go for 30fps in order to facilitate fancier visuals, and that because Avowed is a first-person, single-player game, "you don't necessarily need that 60 frames.

This is the dumbest thing I ever heard. So DOOM should also be 30fps?

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
It's not the consoles fault...:pachaha: if you was max FPS then wait for the PC version...:manny: it's always been like this...
What good is 60FPS if the overall game is trash???:mjlol:
I haven't purchased a console since 2013. I game on PC. I'm just frustrated for those who game on consoles. A first person game at 30 fps in 2024 is just unacceptable.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I haven't purchased a console since 2013. I game on PC. I'm just frustrated for those who game on consoles. A first person game at 30 fps in 2024 is just unacceptable.

Blame microsoft it's an exclusive and they can't even get a higher framerate...:mjlol: that's on them...period

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dudes in here complaining about 30 fps again?!?! While they are literally playing a action game that has the equivalent of FPS checkerboard rendering :mjlol: a 30fps gaming "displaying" 60 fps. And one of the only post in the thread about frame rate or performance is mine.

"It's smooth and beautiful" :mjlol:

Sony stans

:scust: