Avowed (PC, Xbox Series X|S) (February 18, 2025)

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Dudes in here complaining about 30 fps again?!?! While they are literally playing a action game that has the equivalent of FPS checkerboard rendering :mjlol: a 30fps gaming "displaying" 60 fps. And one of the only post in the thread about frame rate or performance is mine.

"It's smooth and beautiful" :mjlol:

Sony stans

:scust:

Here goes this "I'm 100% right and I saw this happening all along" ass folks

:mjlol:

rdj

Pro
Daps
Xbox not surprising and delighting their console fanbase :blessed:
The home of good enough but never more :blessed:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Never forget

Tyler, The Creator - So that was a fucking lie on Make a GIF

Last edited:

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm
Actually looking at this why doesn't this run in 60fps? This looks like a Skyrim mod
“We are targeting 30 frames per second, bare minimum," Hansen said. "That’s the expectation.

“It’s a first-person, single-player game, you don’t necessarily need that 60 frames. And that allows us to get a lot juicier with VFX and lighting and all this other stuff.

“It’s a trade-off we opted to make relatively early, and we’re really happy with that. The game’s running pretty smooth for how visually dense it is, and that was always our goal.”

But, Obsidian is still figuring out the nitty gritty of performance: “It’s one of the last things you do,” Hansen said.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I wanna know more about the story like do we get a house like skyrim or something???:dahell: or do we wander the roads like a bum???

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Yep, should have waited to do simultaneous release with Indiana jones on ps5/xbox in spring

But i have a feeling microsoft/obsidian are scared of dragon age
That's the major reason why they pushed it back. It makes sense because most people are going to opt for Dragon Age over it. I don't think they have to be too worried about Kingdom Come: Deliverance 2 that releases feb 2025.

I still think it's dumb not to have day and date for Indiana Jones. The only way they can make up for lost of sales due to hype cycle if the game is well liked among critics and fans. It's hard to have a delayed game and have people buy it day one unless it's a GOTY type of game

Mcroyale

Rookie
Daps
That's the major reason why they pushed it back. It makes sense because most people are going to opt for Dragon Age over it. I don't think they have to be too worried about Kingdom Come: Deliverance 2 that releases feb 2025.

I still think it's dumb not to have day and date for Indiana Jones. The only way they can make up for lost of sales due to hype cycle if the game is well liked among critics and fans. It's hard to have a delayed game and have people buy it day one unless it's a GOTY type of game
A first person Indiana Jones game is just silly. Rather just play avowed