Avengers: Age Of Ultron - Official Thread *Spoilers*

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
i'm gonna rewatch today... all that dumb cheesy shyt with her assistant and the assistant assistant... them doing the same, where did he go where did he go move for 15-20 mins

i thought the battle on thors planet was the best part...
after that its all forgettable to me
yeah where he and the villain are doing their best jumper impersonations

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
It was quite a disappointing movie.

It was laborious, convoluted and just had way too many characters. I took Joss Whedon for a decent storyteller, but this one was a bit of a mess. It was paced exactly like a comic book, and for me that just doesn't translate well into film. I think I had more of a problem with writing than I did the directing. Too many recycled tropes and cliched lines. I could predict lots of the punchlines before they were actually said. The pacing was a bit off at times as was the delivery from some of the characters.

Other than the execution of the film, I just disliked things that had to do with continuity - like Piotr and Wanda not being Magneto's kids for instance (granted this is probably due to FOX still having the X-Men rights). Compared to X-MEN Days of Future Past, this iteration of Quicksilver was a forgetful character. Wanda was also pretty forgetful as well. Vision's backstory aside, I had an issue with him being able to weild Mjolnir. What is the context for this? The Banner and Natasha romance also came across as unnecessarily forced. Also, was Hawkeye always calling her "Nat" before, or was this intentionally done to give of a semblance of them having history together? Also, revealing that he had a family did nothing to improve the character.

Did it make sense to anyone that Banner and Stark were so obstinate about creating 'Vision' to the point they were able to endanger the lives of their teammates? They quite literally started battling Captain America out of nowhere. Two reasonable men unable to listen to reason so they default to acting like savages. It also irks me when people in a non-english speaking foreign country just so happen to be speaking english to each other at all times. It shows the director does not trust the intelligence or at least attention span of his audience. Insulting. I have no problem with the pseudoscience, but Whedon sometimes just does things as a plot device. Mjolnir can literally be used in any situation and for just about any reason. It is the worst plot device in the MCU. They used Mjolnir to create Vision and used it again to break up the falling land mass from the city based on Whedon-science. I'm sure this has been touched upon before, but Ultron was more buffoonish than villainous. He was more a flawed character than one that should insight fear into the protagonists. Wasted a pretty decent piece of Marvel canon right there. Also Falcon was probably the most purposeless character in the whole movie - at least War Machine had some usefulness in the end.

I could go on and on about the paucity of quality in this movie, but I won't. I'll just say it was a huge step down from the first movie (which I feel is a top 5 comic book movie of all time). It does not hold a candle to Guardians of the Galaxy either. Something I did appreciate was them finally touching on Wakanda, though I wish they could have revealed a bit of the city, as well as the Black Panther. I guess that will have to do for now. As a long time fan of Marvel comics, it was also a little nostalgic to see the Vision on screen; as soon as the character came on screen I literally said "Vision" under my breath.

Expected a lot more from the movie, but left disappointed. This is probably the 2nd MCU movie I can say that about (the other being Iron Man 2). Hopefully Ant Man can wash out the bitter taste this movie has left in my mouth.

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding

It was laborious, convoluted and just had way too many characters. I took Joss Whedon for a decent storyteller, but this one was a bit of a mess. It was paced exactly like a comic book, and for me that just doesn't translate well into film. I think I had more of a problem with writing than I did the directing. Too many recycled tropes and cliched lines. I could predict lots of the punchlines before they were actually said. The pacing was a bit off at times as was the delivery from some of the characters.

Other than the execution of the film, I just disliked things that had to do with continuity - like Piotr and Wanda not being Magneto's kids for instance (granted this is probably due to FOX still having the X-Men rights). Compared to X-MEN Days of Future Past, this iteration of Quicksilver was a forgetful character. Wanda was also pretty forgetful as well. Vision's backstory aside, I had an issue with him being able to weild Mjolnir. What is the context for this? The Banner and Natasha romance also came across as unnecessarily forced. Also, was Hawkeye always calling her "Nat" before, or was this intentionally done to give of a semblance of them having history together? Also, revealing that he had a family did nothing to improve the character.

Did it make sense to anyone that Banner and Stark were so obstinate about creating 'Vision' to the point they were able to endanger the lives of their teammates? They quite literally started battling Captain America out of nowhere. Two reasonable men unable to listen to reason so they default to acting like savages. It also irks me when people in a non-english speaking foreign country just so happen to be speaking english to each other at all times. It shows the director does not trust the intelligence or at least attention span of his audience. Insulting. I have no problem with the pseudoscience, but Whedon sometimes just does things as a plot device. Mjolnir can literally be used in any situation and for just about any reason. It is the worst plot device in the MCU. They used Mjolnir to create Vision and used it again to break up the falling land mass from the city based on Whedon-science. I'm sure this has been touched upon before, but Ultron was more buffoonish than villainous. He was more a flawed character than one that should insight fear into the protagonists. Wasted a pretty decent piece of Marvel canon right there. Also Falcon was probably the most purposeless character in the whole movie - at least War Machine had some usefulness in the end.

I could go on and on about the paucity of quality in this movie, but I won't. I'll just say it was a huge step down from the first movie (which I feel is a top 5 comic book movie of all time). It does not hold a candle to Guardians of the Galaxy either. Something I did appreciate was them finally touching on Wakanda, though I wish they could have revealed a bit of the city, as well as the Black Panther. I guess that will have to do for now. As a long time fan of Marvel comics, it was also a little nostalgic to see the Vision on screen; as soon as the character came on screen I literally said "Vision" under my breath.

Expected a lot more from the movie, but left disappointed. This is probably the 2nd MCU movie I can say that about (the other being Iron Man 2). Hopefully Ant Man can wash out the bitter taste this movie has left in my mouth.

100% agree, this and iron man 2 are their misses so far

This movie was kind of a mess and ultron was never all that imposing as a villain

Super Cheech

I Feel So Westcoast
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles / SOHH Icey
AOU was cool. Solid 8/10. Could've done without the Widow/Banner love story and the extreme close ups of the action sequences felt off. Movie felt fast paced and jumbled.

Enjoyed the first movie more.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well Iron Man 3 was so bad they went back and erased everything that happened in it. :ld:

They did? It was already forgetful so what did they erase? And i saw this twice and one thing im missing is can vision live without the mind stone?

Like Ultron didnt complete his upload and tony put Jarvis in the body so it shouldnt be vital to his survival just a weapon ultron planned on using to control people?

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps

His only purpose in life is to serve cap, if cap don't have no Vaseline ready there is no need for falcon to stick around

not ironman3 :dwillhuh: