Avengers: Age Of Ultron - Official Thread *Spoilers*

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
I'd argue that the CGI in the first Transformers is pretty damn good but that's me. And some people DO want Citizen Kane writing from their comics and get mad at others for not doing it. Breaking down what you said breh, X-Men 3 was nothing but action, characters kicking ass, making homages to the cartoons and the comics, and had plenty of humor to boot. But most of us hate it, so why do we hate that but give props to something else which is doing the same thing? If we are saying all we want is our favorite superhero kicking ass, then what determines a good comic book flick and a bad one? I loved Amazing Spider-Man and like ASM 2, not as much as the first but I do like it for a lot of the dramatic stuff and it was some of the best Spidey action ever filmed, but people crapped on the writing and story structure and character development...yet it was one of our favorite superheroes putting boot to ass, swinging through the air, making jokes, and being ripped right out of the comics. But that's...bad?

The Dark Knight is a heady movie and has dope action along with good acting and good dialogue (not great) but good and I love it and it's heralded as the crowning achievement of a comic book flick and aspires to be what you said, the Citizen Kane of comic book flicks. So when do we want to prop up a movie for its writing and characterization and character development and when do we want to throw all that out the window in favor of ass kicking and dope action? And how are we picking and choosing when one is right (Avengers) and one is wrong (X3)

As much as i like TDK, id hate for every super hero movie to aspire to be like that. That is a movie that features a super hero, not a super hero movie. You could just about take Batman out that movie, replace him with random sci-fi action hero and its the same movie. Cap 2 struck a good balance of having a serious tone without going all the way down the Dark Knight path and keeping it a super hero movie.

And stop acting like people cant watch a movie and tell if its good or not even if it really is just about kicking ass. Iron Man 3 and X3 are pretty much panned by everyone as being bad, but like you said it does feature kicking ass.

The guy is in here complaining about a robots mouth, a giant foot, and Thor's gauntlets. Then gonna say he is only doing it because people do the same to DC movies......when has that happened? Did anyone shyt on Green Lantern because the technical specifications of his gatling gun may be off? Do people hate Catwoman because of something that happened with her costume?

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
IM3 was a HUGE letdown imo...

I liked it, but I understand why some don't

Iron Man 3 was basically "Tony Stark 3". The whole movie was about Tony as a man and less about Iron Man heroics. It was a character story, that had less of a plot and was more about seeing Tony adapt to things. If you aren't a fan of character driven stories (like most X-men stories) I can fully understand why you might not have liked it.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
What?

Are you fukking serious?

There's a guy with a suit of armor that's powered by a device that has the power of three nuclear reactors and it can fit in the palm of your hand.

There's another guy who is the pinnacle of peak human performance and was alive during world war II.

There's also a guy who can grow to 8 feet, turn green, and add a couple of hundred pounds of muscle to himself when he gets mad.

There's a fukking Norse God who wields a fukking magic hammer and can summon lightening when he feels like it....

BUT A fukkING ROBOT THAT MOVES HIS MOUTH WHILE HE TALKS IS UNREALISTIC?!?! That's where you draw the line?
These types of criticisms always make me :heh:

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
unless you have financial stakes in this I don't see what's the issue until the movie drops at that point it's either good or bad, at the end of the day we get to see great movies bieng made on stuff we grew up on dc or marvel

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
As much as i like TDK, id hate for every super hero movie to aspire to be like that. That is a movie that features a super hero, not a super hero movie. You could just about take Batman out that movie, replace him with random sci-fi action hero and its the same movie. Cap 2 struck a good balance of having a serious tone without going all the way down the Dark Knight path and keeping it a super hero movie.

And stop acting like people cant watch a movie and tell if its good or not even if it really is just about kicking ass. Iron Man 3 and X3 are pretty much panned by everyone as being bad, but like you said it does feature kicking ass.

The guy is in here complaining about a robots mouth, a giant foot, and Thor's gauntlets. Then gonna say he is only doing it because people do the same to DC movies......when has that happened? Did anyone shyt on Green Lantern because the technical specifications of his gatling gun may be off? Do people hate Catwoman because of something that happened with her costume?

He's playing devil's advocate though and a lot of you cats are falling for it hook line and sinker. He has legitimate issues with the flicks but that's not one of them. He's just trying to get some panties in a bunch and apparently it's working.

Now as far as Iron Man 3 goes, I like it, and I got no problem standing alone on that one. The only reasons I've heard anyone dislike it for, at least on this site, not offline, is that he's barely in the suit and the mandarin wasn't the mandarin. I don't mind that he's barely in the suit especially since it made since story wise and I thought the Mandarin twist was brilliant although they went right back to the cliche villain they've had in the first two iron man movies but that's besides the point. My definition of dope won't always match up with yours and that has to be OK, that's what makes for good debate and also makes us a tad smarter to hear other opinions.

I love Cap 2 also but I know not every super hero flick can be that or Dark Knight because those two movies were aiming at very lofty ideas and heady stuff, not just bang bang shoot em up action.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
If that's the case he's officially the worst hero ever. In iron man 1 he screwed it up. In iron man 2 he screwed it up, and he created iron man 3's villain when ditched him at that party. Now he created ultron? Wow.

Tony about breaks even on the Good move/Bad move scale, in general.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Something just realized from the trailer.
Brokenshield.png

The hand near Cap's broken shield isn't Cap. Does that mean something?

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Why I get the funny feeling the Abomination fight vs Hulk would still be superior to this?? In that one, Hulk used two whips as boxing gloves just to start putting the breaks on duke! And Abomination just spit and said, "is that all you GOT"

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
@Prodigal Syndicate has made a few good points though, he clearly hates Marvel films, but a lot of these movies don't really stand multiple viewings let alone the test of time.

But what he is wrong about is it just isn't Marvel movies that don't stand the test of time. I caught a lot of flack for saying so but TDK and TDKR aren't really that good either. They have great VILLAINS and great individual scenes, but they are pretty meh as well.

Like I said the Batman Begins was better than either of those films.

And lets not even get started on Green Lantern.