Avengers: Age Of Ultron - Official Thread *Spoilers*

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the suggestion that AoU didn't feel like a comic book movie is just :why: that opener alone with the snappy commentary like it was just another day on the beat was very Saturday morning cartoon bet hey. Have some dudes in a both formulate your opinion brehs

yall dudes try to hard to be smartasses....anyway, i didnt use the dudes in the booth to form an opinion...i explained in plenty of posts before that 1 why i thought the movie was disappointing, but yall acted like yall couldnt understand how i thought that, and not think it was great....i only used that cause they said the same shyt i had been saying, but in a different way to help yall understand.....

as for it feeling like a comic book: the opening battle, the ending battle, and the hulk/iron man scene did, everything else, no, at least to me....

in the end: i'm not telling others how to feel about the movie, i've just been stating how i felt about it....giving my opinions.....i dont think it was bad nor great....it was a decent, entertaining, but disappointing film...i wont see it multiple times int eh theater like i did the first one, but i'm still cop the blu-ray when it drops....that's it...

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
This scene felt STRAIGHT like a comic!
tumblr_nnmzpirqxZ1uovo1xo1_500.gif

tumblr_nnmzpirqxZ1uovo1xo2_500.gif

Seeing that shyt in IMAX brehs...:banderas::banderas::banderas:
Tell me marvel didn't bring the books to life :banderas:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Yeah I know fury went dark but again to go from that to then pulling up in a hellcarrier is a big difference. It just feels like sloppy writing especially with the sruff with tony. He blew up everything and seemed to imply he was finished period. And done tinkering so show me why he decided to tinker again that's all. If it's because of hydra then cool but show me that
I feel you dog but when has Stark EVER quit being ironman?

And the fact that they were making an Avengers 2 you should've known he wasn't quitting... He's one of the main characters for the next couple movies...

And in Ironman 3 he initiated the "clean slate protocol"... Meaning he was starting over. Nowhere did he say he was quitting.

And as far as Fury goes, he said in the movie he had a carrier stashed. In AoS, Coulson is still working with Hill who is still working for Fury... And Coulson knew that. He still has connections and a team working with him despite being underground... Even Hawkeye knew

Last edited:

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
naw, he never used it cause he didnt reach his 'final' form...his final form was gonna be the vision's body....the last form in the movie was just an upgrade, but he still wasnt finish evolving....
It sets up an interesting captain america civil war. I would think vision is dope enough to handle any foe dolo.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
look at the vids you posted, they help my point: there was a lot of destruction and assumed killing, but nothing too over the top, just like ultron...ex: he wasnt clearly hitting/killing people with nades like you said...he was hitting the ground and the explosions had people flying around like other movies...he clearly killed only 2 on screen: the guy he shot with the AR and the dude he kicked into the plane....the others you didnt see and just assume/think they died (even though some people were clearly still moving): him standing over the pilot shooting him in the head, throwing the nade in the plane with the dude, etc.....even the plane that exploded by that bunch of people didnt show them getting killed, but somehow this is more ruthless? lol....come on man....

naw, no need to tone him down cause they protected him while showing he was wild...when he refused to kill cap and was questioning things, and they had to wipe his mind again to get him to follow orders was protecting his hero image...

Nothing too over the top? it's people clearly getting killed on screen, what do you want them to show in a PG-13 movie, flying body parts?:what:

The only thing The Winter Soldier questions is who Captain America is? he wasn't questioning what he was doing up until the climax, before that he's killing and down for the cause even after asking about Captain merica which is why he accepts the wipe after the talk. None of the character's killing had to be in the movie at all. Like I said before it could have just been him only encountering and fighting Captain America and no one else with zero causalities. Along with just saying that he's an assassin. That would be protecting and neutering the character. Instead they didn't and showed him flat out killing and assassinating people. So why do you think they won't do the same with Thanos?

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Black Widows facial expression never changes
Scarlett Johannson is weird like that. She has this really stilted on-screen presence but as a disembodied voice in Her I thought she gave a performance so good she could have been nominated for an Oscar..

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I just came back from the movie (yes, again, sue me) and I'll post some stuff regarding Ultron. His final form did have Vibranium in it but most of it was used for Vision's body and the spire (I should note the Vibranium spire is shown to be intact falling to earth after the island is blown up so maybe that's how Black Panther comes into play in the upcoming movies). Anyway, regarding claims that Ultron was too weak, in his final form he spent most of the battle taking on (and beating down) Thor on his own, who needed Vision with Mjölnir to save his ass, and it took a combined attack of Thor's lightning, Vision's mind beam and Tony's repulsor blast to damage his body, although he was still standing after it (he also took at least two punches by the Hulk).

These are the confirmed on-screen Ultron kills:

Baron Strucker (although his death itself isn't shown, his corpse is).
Helen Cho's entire team of doctors (Cho herself is seen alive at the end).
The train driver during the Seoul action sequence (which forces Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver to stop the train).
At least one cop is seen shot to pieces during his sweep attack in the Quinjet that also leads to Quicksilver's death.

That's on top of the citizens we can assume died during the lift-off of Sokovia, which similar to the confirmed hundreds of deaths in the first movie's battle, aren't shown explicitly on-screen because it would be morbid to see.