Avengers: Age Of Ultron - Official Thread *Spoilers*

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
You checked how they had the coast in Joburg. I was in the theatre like:stopitslime:
Man I was in Afrikaner heavy Nu Metro in Menlyn and they was damn near standing in their seats during the Joburg part. Had me with the :comeon:face the entire scene

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
If that's what you was to tell yourself. But Stark directly stated that Rogers was the LEADER and all he is is the financier. That's why the woman reported to Rogers with the intel. Captain America always been established as the leader of the group. Stop it.

Tell my self? that's how it was portrayed in the movie. You do realise that line was him being sarcastic. Iron Man took the lead every-time in the film and is the one who drives the movie because he's the one in charge. Why do you think
Nick Fury went to him first and addressed him as the man in charge at the barn place?. The movie transitions Captain America from the sub-leader into the main leader with Black Widow as his no.2 just in time for his sequel. Civil War, the sequel to The Winter Soldier which had Captain America and Black Widow as the two leading characters and telling the world at the end that "you need us" :francis:. That was the whole point of the last five minutes of the film.

So how does it not set-up Civil War?:mjlol:

Last edited:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I think Joss Whedon fell victim to the "company line" over at Marvel.He's been throwing a lot of subliminal(some blatant) shots at Marvel lately.

He even said he was forced by Kevin Feige to kill off agent Coulson in the first Avengers.

He's always had that weird, frustrated homosexual vibe, but I think Marvel put the puppet strings on him.

It's funny that Age Of Ultron is his final film with Marvel and one of the main themes of the movie(mostly during promotion) was "Now I'm free...no strings on me":ohhh:

I remember how he praised Edgar Wright's Ant Man script after Marvel gave Edgar the boot.

Seems like creative people have a hard time sustaining any kind of relationship with Marvel:yeshrug:
Edgar wright isnt the first though. Ken branagh and jon favreau both left thor and iron man due to "creative differences." Ed norton left. Mickey rourke trash talked them Etc.

With all the money the movies they make youd think directors would be lining up for these films. Instead marvel is hiring tv directors and guys that havent worked in years.

Why? Because marvel is a factory. They dont want creative, powerful directors. They want warm bodies that will sit in the chair, shut the fukk up and do what theyre told. They want yes men. Thats why all their films all feel like variations of the exact same film with the same 3rd acts. They literally replaced edgar wright with a director whos last film was called "yes man." :dead: how ironic.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Edgar wright isnt the first though. Ken branagh and jon favreau both left thor and iron man due to "creative differences." Ed norton left. Mickey rourke trash talked them Etc.

With all the money the movies they make youd think directors would be lining up for these films. Instead marvel is hiring tv directors and guys that havent worked in years.

Why? Because marvel is a factory. They dont want creative, powerful directors. They want warm bodies that will sit in the chair, shut the fukk up and do what theyre told. They want yes men. Thats why all their films all feel like variations of the exact same film with the same 3rd acts. They literally replaced edgar wright with a director whos last film was called "yes man." :dead: how ironic.

No shock how they quickly moved the Russo brothers to handled all Avengers responsibilities too.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Man dang, this sucks to hear people shytting on it. Maybe what made avengers so good was just seeing all the heroes on the screen for the first time?

I cant imagine how this would be much worst than the first one. It would seem after the first avengers and GoG, this would be sure fire.

-DMP-
Ive been saying literally the only thing good about the first avengers film is the novelty of the heros all on screen together. You take that away its a very generic cookie cutter film.

Even gotg. People love the characters, which is understandable. But the actual film? The plot and villain? Its just the same tired marvel formula.

People are just slowly realizing it.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ive been saying literally the only thing good about the first avengers film is the novelty of the heros all on screen together. You take that away its a very generic cookie cutter film.

Even gotg. People love the characters, which is understandable. But the actual film? The plot and villain? Its just the same tired marvel formula.

People are just slowly realizing it.

Well, even though I TOTALLY agree with you with Avengers, I take exception with GotG, because it was VERY self-aware to not to take itself seriously, had better chemistry out of all of the MCU films, and that SOUNDTRACK though! :whew:

That movie perfectly executed a space opera odyssey. THAT said, it still have the same problems as ALL these MCU films with the weak-ass villains and same ass 3rd acts.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Well, even though I TOTALLY agree with you with Avengers, I take exception with GotG, because it was VERY self-aware to not to take itself seriously, had better chemistry out of all of the MCU films, and that SOUNDTRACK though! :whew:

That movie perfectly executed a space opera odyssey. THAT said, it still have the same problems as ALL these MCU films with the weak-ass villains and same ass 3rd acts.
The soundtrack was great and the characters were good too. Its better than most marvel films for those reasons but its still a marvel factory film that knocks off all the check boxes.

The execs have a structure in place and writers/directors cant change it.

I get bored of formulas much quicker than the mass populace admittedly. I was bored of cod games after mw2 and no limit cds after the first 6 months of their reign :heh:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
:mjpls: what was so complex about the batman and superman movies. Dark filters, serious facial expressions and a "dark" score don't make a movie complex.
shhhhhh all roads lead back to Nolan don't you know. If it wasn't for him comic book movies wouldn't even exist :beli:

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
No shock how they quickly moved the Russo brothers to handled all Avengers responsibilities too.
Of course. They directed episodes of community who the fukk are they? :dead: they say a peep or try to argue for their own vision marvel gives em the boot and find the directors that worked on full house Or some shyt :russ: