Avengers: Age Of Ultron - Official Thread *Spoilers*

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
@TheGodling What are your thoughts on this

Now we have two Avengers movies and both of them have mindcontrol as the biggest reason the plot and story happens:manny:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I don't get some people. Marvel has put out 8 flicks. If you don't know what to expect or have different expectations at this point then stop watching :mjpls:

Winter Soldier was serious because the character is mostly serious. These are comic book characters that appeal to families. I'm not expecting some dark/serious vibe.

And I already figured what Ultrons personality would be like based on the person that created him :mjpls:

Marvel been winning for so long people gotta nitpick now. Every flick doesn't have to be the same. Marvel has enough movies on deck to where they can switch it up.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
The opening tracking shot following each Avenger attacking the Hydra base?

Hulk's lil' bunker run?

Iron Man machine-gun punching the Hulk into the concrete?

Vision picking up Mjölnir like that?

Hawkeye fantasizing about shooting Quicksilver in the back?

The slow motion scene of the Avengers defending that spire-thingy from the incoming Ultron bots?

Those are just of the top of the head btw. If anything, I think it's sequelitis where the impact of such moments is lessened because of exactly how big the first movie was (not in the sense of execution, but just the fact of all of them being together on screen for the first time).
Honestly bruh, none of that makes me want to see the film again. Nothing ever felt serious, despite all the bing bang boom. Call it what you want, but I wasn't really feeling this one.

Sure it had a lot to live up to considering the love the first film received, but this one felt....... phoned in.

That's just how I feel.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I don't get some people. Marvel has put out 8 flicks. If you don't know what to expect or have different expectations at this point then stop watching :mjpls:

Winter Soldier was serious because the character is mostly serious. These are comic book characters that appeal to families. I'm not expecting some dark/serious vibe.

And I already figured what Ultrons personality would be like based on the person that created him :mjpls:

Marvel been winning for so long people gotta nitpick now. Every flick doesn't have to be the same. Marvel has enough movies on deck to where they can switch it up.
thats pretty much how its coming off now. the usual "it was a good movie and i had fun but *lists 15 things didnt like*" type of reviews coming out. mostly coming off mainly as a way to balance the positive reviews it will get.

if you wasnt feeling the movies or think the tone is wack or whatever why do you keep going to see the movies :mindblown: thats mainly why i dont mess with critics in the first place, they have inflated self importance and usually are a holes at the core

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
thats pretty much how its coming off now. the usual "it was a good movie and i had fun but *lists 15 things didnt like*" type of reviews coming out. mostly coming off mainly as a way to balance the positive reviews it will get.

if you wasnt feeling the movies or think the tone is wack or whatever why do you keep going to see the movies :mindblown: thats mainly why i dont mess with critics in the first place, they have inflated self importance and usually are a holes at the core

Yeah its all a big conspiracy.
For real, this is a post straight from a hardcore gaming forum.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
So nothing on Spiderman?

Nope.

@TheGodling What are your thoughts on this

Now we have two Avengers movies and both of them have mindcontrol as the biggest reason the plot and story happens:manny:

I didn't mind it. After all...

it's a common trope in superhero comics plus it was handled just different enough for me to accept it. I would've preferred a story without it, but alas, this is the story we got and that's what I judge it on.

With that said, I am glad that Whedon isn't outstaying his welcome by sticking around for another one (two even). The man gets a lot of things right that I find important (like I've spoken on before, I can't praise him enough for pushing the fact that heroes are here to protect people), but as a story teller he's very limited, and unfortunately lacks the insight to realize this (which is an increasing problem in this modern era I should say).

Honestly bruh, none of that makes me want to see the film again. Nothing ever felt serious, despite all the bing bang boom. Call it what you want, but I wasn't really feeling this one.

Sure it had a lot to live up to considering the love the first film received, but this one felt....... phoned in.

That's just how I feel.

That's too bad. I did think some parts were phoned in as well, but overall it did far more right than it did wrong. And regarding your comments about the tone never feeling serious, I view this franchise the same way as the F&F franchise. You know these guys are gonna win and you know they're going to do it 'miraculously', so you can sit there and be all bothered about how lightly they treat everything, or you can go with the flow. Not to downplay it btw, if that's how you feel, that's how you feel.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Nope.

I didn't mind it. After all...

it's a common trope in superhero comics plus it was handled just different enough for me to accept it. I would've preferred a story without it, but alas, this is the story we got and that's what I judge it on.

With that said, I am glad that Whedon isn't outstaying his welcome by sticking around for another one (two even). The man gets a lot of things right that I find important (like I've spoken on before, I can't praise him enough for pushing the fact that heroes are here to protect people), but as a story teller he's very limited, and unfortunately lacks the insight to realize this (which is an increasing problem in this modern era I should say).

That's too bad. I did think some parts were phoned in as well, but overall it did far more right than it did wrong. And regarding your comments about the tone never feeling serious, I view this franchise the same way as the F&F franchise. You know these guys are gonna win and you know they're going to do it 'miraculously', so you can sit there and be all bothered about how lightly they treat everything, or you can go with the flow. Not to downplay it btw, if that's how you feel, that's how you feel.
The good guy usually wins, I know, understand, and respect that. However, when the hero(es) never really seem to be in serious trouble it takes away from the journey.

I mean if these movies just want to be Transformers, Fast & Furious, that's cool but it don't impress me.

Human Torch

Byrd Gang 🦅
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly born. PG raised
I just came back from seeing it (I'm in Germany). It was good. Hawkeye and Thor had the funniest lines to me. Ultron was cool. A couple of cool cameos. Set up the next one well. Everything I expected.

But......for some reason it didn't hit that spot like i thought it would. I walked away satisfied but looking forward to the next xmen movie more than the next avengers at this point. I think the movie was really good but also felt very formulaic.

where is hulk brehs :mjcry:

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Yes or no without spoilers please. Was Whedon lying about there being no end credits scene and only a mid credit one, or is there both?

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Watched it earlier, I mentioned before that it was looking like it would be what Star Trek Into Darkness was to Star Trek '09' and I was right. It's a solid sequel that improves on the first film a lot in areas e.g. action, story, scope, villain, locations etc and it's also better and faster paced whilst being similar to the first. However it felt dryer compared to the first and lacks the major standout character moments the first one had such as Iron Man's conversation with Loki in his tower and The Hulk scenes. Main Avengers also take a backseat.

It felt a bit more serious(especially in the climax) and to me the humor felt reigned in and toned down compared to the first one. Noticeably Robert Downey Jr, he'll always have his quips and jokes but he didn't feel as overbearing as he did in the previous 2 Iron Man movies and Avengers. It felt less in your face here, so I'm surprised people are saying it was too much.

New characters were good and Jeremy Renner was finally given something to do and had a personality. Paul Betany and Elizabeth Olsen were good in their roles as Vision and Scarlet Witch. Quicksilver was good to. The scope and scale of this was ridiculous in a good way, shooting on location really made a lot of the set-pieces feel huge and like real War Zones, much better than green screen and sound stages. Had a lot of international flavour to it they go all over the world and it feels like they are really there. The same with the side characters that they introduce.

I thought Ultron was going to be terrible with the way people were talking about him but he was good, much better than Loki(Avengers films only) and Spader really brought the character to life. He's very human. I really liked his first scene which conveys that. My only problem is that it felt that he wasn't in it enough. He's in it a lot in the first third but then sort of disappears in the second before returning and with how the finale is done felt a bit peripheral to what was going on. Though if you take that his main body and drones are him then it works. People will like Loki more though.

Negatives the action is bigger and better here than in the first one, but Whedon can't do it and shoot it like Jon Favreau did in Iron Man and the Russos in The Winter Soldier. Nothing with the exception of Hulk vs Iron Man fight is touching them action and intensity wise. Editing was very sloppy noticeably in the opening. Reminded me of that messy and cut up opening in Quantum of Solace. Just too damn fast with the cuts. Hulk was CGI was very off at times, looked good then looked very fake. Something major that they do at the end felt very rushed and doesn't come off as good as it should of. Felt like a :yeshrug:moment when it should have left you:ooh:. Just so flat. There's romance in the film that quite frankly didn't need to be in it, didn't bother me as much as I thought it would but it was pointless though it works for both characters in the story. Definitely needed an extra 10-15 minutes for the new characters, Ultron and for what Whedon was trying to do.

Killing off Von Srucker and Quicksilver like that:shaq2:

All in all a strong 7.5 and probably top 3(Only Iron Man and Winter Soldier are ahead of it for me) of what they've done and subtlety sets-up the next couple of movies and world builds whilst being it's own thing :manny:. Don't expect it to blow you away, but expect a film that's bigger and better than the first and a good sequel to it.
Oh and the stuff they did with War Machine had me:dead:Cheadle did that role perfectly:mjlol: