Avatar: The Last Airbender is hitting Netflix on May 15th

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
101955431_288624438984836_1894635631982764768_n.jpg

KingCesar

All Star
Daps

I never liked that retcon. The little bits of lore about the waterbenders learning from the Moon, airbenders from the sky bison, firebenders from the dragons, and earthbenders from the badger moles were so much cooler than the lion turtles just giving people powers. IMO, the “Avatar Wan” backstory also kind of detracts from the original idea that bending isn’t supposed to be magic, but a form of martial arts in that world.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
The last classic Nickelodeon put out before the network went to hell.:wow:

Then they dropped that underwhelming spinoff that flopped.:hhh:
korra was good, they had the second, third and maybe 4th best villian in the entire series

I agree. Korra was good. Not only were the vilains great, but Korra was taken through the guantlet. She couldn't get 1 solid victory. Without her support system, she would've been an Avatar version of Azula.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I never liked that retcon. The little bits of lore about the waterbenders learning from the Moon, airbenders from the sky bison, firebenders from the dragons, and earthbenders from the badger moles were so much cooler than the lion turtles just giving people powers. IMO, the “Avatar Wan” backstory also kind of detracts from the original idea that bending isn’t supposed to be magic, but a form of martial arts in that world.

But everyone isn't born with, nor are able to learn bending abilities, so it is a form of magic.

The Lion Turtle taught Aang the ability to take someone's bending away, so they were tied into bending in some way. Also, how would people ever know they they could have the abilities the animals if people did not already have them? Of course you could argue that one would eventually try, but there realy had to be someone who showed them what the abilites allowed regular people to do. I like both angles, and how they connect...with the lion turtles eventually saying "fukk it...y'al don't deserve it" and people ending up learning and acquiring on their own.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Brehs I am so tempted to go ahead and watch the movie again. I know its awful, but now that I am done with the rewatch I need more Avatar. I guess I could rewatch the Korra series now instead.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
I just saw the two Boiling Rock (prison break) episodes and they were intense.

I remembered that Tai Lee and Mai eventually turn on Azula, but I didn't know it was this episode where it happens. I was shocked so see that it was Mai that helped Sokka and nem escape, and I was also shocked to see Tai Lee stop Azula. I thought those turns happen later in the series.

That's the good part of waiting so long to revisit a series.

BigSteppa

Kawhi pack got me leanin
Daps
They make Azula wayyyy to OP throughout the series just for her to get clapped by fukking Katara:mjlol:

Wish we seen aang firebend more but other than that no complaints deffo one of the best shows I've seen :yeshrug::wow:

born of fire

sherri martel stan account
Supporter
Daps
while rewatching this show i wished i could’ve seen it from a more mature perspective. i would love to see some crazy ass fights that didn’t have to be limited to a tv-12 audience. especially with shyt like blood bending being introduced and azula’s crazy ass. but i guess the strength about the show is that those kind of adult topics were approached really well for a children’s show. i just wish i could see an ever deeper version