• All blacks came on slave ships straight from west africa

Votes: 12 22.6%

• Total voters

NvrCMyNut

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I read up to page 10 and have yet to see solid evidence that the native americans were black. surely this would be easy to prove with science?

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
If black people are the Aboriginal people of the Americans, explain the close genetic similarity to Afro-Americans, Brazilians, Cubans etc. to black people on the African continent. If they've lived in the Americas for so long, how are they so closely linked?

Explain how Cubans and Brazilians speak Yoruba if their ancestors are native to the Americas

Explain how depictions of the Aztecs in their codex show people who look Amerindian.
:jbhmm:

Creating a sense of black self-worth in regard to world history doesn't mean the erasure of peoples who arguably have suffered equivalent or far worse suffering at the hands of Europeans.
Some may have came. But I have always questioned their scale. Millions of people over the course of 3 1/2 consecutive centuries is pretty damn impossible to me. I read a book called Africans and Native Americans and they said in South America, they had trouble distinguishing the people of Africa to the people of the Americas. They looked alike to them. You can't possibly tell me that the people running around called Native Americans could be mistaken for any type of Africans.

Then you have this.
bonampak_large.jpg

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Some may have came. But I have always questioned their scale. Millions of people over the course of 3 1/2 consecutive centuries is pretty damn impossible to me. I read a book called Africans and Native Americans and they said in South America, they had trouble distinguishing the people of Africa to the people of the Americas. They looked alike to them. You can't possibly tell me that the people running around called Native Americans could be mistaken for any type of Africans.

Then you have this.
bonampak_large.jpg

I've met Mayans/people from Central America who have dark skin. The evidence of dark skin in persons does not automatically make them 'black' or African in appearance. Moreover, their hair seems to be long and straight. Some individuals may have matted locks (with blood as Aztec priests did) but then again, having dread-locks isn't typical only of Africans. Asetic Hindus also have dreadlocks. About the book you cited, why is it funny to me that a cac would have difficulty telling apart people who aren't European??
Over 12 million Africans over the course of 3 and a half centuries isn't that far-fetched given the time span and the demand for labour in European colonies during that period of time.

I'm curious, why are you eager to accept that Africans played little or no role in slavery in the Americas?

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
I've met Mayans/people from Central America who have dark skin. The evidence of dark skin in persons does not automatically make them 'black' or African in appearance. Moreover, their hair seems to be long and straight. Some individuals may have matted locks (with blood as Aztec priests did) but then again, having dread-locks isn't typical only of Africans. Asetic Hindus also have dreadlocks. About the book you cited, why is it funny to me that a cac would have difficulty telling apart people who aren't European??
Over 12 million Africans over the course of 3 and a half centuries isn't that far-fetched given the time span and the demand for labour in European colonies during that period of time.

I'm curious, why are you eager to accept that Africans played little or no role in slavery in the Americas?
It wasn't a cac who wrote that book and he wasn't speaking for himself. We are under the delusion that Black = African. Don't let Melanesians tell they aren't from Africa and many of them look just like us. Won't be pretty. I'm not trying to say Africans played little or no role at all. I am doubting the scale of what they teach. I mean they continue to show us roots knowing that shyt is a fraud. Europeans were in wars, fighting from becoming enslaved themselves and even enslaving themselves and they had the resources, had the time, had the economics, and technology to transport 12 million Africans to the Americas. We actually believe this is the "new world". I doubt much of what we were taught in school.

Last edited:

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
Plan B of the Cac's is to try and erase that slavery ever happen
Well they would try it for one reason. To never bring to light that shows they were white slaves (not indentured) here as well. And there were lots of them. Ever read they were white and they were slaves?

Jammer22

All Star
Daps
I would caution away from saying Jamaica has no Tainos or Taino descended people left, brehs. I'm certain there's Taino ancestry among the Maroons not to sure about the broader population though. Apparantly this doc had something different to say. Not to sure about the blood memory stuff but I think she might be worth checking out. Anybody got anymore info on this?

'I Am Not Extinct' - Jamaican Taino Proudly Declares Ancestry

Share on googleShare on twitterShare on facebook

Published:Saturday | July 5, 2014 | 12:00 AM

PreviousNext
arawakc20140630pw.jpg

Olive Moxam-Dennis (left) said though she always knew she was Indian (Tainos), they never discussed. It was her daughter, Dr Erica Neeganagwedgin (right), who helped her to embrace her Taino heritage.

Paul H. Williams, Gleaner Writer

CHARLES TOWN, Portland:

WHEN ERICA Dennis of south St Elizabeth was in class at Hampton School in the said parish, a teacher told the students the Tainos in Jamaica were dead. There she was being told that she, a Jamaican Taino, was extinct.

But she said because at the time, students could not talk back to teachers, she kept quiet. Yet, she said she and another Taino girl resisted by calling themselves the 'Taino Girls'. In her own family, consisting of a Taino mother and an African father, there were eight children.

In the lot, five of them look distinctly Taino and one of her sisters embraces her Taino heritage. And an older brother has always believed he was Taino. But the siblings, who were born in England, are not interested in their Taino identity.

She is now Dr Erica Neeganagwedgin, a professor at the Centre for World Indigenous Knowledge and Research, Athabasca University in Canada, where she has been living for more than 25 years.

Neeganagwedgin said her childhood days were a life of the Tainos hiding their identity because they were afraid of being ridiculed. Moreover, many Tainos could not identify with themselves because they were told that they were extinct.

"It was always painful. I was always bothered, always felt hurt that I could not express who I am. I was also afraid of being ridiculed because of what is said about Tainos in the books," she told Rural Xpress. "It is very hard. Many people don't say they are ... . All our lives, we were told they are dead ... . We have been told they have all vanished."

Always knew

But Neeganagwedgin, who said her grandmother looks like a native American, stated she had always known she was Taino because of her looks, family stories, and blood memories. She recalled once driving in the back of a pickup, and when she looked up into some hills, she saw "a whole bunch" of Taino people.

She was told by an elder that she was having blood memories of her Taino ancestors. The hills, valleys, and plains of south Manchester and St Elizabeth have long been known as Taino territories.

She was brought up in the Pedro Plains/Treasure Beach area, and she said many Tainos live along the coast, and mixed-race people, who believe they are mixed with other races apart from Tainos, might just be half Tainos.

"Tainos are alive and well throughout Jamaica - just that many people do not know." She said people are more concerned with other issues than those of identity. "The Government knows that we exist, and I know that the Government knows that there are Taino people in St Elizabeth," she said.

Neeganagwedgin said the issue of identity was important to her as she is a proud Taino.

She had always wanted to speak about her Taino identity, did her research, and the Charles Town Maroon conference came up.

At the conference in June, she presented a paper called 'My Taino Nation: Identity, Indigeneity, Resurgence' and Self-determination'. She said she fought back tears during the emotional presentation.

Neeganagwedgin identifies herself as 100 per cent African and Taino. She wants to create an awareness in Jamaica of the presence of Jamaican Tainos, especially along the south coast. She also wants the big lie about the Tainos to be changed in the history books. She herself will be writing a book about her life as a Taino in Jamaica.

rural@gleanerjm.com

Photos by Paul Williams

Dominoes

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Myself
Oh it happened;

But any Black person that don't believe or understand that Africans got to the Americas on their own before the 1500s should do some more research without their white supremacist lenses on.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
It wasn't a cac who wrote that book and he wasn't speaking for himself. We are under the delusion that Black = African. Don't let Melanesians tell they aren't from Africa and many of them look just like us. Won't be pretty. I'm not trying to say Africans played little or no role at all. I am doubting the scale of what they teach. I mean they continue to show us roots knowing that shyt is a fraud. Europeans were in wars, fighting from becoming enslaved themselves and even enslaving themselves and they had the resources, had the time, had the economics, and technology to transport 12 million Africans to the Americas. We actually believe this is the "new world". I doubt much of what we were taught in school.

Melanesians and Papua New Guineans are dark skinned and have curly hair but they are not black African. In fact, their DNA renders them very distinct from Black Africans. Are you trying to prove that black Africans lived in the Americas prior to European colonization or dark-skinned peoples lived in the Americas? The issue is, dark-skinned people lived in the Americas but they weren't 'black'. Black referring to the physical features and genetic features that we typically attribute to black people.

In regard to the amount of Africans shipped to the Americas, are you saying that the documents from Spanish, Portuguese, French and British slave traders, banks, ports, etc. etc. are all false? Transporting 10-12 million individuals over three centuries isn't a fantastic figure.

Explain this demographic quandary. After the English conquered Jamaica from the Spanish at the turn of the 17th century - there were less than 20,000 people on the island. Over the course of the century the population of the island increased dramatically. Over a million West and Central Africans were transported to Jamaica during the Slave Trade. If your hypothesis about blacks being in the Americas were true - how were black Jamaicans able to reproduce so quickly?

Bear in mind, most slaves didn't last more than 7 years on average on sugar plantations before the abolition of the slave trade and that there was a gender imbalance in favour of males.

How do you explain this???
:mindblown: